Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7568 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6598 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
Normal, law-abiding, gun carrying citizens will not be affected by tighter legislation like comprehensive background checks ... No one is trying to take your guns away from you...unless you are mentally ill, or have a criminal background.
Really? Need I post those New York stories again??? You know, where a newspaper listed and mapped all the citizens with registered firearms? Or the fact they are trying to confiscate guns and permits?

You must not follow Democrat politics too closely. There is no stopping point with liberals. They may say they want X, but once they get X, they move to Y, and then Z.

As I explained before, what happens if DumBama gets an all Democrat Congress and Senate to work with next election? Think they won't try to tax firearm owners into submission? Why not? They would have an entire list of people to go after. Like cigarettes, they can't stop you from having them, but if you do, it will cost you an arm and a leg. And when you get sick of paying through the nose, you surrender whatever it is that makes you happy if it's on the Democrats ship list.
That

Huntsville, AL

#6599 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

We celebrate that we cut so much money and nobody knew the difference. It furthers our concept that we can do just fine with a lot less government and spending.

proves how out of touch your are with reality. This BS has already suppressed the growth of the economy by 1/2 percent and most of furloughs and major cuts have not kicked in yet. Vital services have been lost and there is hardly any contracting. The ripple effects are bad now and going to get worse.
Yep

Huntsville, AL

#6600 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Factcheck (also known to lean pretty left)
Factual information does seem to lean pretty left, if you are not familiar in dealing with facts. LOL

I

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6601 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Straining your brain eh retard!?
Again, deflection.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6602 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
Normal, law-abiding, gun carrying citizens will not be affected by tighter legislation like comprehensive background checks ... No one is trying to take your guns away from you...unless you are mentally ill, or have a criminal background.
Using the logic that "criminals don't obey gun laws" is a useless oxymoron. Of course criminals don't obey the law, that’s why we call them criminals – duh!! But we still need the law, so that violators can be punished. And then there is the Moral justification? Really? How is gun control a moral issue?
Oh puhlezze, restrictions are placed on the “law abiding citizen” all the time, and it always will until you gunloons can figure out a way to catch the criminal before he acts! When was the last time that you caused an accident because you were driving at an unsafe speed – never? You see, me neither, but I still have to obey speed limits.
We need only use words like “reason,”“common sense,”“evidence,” and “intellectual honesty” to do the job.
BS
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6603 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Need I post those New York stories again??? You know, where a newspaper listed and mapped all the citizens with registered firearms? Or the fact they are trying to confiscate guns and permits?
You must not follow Democrat politics too closely. There is no stopping point with liberals. They may say they want X, but once they get X, they move to Y, and then Z.
As I explained before, what happens if DumBama gets an all Democrat Congress and Senate to work with next election? Think they won't try to tax firearm owners into submission? Why not? They would have an entire list of people to go after. Like cigarettes, they can't stop you from having them, but if you do, it will cost you an arm and a leg. And when you get sick of paying through the nose, you surrender whatever it is that makes you happy if it's on the Democrats ship list.
No you don't, and don't be a bonehead neither! those NY people have a right to their opinion which is all it is - keep yer' gunloon pants on buddy!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6604 May 2, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>The House passed the bill without amendments by a margin of 257–167 at about 11 p. m. EST on January 1, 2013. 85 Republicans and 172 Democrats voted in favor while 151 Republicans and 16 Democrats were opposed.

At around 2 a.m. EST on January 1, 2013, the Senate passed the bill, by a margin of 89–8. 49 Democrats (and Democratic-caucusing Independents) and 40 Republicans voted in favor while 3 Democrats and 5 Republicans voted against.

The House passed the Budget Control Act on August 1, 2011 by a vote of 269–161. 174 Republicans and 95 Democrats voted for it, while 66 Republicans and 95 Democrats voted against it.

Which proves teabaggers were FOR it before they were AGAINST it.

Regardless, it has been teabaggers whining about spending cuts, the budget, the deficit, big government, etc. since day one.

They finally get them and they whine.
Ok, so lets review. You've already posted that sequestration was originated in the White House. You posted that more Republicans voted against it than Democrats. You posted that previously more Democrats voted against it than Republicans. I guess one out of three isn't so bad, huh?

Conservatives are upset that they didn't get the right cuts in the right places. Damn them to hell for that, right?

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6605 May 2, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>More whining! What a shocker! Lmao!
Pointing out that someone is deflecting is what you call whining? You may want to invest in a Webster's Dictionary.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6606 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>If the courts interpreted the Second Amendment as they do the First, we would all have the right to own nuclear weapons. Some scholars think this kind of reading of the Second Amendment means that “individuals may keep and bear ... whatever ‘arms’ they desire.” So, you really think our Constitution recognize your neighbor’s right to park a brand new M-1 Abrams main battle tank in his driveway? Should we permit gun shops to hold tent sales offering great low prices on military-grade flamethrowers and nerve-gas-tipped artillery shells? Must the U.S. Government allow you to carry a “suitcase nuke” to avoid violating your fundamental Constitutional rights, even if you might trip while carrying it and level a city block?
Ah, so you admit the SCOTUS is not consistent in their interpretation of the Bill Of Rights?
We are granted the right to keep and bear arms. Bearable arms do not include tanks, jet fighters, and war ships...
The point of the second amendment is to insure that we the people have equal bearable arms to the military.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6607 May 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you admit the SCOTUS is not consistent in their interpretation of the Bill Of Rights?
We are granted the right to keep and bear arms. Bearable arms do not include tanks, jet fighters, and war ships...
The point of the second amendment is to insure that we the people have equal bearable arms to the military.
What are you a comedian ...?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6608 May 2, 2013
That wrote:
<quoted text>
proves how out of touch your are with reality. This BS has already suppressed the growth of the economy by 1/2 percent and most of furloughs and major cuts have not kicked in yet. Vital services have been lost and there is hardly any contracting. The ripple effects are bad now and going to get worse.
And the right is the group complaining about that?

Don't keep making excuses for your failure President. If it's not Bush's fault, it's the Republican Congresses fault. If it's not the Republican Congresses fault, it's Fox News's fault. If it's not Fox News's fault, it's Limbaugh's fault. If it's not Limbaugh's fault, it's the tsunami's fault..........

But no matter who's fault it is, it's never DumBama's fault.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6609 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't, and don't be a bonehead neither! those NY people have a right to their opinion which is all it is - keep yer' gunloon pants on buddy!
Opinion? Is that what you call it? I call it intentional action to harm people who are armed because guns are on the liberals ship list.

The farther liberals are away from our guns--the safer we are. Don't give them three feet yet alone a mile.
Nope

Huntsville, AL

#6610 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And the right is the group complaining about that?
the teabaggers hate civil society and want country to suffer for political reasons. They are the tools of the skimming class.
Nope

Huntsville, AL

#6611 May 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
...
The point of the second amendment is to insure that we the people have equal bearable arms to the military.
The point of the second amendment was to ensure that in absence of a large standing continental army the states could raise state militias to defend OUR country against the British who they figured would be coming back. And they did.

Nothing to do with the situation today.

And the third amendment was to prevent soldiers from being quartered in your house.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6612 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion? Is that what you call it? I call it intentional action to harm people who are armed because guns are on the liberals ship list.
The farther liberals are away from our guns--the safer we are. Don't give them three feet yet alone a mile.
Your reaction simply exposes your ideological rigidity and your narrow mindedness. I can only speak for myself, but as a gun owner and avid target shooter it is a very simple matter of "either your guns are in your hands on your hip or in your safe." If everyone followed those simple rules we would not have dead school children nor would we have millions of guns floating around waiting for criminals to grab them up.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6613 May 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reaction simply exposes your ideological rigidity and your narrow mindedness. I can only speak for myself, but as a gun owner and avid target shooter it is a very simple matter of "either your guns are in your hands on your hip or in your safe." If everyone followed those simple rules we would not have dead school children nor would we have millions of guns floating around waiting for criminals to grab them up.
I see. So the people responsible are those who leave their guns laying around? Of course, it's not the criminals fault. After all, the criminal has no ability to purchase or steal a firearm to commit murder.

You know, if only people would obey the speed limit, use turn signals, and allow themselves ample time to reach their destination, we would have no road fatalities either. If only people who had the money and ability to repay their loan, we wouldn't have had a housing crisis. If only people would have families they could afford, there would be little need for welfare. If only people would accept jobs that included medical coverage, we wouldn't need Commie Care.

But since people are by nature imperfect, we should legislate perfection. We've had such a successful record of doing so in the past.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6614 May 2, 2013
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
the teabaggers hate civil society and want country to suffer for political reasons. They are the tools of the skimming class.
I always thought the tools of the skimming class were those we support with our tax dollars.
Yeah

Huntsville, AL

#6615 May 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought the tools of the skimming class were those we support with our tax dollars.
those who we support by letting them get away with offshoring their profits instead of paying those taxes
And

Huntsville, AL

#6616 May 2, 2013
their republican protectors in Congress and dumb people who think they are sacred cows

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6617 May 2, 2013
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
the teabaggers hate civil society and want country to suffer for political reasons. They are the tools of the skimming class.
modern pseudo liberals hate civil society look at what they have done to Chicago.

Strict Gun Laws in Chicago Can’t Stem Fatal Shots

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-c... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 34 min Injudgement 1,616
News Democrats to push for universal background chec... Aug 26 payme 4
News Melania Trump will address immigration controve... Aug 23 JohnInLa 218
News George Soros, Other Democratic Megadonors Plowi... Aug 21 Heath Ledger Suic... 2
News New Dating Site Aims to Pair Concealed Carry Si... Aug 21 RobertM 1
News Psychiatrists Reminded To Refrain From Armchair... Aug 20 lorr d 4
News In Several States, Trump's Poll Monitors May Be... Aug 17 Marauder 9
More from around the web