Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: North Port Sun 7,569

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6319 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they did, maybe the didn't. Do you really believe that the founders looked into the next hundred years or so and seen muskets?
The founders included an amendment process for all changes that take place with time. However, that mood to make such changes would have to be so strong that it would pressure most of the representatives to make that change. Obviously, this isn't one of those issues.
My interpretation of the Second is that the founders wanted individuals to be able to protect themselves from all evil and that includes government. Yet you believe that we let the people we might need to protect ourselves from, tell us what kind of weapons we are allowed to have to do so????? Sorry, that just doesn't make sense.
Excellent!

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#6320 Apr 24, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly, he said it turned around which it has
Sorry, libby LIAR:
President Obama said Monday that even though the recession has been officially declared over, for the millions of people who are out of work or otherwise struggling "it's still very real for us."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

A National Propoganda Radio source non-the-less.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6321 Apr 24, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, libby LIAR:
President Obama said Monday that even though the recession has been officially declared over, for the millions of people who are out of work or otherwise struggling "it's still very real for us."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
A National Propoganda Radio source non-the-less.
Thanks for making my point ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6322 Apr 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
Gunloons, in the end, have no case – the truth will prevail!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#6323 Apr 24, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Reality:
Why is it that if you take advantage of a corporate tax break you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something so your kids don't go hungry, you're a moocher?
The Reagan – Thatcher theory of "If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows" has made the rich immensely more rich while the middle has stagnated and the poor got poorer.

Rightwing reality:
I am the misunderstood superhero of American capitalism, single-handedly creating wealth and prosperity despite all the obstacles put in my way by employees, government and the media. I am entitled to all the rights and privileges of running an American company, but owe no loyalty to America, to workers or the taxpayer!
Never underestimate the right-wingnuz capacity for gullibility and stupidity.
Because those corporations are providing jobs. You know, the things people are supposed to take advantage of to feed their children.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#6324 Apr 24, 2013
Protester wrote:
Venezuela’s president Hugo Chavez demanded a return his country’s 160 tons of gold stored in New York Federal Reserve and European vaults. At the time, Chavez was portrayed in the media as some sort of nut. In retrospect, he may have been brilliant. He protected his country by refusing to believe the “big lie(s)” concerning gold and fiat dollars.
http://en.paperblog.com/germany-repatriates-g...

‘…media outlets like McClatchy started investigating, they were forced to admit that not a single person has been attacked or lost their lives as a result of the Afghanistan war documents that they originally claimed had blood on their hands.’
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/12/19/bradle...

The Federal Reserve Is A PRIVATELY OWNED Corporation
By Thomas D. Schauf © 1992
http://rense.com/ufo2/fedrez.htm
‘the FED started buying up the media in the 1930's and now owns or significantly influences most of it’
‘For the New World Order to create a one world government, they must control a central bank, eliminate the Constitution, end Christian values, disarm America, and control the media’
‘The same bankers who own the FED control the media and give huge political contributions to sympathetic members of Congress’
‘the Federal Reserve banks acting together have cost this country ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THE NATIONAL DEBT SEVERAL TIMES OVER.’
‘Congressman Henry Gonzales, Chairman of a banking committee, introduces legislation to repeal the Federal Reserve Banking Act of 1913 nearly every year. It's always defeated, the media remains silent, and the public never learns the truth.’

ConservativesÂ’ crisis of confidence
http://www.salon.com/2012/11/17/conservatives...
Clearly, the only explanation for all this delusion is that conservative media and campaign consultants, steeped in years of confidently lying about everything from global warming to the causes of the deficit, got a little too bold about their ability to create their own realities. The only question is whether conservatives will learn their lesson and exhibit more skepticism about their self-selected news media in the future.
The answer is almost surely no, for a very good reason: Conservative credulousness is so baked into the culture of the right that it could well be considered a defining feature. This has been true for as long as movement conservatism as we know it has existed, and thereÂ’s no real reason to think conservatives are going to sharpen up about this now.

Notice that whereas media companies usually suppress news about black people's murder by police
http://marylovesjustice.blogspot.com/2012/03/...

‘The racialization in perceptions of welfare is reinforced by the news media…’
http://prospect.org/article/truth-about-welfa...

Nobody trusts the mainstream media
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

ItÂ’s also been reported many times that local news programs only give about 22 seconds of serious news, 3 minutes about crime, etc. per half hour. Their goal is to entertain and keep the public viewing commercials.
Really? Blogs? Newsletters?.org s? Lmao!!!!!!!!!!
Truly hilarious.
You thinking those qualify as MSM is beyond a red flag of your political IQ.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#6325 Apr 24, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>I usually ignore people who are this dense, but AGAIN, I have blamed just about everybody for what they've done.
No, I'm not going to make a list for you just because you're a village idiot, especially when I know that you‘re going to come up with some equally stupid comment/accusation/lies.
Likely story.
Everyone here knows you are full of BS.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#6326 Apr 24, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Blogs? Newsletters?.org s? Lmao!!!!!!!!!!
Truly hilarious.
You thinking those qualify as MSM is beyond a red flag of your political IQ.
Protestor stands facing himself in a mirror and when he speaks, he thinks he's getting true facts from an outside, reputable source.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6327 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. We Republicans beg you to bring it on. The party of the dead people vote. Your voters are so intelligent that they opt to live in the ghetto and inner cities. They don't even have the smarts to obtain an ID to vote. They are too stupid to find their way to the polling places, so Democrats send out busses to pick them up and take them back.
Yes, liberals are those do-gooders that conservatives hate. You people keep trying to convince each others that you’re the good guys, but you can’t make a point without revealing your true evil natures.
While Christianity teaches us to help each other, conservatives work overtime to try to do evil to others, and to lie about the motives of those who do good.(Satan is the Father of Lies, and you people wallow in it.) Your whole post is filled with lies, and you’re all so devoted to your evil ways that nothing will change you. You’re lost and a waste of my time.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6328 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And now that he's been in office over four years, you and he are still blaming Bush. Which is more ridiculous?
There’s no end to your stupidity.
OK everybody, here we have an alleged genius. He came up with this all by himself. He says the solution to the world-wide Recession is to just STOP IT, AND HE MEANS RIGHT NOW EVERYBODY!!!
There, how’d that work?
I’ve been saying that it’s like trying to stop a loaded freight train on a dime because some idiot conservative is standing in the tracks, too confused to move.
Did it never once occur to you that there’s a reason why the Republican Party has put forth candidates who don’t have a chance in he11 of winning? No, of course it didn’t.
It’s because the Elite KNOWS THAT THERE IS NO WAY OUT OF THE MESS THEY CREATED, WHICH IS WHY THEY DECIDED TO DO IT THAT WAY.
Never mind, this is going to get way too complicated for you, and you’ll never accept reality because it would blow your little fantasy world to bits.
You've been given a great link to information, but we know you're too lazy and stupid to check it out or you'd never keep making insane comments.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6329 Apr 24, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, liberals are those do-gooders that conservatives hate. You people keep trying to convince each others that you’re the good guys, but you can’t make a point without revealing your true evil natures.
While Christianity teaches us to help each other, conservatives work overtime to try to do evil to others, and to lie about the motives of those who do good.(Satan is the Father of Lies, and you people wallow in it.) Your whole post is filled with lies, and you’re all so devoted to your evil ways that nothing will change you. You’re lost and a waste of my time.
^This^ is the best example of "projection" that I have EVER seen on Topix. You spew more hate than anyone here, o' righteous one.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#6330 Apr 24, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Protestor stands facing himself in a mirror and when he speaks, he thinks he's getting true facts from an outside, reputable source.
Lmao! I can believe that.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6331 Apr 24, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s no end to your stupidity.
OK everybody, here we have an alleged genius. He came up with this all by himself. He says the solution to the world-wide Recession is to just STOP IT, AND HE MEANS RIGHT NOW EVERYBODY!!!
There, how’d that work?
I’ve been saying that it’s like trying to stop a loaded freight train on a dime because some idiot conservative is standing in the tracks, too confused to move.
Did it never once occur to you that there’s a reason why the Republican Party has put forth candidates who don’t have a chance in he11 of winning? No, of course it didn’t.
It’s because the Elite KNOWS THAT THERE IS NO WAY OUT OF THE MESS THEY CREATED, WHICH IS WHY THEY DECIDED TO DO IT THAT WAY.
Never mind, this is going to get way too complicated for you, and you’ll never accept reality because it would blow your little fantasy world to bits.
You've been given a great link to information, but we know you're too lazy and stupid to check it out or you'd never keep making insane comments.
There is a great gap between "great" links and "credible" links. You provide utter BS that anybody with an issue could dig up on the internet. When you are offered a credible link that goes against your paranoia delusions, you simply call it a lie.

That's the point when you start calling everybody else stupid; as if you're half-way intelligent in some way. You don't seem to realize that not everybody lives in your black helicopter world, and sees reality as reality.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6332 Apr 24, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, liberals are those do-gooders that conservatives hate. You people keep trying to convince each others that you’re the good guys, but you can’t make a point without revealing your true evil natures.
While Christianity teaches us to help each other, conservatives work overtime to try to do evil to others, and to lie about the motives of those who do good.(Satan is the Father of Lies, and you people wallow in it.) Your whole post is filled with lies, and you’re all so devoted to your evil ways that nothing will change you. You’re lost and a waste of my time.
Everybody is a waste of your time. That's the problem. Those with a closed mind can't learn anything. Now who is it that Republicans are causing all this evil for? I know, I know, you are too above us all to answer that question.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#6333 Apr 24, 2013
I wonder if the conservatives still believe sequestration was a great thing for America.

Funny thing is, I haven't heard a peep from them!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6334 Apr 24, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality:
Why is it that if you take advantage of a corporate tax break you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something so your kids don't go hungry, you're a moocher?
The Reagan – Thatcher theory of "If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows" has made the rich immensely more rich while the middle has stagnated and the poor got poorer.
Rightwing reality:
I am the misunderstood superhero of American capitalism, single-handedly creating wealth and prosperity despite all the obstacles put in my way by employees, government and the media. I am entitled to all the rights and privileges of running an American company, but owe no loyalty to America, to workers or the taxpayer!
Never underestimate the right-wingnuz capacity for gullibility and stupidity.
My goodness, I think you're finally figuring it out. Businesses and corporations don't give people a job because it's their civic duty. They hire people to work in their business doing work they can't do themselves.

The problem conservatives and liberals have understanding each other is their outlook on what our country is. To conservatives, we are a country of individuals who are blessed with the free will to choose our path in life. To liberals, our country is one giant commune.

In a commune, everybody puts their fruits and vegetables in the middle of the room and others take regardless if they contributed or not. In an individual world, you keep the vegetables and fruits you worked hard to gather. Then, if you see some pour soul who is incapable of fending for themselves, you offer on your own free will some of what you reaped. It's not forcibly taken from you in the name of charity.

There were times when I was younger when I didn't have enough money. But I didn't complain that the rich should give me some of theirs. I worked more hours if need be. There were many times in my younger day when I worked several jobs. People (especially younger ones) don't have that kind of attitude today. They won't learn a trade or try to get a higher education. Damn it. I want to screw nuts onto bolts, and I want to make an upper-middle-class living by doing that job, and somebody better make that happen!

Lastly, the difference between a corporation taking a tax break and somebody abusing our social programs is that the corporation does society good. You can't give them anything. All you can do is take less of what they give you. My taxes don't go up and my country go into severe debt over corporations. We do go into debt by handouts and social programs.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6335 Apr 24, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Because those corporations are providing jobs. You know, the things people are supposed to take advantage of to feed their children.
Yes they do - in China ye moron!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#6336 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, I think you're finally figuring it out. Businesses and corporations don't give people a job because it's their civic duty. They hire people to work in their business doing work they can't do themselves.
The problem conservatives and liberals have understanding each other is their outlook on what our country is. To conservatives, we are a country of individuals who are blessed with the free will to choose our path in life. To liberals, our country is one giant commune.
In a commune, everybody puts their fruits and vegetables in the middle of the room and others take regardless if they contributed or not. In an individual world, you keep the vegetables and fruits you worked hard to gather. Then, if you see some pour soul who is incapable of fending for themselves, you offer on your own free will some of what you reaped. It's not forcibly taken from you in the name of charity.
There were times when I was younger when I didn't have enough money. But I didn't complain that the rich should give me some of theirs. I worked more hours if need be. There were many times in my younger day when I worked several jobs. People (especially younger ones) don't have that kind of attitude today. They won't learn a trade or try to get a higher education. Damn it. I want to screw nuts onto bolts, and I want to make an upper-middle-class living by doing that job, and somebody better make that happen!
Lastly, the difference between a corporation taking a tax break and somebody abusing our social programs is that the corporation does society good. You can't give them anything. All you can do is take less of what they give you. My taxes don't go up and my country go into severe debt over corporations. We do go into debt by handouts and social programs.
lol! Damn straight!

Signed,

Jeff Skilling, Ken Lay, etal....
spocko

Oakland, CA

#6337 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

In a commune, everybody puts their fruits and vegetables in the middle of the room and others take regardless if they contributed or not. In an individual world, you keep the vegetables and fruits you worked hard to gather. Then, if you see some pour soul who is incapable of fending for themselves, you offer on your own free will some of what you reaped. It's not forcibly taken from you in the name of charity
Lastly, the difference between a corporation taking a tax break and somebody abusing our social programs is that the corporation does society good. You can't give them anything.
Your half-backed rant is straight out of the right-wing propaganda playbook.
The wingers love giving away taxpayer money too, they just do it differently. Like billion dollar (sole-source) contracts to Halliburton, farm subsidies that benefit multi-millionaires with a hobby ranch in Wyoming or Montana, or the twelve billion dollars squandered monthly in Iraq, conservatives are outrageously liberal with American tax dollars. When conservatives privatize a government function like the management of Walter Reed, they always say it's to make the services better and more efficient. They never call it what it actually is—a giveaway straight from the public purse. In the name of individual responsibility, conservatives proudly deny a helping hand to the poor and powerless. Meanwhile they ladle money into the banks of the rich and powerful in the form of tax subsidies or unquestioned contracts.
The sad fact is, if you’re a Fortune 500 company or a member of the wealthiest elite, you’re getting welfare, and a hell of a lot of it.
That dreaded entitlement crowd you are referring to – which, if you include social security and Medicare, is the vast majority of the remaining of us – you’re getting table scraps, and the GOPers want to take even this meager sustenance away.
Just look at the numbers:
We spend $60 billion on social welfare programs, but more than $100 billion on corporate subsidies. Big Oil alone get more than $70 billion in subsidies, with most going to the oil and gas sector. Yeah, we certainly can’t afford to deprive Exxon of its record profits just to give money to needy kids.
Corporations are given $58 billion a year in tax breaks for “deferred” taxes for off shore profits. Yep. Sure want to encourage US companies to hide profits off-shore. Can you say “job creators?”
Mega rich leaches make the majority of their money in the form of dividends and capital gains, which are taxed at only 15%. This allows them to avoid some $59 billion in taxes per year.
Hedge fund managers avoid at least $2.1 billion in taxes a year. This sweet deal – not available to the any of us – it lets hedge fund managers and other selected fat cats take what amounts to ordinary wages and have them taxed as if they were capital gains. We wouldn’t want to deprive millionaire and billionaire hedge fund managers of their windfall just to help a lot of old useless geezers.
Then there’s the $700 billion bank bailout – to rescue banks from problems they themselves created.
You wanna talk about welfare, about your welfare kings and queens. It doesn’t get any more obscenely selfish and opportunistic than this. And what about the mother of all welfare programs, how about $9 trillion loaned at below market rates – some of it as low as .5%. Here again, this money disappeared into the money vaults of the select few, rather than benefiting the common good. And here again, we could have insisted that public money be used to serve the public good but the GOPer’s filibustering took care of that. Instead, it was given as white-collar welfare – a freebie to the “real” welfare kings and queens – the financial sector and the fat cats they serve.
To the extent conservatives acknowledge these facts, they justify it with a neo-Reaganomics logic that the wealthy and the corporations who receive this largess are the “job creators.”
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#6338 Apr 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, I think you're finally figuring it out. Businesses and corporations don't give people a job because it's their civic duty. They hire people to work in their business doing work they can't do themselves.
The problem conservatives and liberals have understanding each other is their outlook on what our country is. To conservatives, we are a country of individuals who are blessed with the free will to choose our path in life. To liberals, our country is one giant commune.
In a commune, everybody puts their fruits and vegetables in the middle of the room and others take regardless if they contributed or not. In an individual world, you keep the vegetables and fruits you worked hard to gather. Then, if you see some pour soul who is incapable of fending for themselves, you offer on your own free will some of what you reaped. It's not forcibly taken from you in the name of charity.
There were times when I was younger when I didn't have enough money. But I didn't complain that the rich should give me some of theirs. I worked more hours if need be. There were many times in my younger day when I worked several jobs. People (especially younger ones) don't have that kind of attitude today. They won't learn a trade or try to get a higher education. Damn it. I want to screw nuts onto bolts, and I want to make an upper-middle-class living by doing that job, and somebody better make that happen!
Lastly, the difference between a corporation taking a tax break and somebody abusing our social programs is that the corporation does society good. You can't give them anything. All you can do is take less of what they give you. My taxes don't go up and my country go into severe debt over corporations. We do go into debt by handouts and social programs.
If you really do believe in individualism son, you shouldn't believe in America....

... or nations for that matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 8 min serfs up 91
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 11 min Julia 10,906
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 2 hr Squach 19
Opinion Line 3 hr woodtick57 123
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) 12 hr Here Is One 105
Katy Burns: Locked and loaded - " and only 9 ye... 19 hr Here Is One 2
One year after concealed carry, Chicago homicid... 19 hr Here Is One 1
•••

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••