Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7573 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5809 Mar 8, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
I often criticize liberals for being weak and not fighting back, and liberal leaders when they deserve it.
Your assumption is completely wrong whether you based it on one comment, or just a few.
HOWEVER, it IS the Republicans in Congress who are trying to kill us off by cutting programs designed to save us, keep us fed, keep us in our homes, etc. YEAR AFTER YEAR, so they ARE evil.
It’s the liberals who fight for our survival, trying to push through bills, giving speeches day after day, year after year.
It’s that never-ending battle between good and evil which forces people to pick a side.
You know, had you attended a school outside of public education, you would realize that's not what our federal government is for. In fact, it currently is the exact opposite of what our founders wanted.

All these programs that are "saving our lives" are ruining our country. Which is better?

You surprise me. Being a conspiracy guy and all, you should realize that it's the Democrats that want as many Americans dependent on government as possible. The more government dependents, the more Democrat voters. It's a more complex way to have servitude without actually calling it slavery.

Now we have a society where the non-working lazy eat better than many working Americans, have larger families than many working Americans, have better healthcare for their family than many working Americans, even childcare that many working Americans can't afford.

The Republicans only want a more level playing field. Or can you explain the justice in working Americans having less than good for nothing lazy Americans?

“Censorship: A liberal tool”

Since: Aug 09

South-West Philly

#5811 Mar 9, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. The only "hate" I've seen diplayed on here,on TV or even on the streets has been from Obama's taxpayer funded voters. Truth? Obama scared the SH!T outta those people with the lies that Romney/GOP was going to end all welfare. THATS the cold hard truth. OBAMA was the fearmonger that rallied his government dependent supporters to vote for him. What are they going to do when they realize America is too BROKE for Obama to give them free sh1t much longer.
And scared seniors with threats of GOP taking away their SS and Medicaid.

And scared unions with threats of GOP taking away their union cards.

And scared teachers with threats of GOP taking away their funding (salary and pension)

And scared gays with threats of GOP taking away their "marriage rights".

And scared Mexicans with threats of GOP taking away their "undocumented" status.

And scared loose women with threats of GOP taking away their "right to choose"

And scared young adults with threats of GOP taking away their health insurance that they get through their PARENTS employers.

And I could literally go on and on.

South-West Philly

#5812 Mar 9, 2013
BoBo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! and most of the bull shit stories come from the NRA and the gun makers so they can make big bucks from fear. It is your money BLOW IT!
"Colorado Democrats advance sweeping gun control proposals"

"Senate Committee Passes First Of 4 Gun Control Bills"

"Durbin talks gun control strategy in Chicago"

"Washington Times
Pelosi Hoping for 'Boldest Common Denominator' on Gun Control"

"Gun-control bill goes before House committee Wednesday"

These headlines were on the first page of a Google search for "gun control". Surely they aren't ALL made up by the NRA and the gun makers!

It is your credibility BLOW IT!

South-West Philly

#5813 Mar 9, 2013
Ratliff wrote:
The ONLY ethnic group where Romney lead was white men. "Republicans have won the white vote in every presidential election since 1964, and that continued Tuesday with Romney beating Obama by 20 points, 59 percent to 39 percent, according to exit polls. Obama won 80 percent of the minority vote, which, besides Latinos, included African Americans, 13 percent of turnout, the same as 2008, and Asian-Americans, who were 3 percent of the vote...
I know this isn't a very popular thing to say but: If white men are doing it, maybe you should consider doing it also.

After all:

White men founded this country.
White men built this country.
White men established the system of government that allows everyone else the right to participate.
White men designed the machine you're using to access the internet.
White men are responsible for 98% of the things that make your life comfortable.
White men are the reason you have the freedom you enjoy.

Maybe its time everyone started appreciating the WHITE MAN a little more.

Maybe if a few more "ethnic" groups voted with the WHITE MAN, we'd halt this slow ride to nowhere.

P.S. If the black man would quit blindly voting for the (Democratic)party that enslaved him and fought against his civil rights for so long, he'd find himself voting just like the WHITE MAN.

South-West Philly

#5814 Mar 9, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I know a guy who has so much ammo he could shoot his gun every second for 10 years and not get rid of all ammo..THAT IS NUTS....If we would live in a world were everyday citizen would need to shoot that much daily that is a world I would rather just die and not see..
That's 315,360,000 rounds. "Just another guy" forgot to multiply by 24 hrs in a day.

South-West Philly

#5815 Mar 9, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
I often criticize liberals for being weak and not fighting back, and liberal leaders when they deserve it.
Your assumption is completely wrong whether you based it on one comment, or just a few.
HOWEVER, it IS the Republicans in Congress who are trying to kill us off by cutting programs designed to save us, keep us fed, keep us in our homes, etc. YEAR AFTER YEAR, so they ARE evil.
It’s the liberals who fight for our survival, trying to push through bills, giving speeches day after day, year after year.
It’s that never-ending battle between good and evil which forces people to pick a side. It’s simple-minded idiots who miss that, and it’s evil people who reject the idea of good and evil, making excuses for evil deeds and people.
The Elite are ego-maniacal and think they can get away with anything, but they skroo up everything, and are very much afraid of the idiot masses waking up and demanding that the Fed stockholders be prosecuted for treason.
(next post)
So in your mind there's no room for alternative theories?

Is it possible the liberals fought so hard for Obamacare so that the pharmaceutical, health insurance and medical industries could all get paid?
And is it possible the liberals fight to keep us in our homes so that the mortgage companies can get paid with tax dollars?
Is it possible liberals aren't fighting for poor people, but instead are fighting for all the agencies and industries that benefit by the poor having money to blow?
Who does the minimum wage really benefit? Is it possible it benefits large corporations by pricing the competition out of the labor market?
If liberals are really fighting for our survival, how can they spend tens of millions to get elected yet leave office richer than ever? How can they afford to spend those millions every four years and just keep getting richer and richer? The job just don't pay that much.
Think about it.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5816 Mar 9, 2013
theotherredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this isn't a very popular thing to say but: If white men are doing it, maybe you should consider doing it also.
After all:
White men founded this country.
White men built this country.
White men established the system of government that allows everyone else the right to participate.
White men designed the machine you're using to access the internet.
White men are responsible for 98% of the things that make your life comfortable.
White men are the reason you have the freedom you enjoy.
Maybe its time everyone started appreciating the WHITE MAN a little more.
Maybe if a few more "ethnic" groups voted with the WHITE MAN, we'd halt this slow ride to nowhere.
P.S. If the black man would quit blindly voting for the (Democratic)party that enslaved him and fought against his civil rights for so long, he'd find himself voting just like the WHITE MAN.
How about voting based on the candidates position on the issues instead of doing so based on the color of someones skin. Period.

South-West Philly

#5817 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
How about voting based on the candidates position on the issues instead of doing so based on the color of someones skin. Period.

I'm sick of people disrespecting me BECAUSE I'm a white male.

This has nothing to do with the color of the candidate. I responded to a post accusing ME of voting a certain way because of MY skin color.

I've decided to quit arguing and just go with it.

Yeah, I vote a certain way because I'm a WHITE MALE. That certain way is called "the right way".

Get with the program women, blacks, yellows, reds, gays, commies, Nazi's, Muslims, Jews, retards, cripples and seniors--unless you're a WHITE MALE, you don't know how to vote.

Southeast Virginia

#5818 Mar 9, 2013
theotherredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of people disrespecting me BECAUSE I'm a white male.
This has nothing to do with the color of the candidate. I responded to a post accusing ME of voting a certain way because of MY skin color.
I've decided to quit arguing and just go with it.
Yeah, I vote a certain way because I'm a WHITE MALE. That certain way is called "the right way".
Get with the program women, blacks, yellows, reds, gays, commies, Nazi's, Muslims, Jews, retards, cripples and seniors--unless you're a WHITE MALE, you don't know how to vote.
So you are a racist. OK. Got it.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#5819 Mar 9, 2013
Gun Control Works
&fe ature=player_embedded
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5820 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a veteran, I think you know that the only way to fight fire is with fire. I didn't want to get involved in race talk here, but I have to point out that DumBama got 90 some percent of the black vote. Okay, he's a Democrat. Most blacks do vote for Democrats. But that doesn't explain how he got 90 some percent of the black vote in the primary with Hillary Clinton.

It's clear who was the better choice and had more experience. Hillary spent 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White house albeit her husband was actually the President. But we all know they work as a team.

We have to face facts here. Blacks will stick together against whites no matter what. Yet, if a white person says they will only vote for a white person, he or she is considered a racist. Why not the other way around?

Powell threw his so-called friend (McCain) under the bus not only to support a candidate from the other party, but the black candidate from the other party. LeBron James threw his support behind DumBama too simply because he was black. Oprah who seldom supported any politician went all out to get DumBama elected. It even cost her her long-time television show because her white audience realized that she was no different than any other black person.

So if we are to say that a white person is a racist because they only vote for white candidates, then can't we say that most blacks are racist because that's what they do too?

Southeast Virginia

#5821 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a veteran, I think you know that the only way to fight fire is with fire. I didn't want to get involved in race talk here, but I have to point out that DumBama got 90 some percent of the black vote. Okay, he's a Democrat. Most blacks do vote for Democrats. But that doesn't explain how he got 90 some percent of the black vote in the primary with Hillary Clinton.
It's clear who was the better choice and had more experience. Hillary spent 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White house albeit her husband was actually the President. But we all know they work as a team.
We have to face facts here. Blacks will stick together against whites no matter what. Yet, if a white person says they will only vote for a white person, he or she is considered a racist. Why not the other way around?
Powell threw his so-called friend (McCain) under the bus not only to support a candidate from the other party, but the black candidate from the other party. LeBron James threw his support behind DumBama too simply because he was black. Oprah who seldom supported any politician went all out to get DumBama elected. It even cost her her long-time television show because her white audience realized that she was no different than any other black person.
So if we are to say that a white person is a racist because they only vote for white candidates, then can't we say that most blacks are racist because that's what they do too?
Yep, sure can.....if they are basing their vote strictly on skin color.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5822 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Since you are a veteran, I think you know that the only way to fight fire is with fire. I didn't want to get involved in race talk here, but I have to point out that DumBama got 90 some percent of the black vote. Okay, he's a Democrat. Most blacks do vote for Democrats. But that doesn't explain how he got 90 some percent of the black vote in the primary with Hillary Clinton.

Truth hurts.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5823 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, sure can.....if they are basing their vote strictly on skin color.
What else would they be basing their vote on? DumBama's extensive experience with economic conditions and government leadership? Of course they voted him in because of skin color. Hell, unemployment with blacks is twice the rate of whites, and they reelected the clown.

Since that is how the game is played, then I don't think it's all that bad for whites to show the same solidarity with our people as blacks do for theirs. What's good for the goose..........

South-West Philly

#5825 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would they be basing their vote on? DumBama's extensive experience with economic conditions and government leadership? Of course they voted him in because of skin color. Hell, unemployment with blacks is twice the rate of whites, and they reelected the clown.
Since that is how the game is played, then I don't think it's all that bad for whites to show the same solidarity with our people as blacks do for theirs. What's good for the goose..........
The thing is whites are and always have been a huge majority in the US. If whites strictly voted for whites, blacks only voted for blacks, Asians only voted for Asians, ETC.; whites would be the only candidates to ever hold office. While plenty of people would be just fine with that(white, black and other), I imagine at least a few blacks would find that pretty friekin' objectionable.

If the situation were reversed--a white minority in a predominately black country--most whites would vote for the white candidate simply because of his whiteness. Especially if he was the very first white guy to be nominated after 200+ years of one black guy after another. That's not simply racism, that's human nature.

As far as blacks' history of blind loyalty to the Democratic party--that's plain ol' fashioned stupidity. The Democrats have always been open and honest about their anti-black agenda, from the days of defending their right to enslave blacks, through their rabid and sometimes violent opposition to The Civil Rights Movement, right on up to their current strategy of oppression through the welfare state, the Democratic party has made their contempt for the blacks crystal clear. Yet black people keep giving them their vote in exchange for a few crumbs from the Democrat buffet.

I've been called a racist for nothing more than stating the truth as I see it. Yet I have never in my life done anything to harm or hold back anyone because of their color.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5826 Mar 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Just who is going to pay for these "programs" you speak of? Who are the "Elite". Get away with what?
You've got to be kidding.
You need to take a political science class, or at least start educating yourself.
I am glad you are interested. Republicans, T(Treason) Party psychos don't ask because they don't want to hear the truth. They just keep spreading their manure, knowing that there are enough idiots who will believe other idiots.
Check out the links about the Elite (Rothschilds and other stockholders of the Federal Reserve Corp., and others who are pushing for the New World Order).

Prepare to be shocked and have your world turned upside-down.
We've all been completely deceived, and Republicans love it that way.

(next post)

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5827 Mar 9, 2013
Republican Civil War updates
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TQJSH1LCHQCJN6N...
US News
gene the dancing machine

Birmingham, AL

#5828 Mar 9, 2013
sandy hill had zero tolerence too.
but its ok for two men to marry
and pass out condoms
there are pure idiots teaching children in public school

South-West Philly

#5829 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir. You have in no way whatsoever "got it".

Feel free to keep trying though, it'd be neat if someone like you finally were to "get it".

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5830 Mar 10, 2013
Protester wrote:
Republican Civil War updates
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TQJSH1LCHQCJN6N...
US News
Yup, it’s on Topix so it must be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... Sun Slit354 3
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... (Jun '16) Sun Moanz8838 2,495
My self defense method Dec 3 justice 10
News Ban shooting in and around subdivisions Dec 3 duzitreallymatter 1
News St. Louis Alderwoman Introduces 'Assault Weapon... Nov 19 duzitreallymatter 1
News The power and glory of the comma Nov 15 Flintstonegeek 1
News President Obama Continues Early Release of Arme... Nov 13 tome 1
More from around the web