Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5645 Feb 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the most important par of your post: Updated on October 21, 2008
My story was from November of 2010. Nice try though.
Then it's a good thing the RNC problem was in 2012, right?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5646 Feb 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Hey! I'm sure you can work a poll "half and half" as long as you close them before people can vote.
I don't see the issue with your scenario. But that's for avoiding the point completely instead!
I addressed your point. Your point (so it seems) is that polls closing early and not having accommodations for the elderly mostly or only affected Democrat voters. I say if anything, it's quite the opposite. Republicans are more likely to vote later since most of them have jobs compared to the non-working social program sucking Democrats who can vote anytime they desire.

What I would really like to see is your information to these claims. I want to know how many potential Democrat voters were turned away because they didn't accommodate the elderly.

Every single election, there are problems. You can't have millions of people voting without problems. For instance: a few years ago, I went to my polling place to vote. As usual, I go just before closing because by then, the place is empty. But that one election, I was greeted with a sign that stated the voting booths were moved to another location. This is because there was a teachers strike, and the UNION morons who set up the voting tables wouldn't enter the school. I didn't get to vote that election. I made no big deal about it because as I stated, no election goes without problems.

Did I call the papers and news organizations claiming there was a conspiracy of some kind? No. Because as I stated, elections come with problems. Democrats on the other hand would make all sorts of claims. They look for these problems and say that it's a conspiracy of some kind, even though all places of voting have equal Democrat and Republican workers.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5647 Feb 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then it's a good thing the RNC problem was in 2012, right?
Your reply makes absolutely no sense to my comment--as usual.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#5648 Feb 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the most important par of your post: Updated on October 21, 2008
My story was from November of 2010. Nice try though.
I know, it was false then and it is false now ...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5649 Feb 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply makes absolutely no sense to my comment--as usual.
Ah! I guess when you have linear, one dimensional thinking, you can't see the same correlation you made.

But that's ok. I'm sure you can ask one of your brethren to explain it in a more appealing manner.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5650 Feb 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! I guess when you have linear, one dimensional thinking, you can't see the same correlation you made.
But that's ok. I'm sure you can ask one of your brethren to explain it in a more appealing manner.
Non-sensical posts or replies cannot be explained.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5651 Feb 27, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
It is, huh? Very well, then show me more recent evidence that the Fox report was incorrect. I researched it myself and found it to be accurate.

The Factcheck report was true at the time. But FactCheck doesn't update their material--especially when it makes the left look bad.

That's the way it works in debates. You make a claim, and if I disagree, I provide proof of my claim. If you disagree with my claim, you find evidence that disproves my claim. If it's false now, then by all means, I will examine any credible evidence you have to provide.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#5652 Feb 27, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. You lack the intelligence to understand information presented to you.
Exactly
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5653 Feb 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-sensical posts or replies cannot be explained.
lol! As I said, you have linear, one dimensional thinking.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5654 Feb 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It is, huh? Very well, then show me more recent evidence that the Fox report was incorrect. I researched it myself and found it to be accurate.
The Factcheck report was true at the time. But FactCheck doesn't update their material--especially when it makes the left look bad.
That's the way it works in debates. You make a claim, and if I disagree, I provide proof of my claim. If you disagree with my claim, you find evidence that disproves my claim. If it's false now, then by all means, I will examine any credible evidence you have to provide.
At least we know the RNC is guilty.

Heck, even the RNC knows!

Don't Tread On Me

#5655 Feb 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>At least we know the RNC is guilty.
Heck, even the RNC knows!
The RNC and the DNC could switch hats and the outcome would be the same.

We have a one party system with two names.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5656 Feb 27, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The RNC and the DNC could switch hats and the outcome would be the same.
We have a one party system with two names.
Actually, the RNC is closer to a three party system in and of itself.... the old guard GOP (Boehner boys), the new guard (the tea party who are the most selfish of the lot) and the libertarians (think Ron Paul).

None are able to stand on their own, which accounts for their diverse and chaotic stance on nearly everything they talk about. And with such division within their ranks, they can't come to a cohesive conclusion on anything.

Don't Tread On Me

#5657 Feb 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the RNC is closer to a three party system in and of itself.... the old guard GOP (Boehner boys), the new guard (the tea party who are the most selfish of the lot) and the libertarians (think Ron Paul).
None are able to stand on their own, which accounts for their diverse and chaotic stance on nearly everything they talk about. And with such division within their ranks, they can't come to a cohesive conclusion on anything.
When I think of a conservative President Harry , giv'em hell , Truman comes to mind.

This was back in the day when Democrats were allowed to think for themselves and a diverse group was their strength.

I look forward to this in the Republicans.

I think the tea party will , in the future , be looked back upon as a catalyst for needed change.

I think nothing is worse in a party then independent thinkers thinking alike.

Ron Paul is leaving office and they only made one of him.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Fruitport, MI

#5658 Feb 27, 2013
Here's a history lesson in why the 2A is essential to protect innocent lives.

Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

The link below shows why American citizens CANNOT be disarmed. It's physically impossible in an industrialized 1st-world nation like the US. Guns are FAR too easy to make, and require very little in the way of tooling, skills, and materials. They can't even accomplish it in Brazil.

http://improguns.blogspot.com/

If guns are made illegal, then the streets will be flooded with smuggled-in and home-made fully-automatic weapons like sub-machineguns and machine-pistols. Making a Sten-type/style sub-machinegun is extremely easy to do with only very modest and common tools and skills.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5659 Feb 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What a cheep shot (what else would we expect). Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with voter fraud!!!!! ACORN was found not guilty of all charges made by the right-wing hatched men!!! The only thing ACORN is, or was, guilty of is the fact that they were the largest most successful national anti-poverty organization in America.
Your October 18 source on Factcheck. Don’t deny, you changed a couple of words but direct from them is
“Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes”

Learn to provide links.

Fast forward to November 2010.

18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/ac...
http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/23/the-voter-f...

Move to 2012 and the numbers increase

A total of 70 ACORN employees in 12 states have been convicted of voter registration fraud. As documented in a July 2009 report by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, of the 1.3 million registrations Project Vote/ACORN submitted in the 2008 election cycle, more than one-third were invalid. Source: http://marketwire.denverpost.com/client/denve...

Who is we?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5660 Feb 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely false, FAUX News is your source – how sad!!! What you’re attempting to do is nothing more than right-wingnuz pants wetting!!!
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/acorn-accusa...
From a 2008 source, they had not been convicted yet.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5661 Feb 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed your point. Your point (so it seems) is that polls closing early and not having accommodations for the elderly mostly or only affected Democrat voters. I say if anything, it's quite the opposite. Republicans are more likely to vote later since most of them have jobs compared to the non-working social program sucking Democrats who can vote anytime they desire.
What I would really like to see is your information to these claims. I want to know how many potential Democrat voters were turned away because they didn't accommodate the elderly.
Every single election, there are problems. You can't have millions of people voting without problems. For instance: a few years ago, I went to my polling place to vote. As usual, I go just before closing because by then, the place is empty. But that one election, I was greeted with a sign that stated the voting booths were moved to another location. This is because there was a teachers strike, and the UNION morons who set up the voting tables wouldn't enter the school. I didn't get to vote that election. I made no big deal about it because as I stated, no election goes without problems.
Did I call the papers and news organizations claiming there was a conspiracy of some kind? No. Because as I stated, elections come with problems. Democrats on the other hand would make all sorts of claims. They look for these problems and say that it's a conspiracy of some kind, even though all places of voting have equal Democrat and Republican workers.
What’s interesting is we’ve not always had early voting. Now if the early voting period is too short it’s racists and only impacts the Democrat vote.

We’re going through grief here in Florida. Early voting lasted more than a week. We had long lines, none the less I cast my vote. The first Saturday lines wrapped around the building. I drove by several times that day and decided to show up early Sunday morning. Got there at 6:30, only had about a dozen people ahead of me. Was gone by 7:10, polls opened at 7.

Maybe Democrats are unable to get up early.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5662 Feb 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are fact proof. That would make you willfully ignorant.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5663 Feb 28, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your October 18 source on Factcheck. Don’t deny, you changed a couple of words but direct from them is
“Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes”
Learn to provide links.
Fast forward to November 2010.
18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/ac...
http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/23/the-voter-f...
Move to 2012 and the numbers increase
A total of 70 ACORN employees in 12 states have been convicted of voter registration fraud. As documented in a July 2009 report by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, of the 1.3 million registrations Project Vote/ACORN submitted in the 2008 election cycle, more than one-third were invalid. Source: http://marketwire.denverpost.com/client/denve...
Who is we?
And ^THAT^ is what is known as a SMACK-DOWN! Excellent post, EC.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5664 Feb 28, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s interesting is we’ve not always had early voting. Now if the early voting period is too short it’s racists and only impacts the Democrat vote.
We’re going through grief here in Florida. Early voting lasted more than a week. We had long lines, none the less I cast my vote. The first Saturday lines wrapped around the building. I drove by several times that day and decided to show up early Sunday morning. Got there at 6:30, only had about a dozen people ahead of me. Was gone by 7:10, polls opened at 7.
Maybe Democrats are unable to get up early.
Long lines are racist!!!
/sarcasm alert/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another School Shooting-But Who's Counting? 2 hr javawhey 6
News Cities and states take the lead on banning bump... 2 hr Simplejim 300
News Lots of talk, little action in Congress after s... 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 78
News Jimmy Kimmel Blames Trump, GOP After School Sho... Fri FormerParatrooper 1
News Dead Not Counted Before Liberals Started Lying ... Fri Shelly Bl 1
News Remington seeks to restructure debt so it can o... Feb 12 sick of winning 1
News After Las Vegas massacre, Congress has failed t... Feb 12 Watchdog 1
More from around the web