Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments
3,361 - 3,380 of 7,571 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2013
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I think Limbaugh had a lot to do with the election....FART,BLAH,FART.... ..
And as you've repeatedly been told dumb liberal, NOBODY cares what you think, just like in your real life you're irrelevant.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Every one of those jobs are a negative for the economy because the money comes from taxation and that means less money in circulation.
A private employer creates jobs from profit and the money creates demand and profit fueling more jobs.
Obama is sucking the life out of the economy and bloating the government with more worthless bureaucrats who create more regulation that burdens the private sector.
I was being facetious, you're preaching to the choir.

Obama spent a year and close to a billion dollars to get re elected, yet in his speech Monday he didn't even mention jobs. AGW, gay rights, immigration, etc. no job plans.

liberals and Obama ade slurpers are soooooooooo stupid.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
So are whites. You liked those democratic "Jim Crow" laws of the 1800's didn't you...?
I wasn't around in the 1800's, were you?
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news for you. Insurance premiums go up all the time. That's not the point. The point is that Rush Limbaugh is LYING when he tells you that Sandra Fluke is trying to TAKE something from YOU. She pays her own insurance premiums, just as you pay yours. Again, when Rush tells you that Sandra Fluke is asking you, or me, or any other taxpayer for a handout, he is LYING. He knows that you didn't watch Fluke's testimony. That's why he feels confident that you will believe his lies about the testimony. And you have proven him right.
Both Rush Limbaugh and I are lauging at you. But for different reasons.
Fluke the jew was trying to make a Catholic University change their policies to suit her needs. And she most certainly was squawking to force others to do things her way, including forcing unwilling insurers to include birth control. She lied as well, contraception is actually quite inexpensive.

Actually I would like to see all Obama supporters receive free birth control pills and abortions.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble, xxx, but I DO listen to Limbaugh's show on my lunch hour. Not everyday, but pretty often. And he did say that Sandra Fluke is a "slut" who wants the taxpayers to pay for her to have sex. I heard him myself, so stop trying to kid me. You know what else I heard him say about Fluke during that same period? He said that if she wants him to pay for her birth control, she should post videos of herself having sex on the internet. That's the kind of lying, creepy pervert you are defending. And he was a major factor in your side losing the election. It's bad enough that he lives in the gutter, but he's dragging guys like you, and your candidates, down there with him.
Now you're lying, you have no evidence, no facts to prove your idiotic claim that Rush's comments caused anything regarding the election, solely your silly opinion.
It's my OPINION we now have to many welfare mooching fleabaggers with their hands out for government largesse and that's why Obumbles was re elected.

How about no job, no vote?
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I think Limbaugh had a lot to do with the election. And for that, I thank him from the bottom of my heart. You may be right that his regular listeners didn't change their minds about who to vote for.(and they probably never will. They don't proudly call themeslves "dittoheads" for nothing.)
But there are a lot of people in this country who sometimes vote for Democrats,and sometimes vote for Republicans. They are called "the middle". Most voters are not nearly as idealogical as you or me. They can go either way, depending on their perceptions in the months leading up to the election.
Rush often brags about how his show is the most listened to radio show in America. I think that's true. Fox News boasts that they are the most watched cable news network in America. I think that is true too. So here is my question: Where is their influence? Both Rush and Fox News advocated strongly for Romney, and constantly attacked Obama. Neither Rush nor Fox told any Republican voters to stay home.
My point is that if Rush or Fox really had the influence they think they have, then NO DEMOCRAT would ever get elected in this country. But consider this: In the last 20 years, we have had 7 presidential elections. In 5 out of those 7, the Democratic candidate has received more popular votes than the Republican candidate. Why? I think it is because the center tends to side with Democrats.
And I think in this last election cycle, Rush really screwed the GOP. He calls himself the "de facto leader of the Republican party". He says that Republican policy makers follow his lead.
So here is the problem. Rush is an uneducated, drug addited, draft-dodging pervert, whose only qualification is that he has a big mouth. And moderate people see him for what he is, and identify him with the Republican Party. I think that was an important component in the last election.
Rush is filthy rich, has a smoking ass hot wife, is famous and has millions of listeners, what do you have?

Ed Shultz?
rush sucks

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

and he is a pill shopper\popper...

he was rejected by the american people same way mittens was..too bad ....too sad

you all can watch for the black helicopters to take our guns away...

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
And as you've repeatedly been told dumb liberal, NOBODY cares what you think, just like in your real life you're irrelevant.
Yes, you have repeatedly told me all this. Have you noticed that I haven't really paid much attention to your profound statements, no matter how many times your repeat them? I mean you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over. Do you really think that suddenly, after reading the same post from you for the 812th time, I'm going to suddenly believe you?

What a sad, angry, stupid little person you are.

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush is filthy rich, has a smoking ass hot wife, is famous and has millions of listeners
What?! Rush is rich? His wife is hot? He's famous? He has millions of listeners? Well, why the hell didn't someone tell me that before? From now on, I'm voting Republican!

The simple-minded stupidity of the right winger. You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're lying, you have no evidence, no facts to prove your idiotic claim that Rush's comments caused anything regarding the election, solely your silly opinion.
It's my OPINION we now have to many welfare mooching fleabaggers with their hands out for government largesse and that's why Obumbles was re elected.
How about no job, no vote?
Well, maybe you're right. It is my opinion. But I know a lot of people who find Rush really repulsive, and that can't be good for the GOP.

And it may be your opinion that we have too manyh welfare mooching, etc. but you didn't get that opinion from any real study or research. You got that opinion from listening to Limbaugh and other "experts" within the right wing propaganda machine.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

rush sucks wrote:
he was rejected by the american people same way mittens was..too bad ....too sad
Rejected..........ROTFLMAO

show us any liberal in broadcasting that has half as many listeners.......
still president

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejected..........ROTFLMAO
show us any liberal in broadcasting that has half as many listeners.......
number of listeners does not mean a thing....he is blamed by many
for showing how stupid his ideas are...he had no influence..tried to...he is a race baiter...knows a lot about football...but not enough of what america is made of...I turn him off...

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

still president wrote:
<quoted text>
for showing how stupid his ideas are...he had no influence..tried to...he is a race baiter...knows a lot about football...but not enough of what america is made of...I turn him off...
I am amazed at how often I hear right wingers try to win arguments by pointing out how many listeners Limbaugh has. The same right wingers must think that since MacDonald's sells more hamburgers than anyone else, then MacDonald hamburgers are the best food you can eat.

Logic and critical thinking skills are not big with right wingers.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

still president wrote:
<quoted text>
Change the subject I see..........

This what your claim was..........LOL
.rush sucks wrote:

You claim he was rejected by America.........

I said show me a liberal in broadcasting that has a larger following........

Looks like he was not rejected his numbers grow everyday.....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I am amazed at how often I hear right wingers try to win arguments by pointing out how many listeners Limbaugh has. The same right wingers must think that since MacDonald's sells more hamburgers than anyone else, then MacDonald hamburgers are the best food you can eat.
The numbers of hamburgers or listeners does not identify quality..........

The numbers identify if the product is widely enjoyed or not..........ROTFLMAO

But morons/liberals dont understand facts.....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>What?! Rush is rich? His wife is hot? He's famous? He has millions of listeners? Well, why the hell didn't someone tell me that before? From now on, I'm voting Republican!

The simple-minded stupidity of the right winger. You just can't make this stuff up, folks.
I notice you go off on the smoke and mirrors tangent, and avoid answering the question posed to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Well, maybe you're right. It is my opinion. But I know a lot of people who find Rush really repulsive, and that can't be good for the GOP.

And it may be your opinion that we have too manyh welfare mooching, etc. but you didn't get that opinion from any real study or research. You got that opinion from listening to Limbaugh and other "experts" within the right wing propaganda machine.
Those people are die hard progressives anyway. Are you saying there is a conservative that could change their vote?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>I am amazed at how often I hear right wingers try to win arguments by pointing out how many listeners Limbaugh has. The same right wingers must think that since MacDonald's sells more hamburgers than anyone else, then MacDonald hamburgers are the best food you can eat.

Sorta like facts and logical thinking are not big with left wingers?

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers of hamburgers or listeners does not identify quality..........
The numbers identify if the product is widely enjoyed or not..........ROTFLMAO
But morons/liberals dont understand facts.....
Well, I respect you for admitting that the number of listeners Limbaugh has doesn't prove that his show has quality. That's exactl the argument I was making.

You say that the numbers identify if the product is widely enjoyed. well, that's another matter. I guess the point i try to make to right wingers is that Limbaugh is not nearly as "popular" with the general public as they think he is. Yes, he is the single most listened to talk radio personality in America, but the overwhelming majority of radio listeners choose to listen to something other than Limbaugh.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I respect you for admitting that the number of listeners Limbaugh has doesn't prove that his show has quality. That's exactl the argument I was making.
You say that the numbers identify if the product is widely enjoyed. well, that's another matter. I guess the point i try to make to right wingers is that Limbaugh is not nearly as "popular" with the general public as they think he is. Yes, he is the single most listened to talk radio personality in America, but the overwhelming majority of radio listeners choose to listen to something other than Limbaugh.
Sorry to tell you but you are wrong again..........

If you count the total number of people that listen to talk radio the majority listen to Rush......

Yes many people dont listen to the 100s of conservative talk shows or the tiny few liberal talk shows.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••