All I Want for Christmas Are Guns and Ammunition at Black Friday Prices

Nov 29, 2013 Full story: Breitbart.com 20

Although Black Friday is known for mall parking lots filled to capacity, Wal-Mart lines that stretch for days, and 10 AM traffic that looks a lot like rush hour, don't forget that it's also a day when gun stores sell guns cheap--and ammo to match.

Full Story
Truth

Ocala, FL

#1 Nov 29, 2013
Legal Guns End Thuggery.
Death and life

Ocala, FL

#2 Nov 29, 2013
Legal guns end thuggery!
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 30, 2013
You only need three guns to be ready for TEOTWSWKI.

1. A service pistol like a Colt 1911 .45 auto or a S&W Military and Police 9mm. Or a heavy six shot magnum revolver.

2. A small pistol that you can put in your pocket and carry to the grocery. Something like S&W five show 38 or a small 9mm or .380 ......

3. A shotgun like a Remington 870 or an assault rifle like an AR 15.

With these three weapons you can defend your home and family. Tuck the service pistol in your paints when you go to investigate the bump in the night. Leave the small pistol with your wife. Break out the shotgun when the SHTF......
Politically Incorrect

United States

#4 Nov 30, 2013
I'm gonna go with needing a long range rifle as well
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2013
YES the sniper rifle would be number four. I use a Winchester Mod 70 in .308 ....

The thugs will probably be armed with short range weapons, AK 47s handguns and shotguns. You can knock them off before they get in range.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#9 Nov 30, 2013
Politically Incorrect wrote:
I'm gonna go with needing a long range rifle as well
M1 Garand, in the original .30-06', comes to mind. Ideal for long range multiple shots.
John

Louisville, KY

#10 Nov 30, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
You only need three guns to be ready for TEOTWSWKI.
1. A service pistol like a Colt 1911 .45 auto or a S&W Military and Police 9mm. Or a heavy six shot magnum revolver.
2. A small pistol that you can put in your pocket and carry to the grocery. Something like S&W five show 38 or a small 9mm or .380 ......
3. A shotgun like a Remington 870 or an assault rifle like an AR 15.
With these three weapons you can defend your home and family. Tuck the service pistol in your paints when you go to investigate the bump in the night. Leave the small pistol with your wife. Break out the shotgun when the SHTF......
When SHTF, you will be found hiding under the bed, or calling your gayazz police buddies LMMFAO!!!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#12 Nov 30, 2013
satanlives wrote:
No one pens your pathetic links, tard.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#13 Dec 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
M1 Garand, in the original .30-06', comes to mind. Ideal for long range multiple shots.
My personal experience with the Garand says the weapon is picky about the load it will shoot, but I've only been around a few. I had an AR in .308 but sold it and damn near doubled my money. Weapons chambered for military or NATO ammo may be difficult to feed in years to come. Have you looked at a Kel-Tech PMR yet?.22magnum, 30 rd mags, polymer frame, fiber optic sights, slimmer than a 1911 with roughly the same profile (except for the barrel)- mine is accurate enough to hit a playing card at 50 yards.(also)I suggest avoiding the "short fat magnums", as mag capacity is usually low. The .204 round seems readily available and you can get AR uppers chambered for it. Look into aquiring a night vision scope as well and stock up on/rotate the batteries for it. I've had two, one used lithium and the other used AAs. Also, aquire some type of LBE (Load Bearing Equipment), i.e. something to carry your ammo with that doesn't hamper your movements. Cheap pyrotechnics may come in handy as well, used as a distraction or screening action. We used to shoot bottle rockets at each other when we were kids- crazy. Thoughts?

outdoors

#15 Dec 1, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
YES the sniper rifle would be number four. I use a Winchester Mod 70 in .308 ....
The thugs will probably be armed with short range weapons, AK 47s handguns and shotguns. You can knock them off before they get in range.
According to some LEOs I've talked to, a favorite weapon these days is Kel-Tech's folding Assault-type rifle in .223 with a folding stock. It's actually a pretty good piece and affordable. At least it's American made. An urban environment dictates a different strategy than what you suggest- there is lots of cover and concealed routes- long range shots will be rarer than you might wish. Besides, without uniforms, it'll be difficult to make a judgement call on "shoot or don't shoot" at long range. AKs are a lot rarer as well- think "SKS". Crappy heavy magazines but very dependable rifles..

outdoors

#16 Dec 1, 2013
PS- when considering shotguns, consider one in .20 gauge.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#18 Dec 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
A 20 gauge will do the job but the ammo is harder to find. As for sniper rifles I a scoped Federal Ordinance M14a. It shoots good out to about 6 hundred yards. To really reach out to 800 to 1000 yards a bold action is better.

Guns are just tools, you choose the one that is best for the job.

a 2

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#19 Dec 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>My personal experience with the Garand says the weapon is picky about the load it will shoot, but I've only been around a few. I had an AR in .308 but sold it and damn near doubled my money. Weapons chambered for military or NATO ammo may be difficult to feed in years to come. Have you looked at a Kel-Tech PMR yet?.22magnum, 30 rd mags, polymer frame, fiber optic sights, slimmer than a 1911 with roughly the same profile (except for the barrel)- mine is accurate enough to hit a playing card at 50 yards.(also)I suggest avoiding the "short fat magnums", as mag capacity is usually low. The .204 round seems readily available and you can get AR uppers chambered for it. Look into aquiring a night vision scope as well and stock up on/rotate the batteries for it. I've had two, one used lithium and the other used AAs. Also, aquire some type of LBE (Load Bearing Equipment), i.e. something to carry your ammo with that doesn't hamper your movements. Cheap pyrotechnics may come in handy as well, used as a distraction or screening action. We used to shoot bottle rockets at each other when we were kids- crazy. Thoughts?
Have never had a problem with my Garand(s). They have always functioned flawlessly. And chew up all kinds of .30-06' ammo thrown at it. Mainly use military surplus through them. Including AP, tracer, incendiary, etc. But have put some standard commercial loads down the pipe as well.

The reason to stick with military caliber equipment. Is that when SHTF you'll be able to utilize ammo. parts & mags. from the fallen. Both police and military use the AR platform.

If your weapon goes down, just when you need it most. Than you are definitely SOL. Unless you can readily repair it with available parts.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#20 Dec 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
See above post. Always stick with what will be most readily available if SHTF.

outdoors

#21 Dec 1, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
<quoted text>
A 20 gauge will do the job but the ammo is harder to find. As for sniper rifles I a scoped Federal Ordinance M14a. It shoots good out to about 6 hundred yards. To really reach out to 800 to 1000 yards a bold action is better.
Guns are just tools, you choose the one that is best for the job.
a 2
Good advice, from you AND Mr 2nd. I like my Ruger Scout (.308). Stacks the shots.

outdoors

#22 Dec 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
See above post. Always stick with what will be most readily available if SHTF.
Add a 10-22 to your wishlist. I have two.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#23 Dec 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Add a 10-22 to your wishlist. I have two.
Agreed. They are excellent rifles.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#24 Dec 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Good advice, from you AND Mr 2nd. I like my Ruger Scout (.308). Stacks the shots.
Love my Ruger GS Scout.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#25 Dec 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. They are excellent rifles.
That was good advice about sticking with military calibers. Without ammo all you got is an expensive club.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#26 Dec 1, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good advice about sticking with military calibers. Without ammo all you got is an expensive club.
Thanks. It was something that was drilled into me long ago. ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD, and take into account ANY and ALL possibilities that may arise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr Professor of Math... 12,100
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot 12 hr Independent1 9
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4
More from around the web