M1 Garand vs. Arisaka

Dec 5, 2013 Full story: Guns and Ammo 12

That the Pacific Theatre of World War II was a harsh testing ground for both men and materiel is certainly an understatement.

Full Story
Satanlives

Miami, FL

#1 Dec 5, 2013
Guns are scary! I can't get one because of all those drug bust..... But they're scarier because of that fact!!! I have a "Love Gun" I shoot all the time. I shoot it at negros who roam the neighborhood here in upstate NY. Oooooow, there goes one now. Let me show him my version of the "Knockout Game". It's impressive!
semper fi

Evansville, IN

#3 Dec 9, 2013
M1 garand all day. Battle proven big bore! Great gun
Yohoho

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 12, 2013
I'll pass. .308 is more manageable and I can get that in an AK format in semi auto.
semper fi

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Yohoho wrote:
I'll pass..308 is more manageable and I can get that in an AK format in semi auto.
I prefer my m1a in 308, but that wasn't a choice
Yohoho

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 12, 2013
semper fi wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer my m1a in 308, but that wasn't a choice
Sure why not? Some were rechambered to accept .308.

I just don't like that weird pinging noise is all. I'd prefer something more modern.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#9 Dec 13, 2013
semper fi wrote:
M1 garand all day. Battle proven big bore! Great gun
Yup! And that mil-surp .30-06' is still relatively easy to find at good prices.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 14, 2013
Yohoho wrote:
<quoted text>Sure why not? Some were rechambered to accept .308.

I just don't like that weird pinging noise is all. I'd prefer something more modern.
That 'weird pinging noise' is an audible indication that the last round in your clip has been ejected and your weapon is empty.

It is very important to know that in the heat of battle when you're a little too busy to be counting rounds. That weird noise as you call it has saved many an infantryman's life.

Since: Aug 13

Winter Park, FL

#11 Dec 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
That 'weird pinging noise' is an audible indication that the last round in your clip has been ejected and your weapon is empty.
It is very important to know that in the heat of battle when you're a little too busy to be counting rounds. That weird noise as you call it has saved many an infantryman's life.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/499209290...
semper fi

Evansville, IN

#12 Dec 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>That 'weird pinging noise' is an audible indication that the last round in your clip has been ejected and your weapon is empty.

That ping also got alot of grunts killed once the Germans knew that the last doing had been shot

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 14, 2013
semper fi wrote:
<quoted text>
That ping also got alot of grunts killed once the Germans knew that the last doing had been shot
hillbilly's sharing notes...wow..impressive...not much else you losers can share except bull$hit....
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#16 Dec 14, 2013
My vote goes to the M1 Garand as well.

Ashburn, VA

#17 Dec 14, 2013
Get Out wrote:
My vote goes to the M1 Garand as well.
which one are you?

https://imageshack.com/i/6h020910fattylovej

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 54 min dannyBOY lies again 11,479
SAF lawsuit challenges Illinois CCW statute 8 hr Tory II 1
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 9 hr Kentucky-Mitch 361
3 year old shoots AR and survives 12 hr Kentucky-Mitch 15
The Well Armed Woman Program - where the femini... 13 hr Get Out 79
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Thu Explain yourself 13
Florida's 55 Bloomberg Anti-Second Amendment Ma... Oct 21 Squach 8

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE