How the NRA crowd caters to women. Oh, Lord.

May 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Kos

I mostly ignored the NRA meeting last week-insanity burnout is my own excuse, at least until they start erecting golden idols in the shape of AR-15s and placing them in front of courthouses-but others didn't, so here's a minor sociological quandary for you to consider: If you're the kind of gun-obsessed freak that has the pressing need to go hear ... (more)

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
Left Coast Conservative

San Jose, CA

#1 May 8, 2013
This article is indicative of the cultural divide in the country, a divide between traditional values, and newer "coastal values". It is a divide that is widening, I fear.
nope

Santa Fe, NM

#2 May 8, 2013
Left Coast Conservative wrote:
This article is indicative of the cultural divide in the country, a divide between traditional values, and newer "coastal values". It is a divide that is widening, I fear.
it is indicative of how ffin crazy the gun nuts are.
What

Santa Fe, NM

#3 May 8, 2013
Left Coast Conservative wrote:
traditional values are expressed in promoting pink guns and bra holsters for women or in the idea of everybody carrying deadly weapons everywhere? Was your mom a hooker or a gangster?
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#4 May 8, 2013
I know plenty of female shooters, women who refuse to be a victim. Many new women firearm owners are seeking training. Women are more likely to be victimized than men, and being armed with a gun (or pepperspray) is becoming more popular than being raped and killed. My mom knows how to shoot and she does not live in fear, she is empowered. She can't wrestle off a larger attacker/multiple assailants, but she can shoot holes in as many as she has ammo for. In NY, that is now 7+7+7+7+7+7...reload drills are important.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#5 May 8, 2013
Another sinking lie from the left is that fewer people own firearms now than ever...there supposedly just buying more. Right! That's why women are the fastest growing segment of gun owners. That's why there's a 62,000 application back-log for concealed carry permits in blue states like Conneticut. That's why the leftist politicians have resorted to outright lies regarding polling. That's why the NRA has added 1,000,000 new members in a year. That's why ammunition has doubled in price in 6 months....because fewer Americans than ever are arming themselves. Just the media attention surrounding guns proves we are seeing a true phenomenon. Keep lying to yourselves. You will be the laughing stock of history books and you deserve it. Long Live The NRA! Long Live The U.S. Constitution.
FormerParatroope r

Dalton, GA

#6 May 9, 2013
Is there a problem with women being armed? Only for rapists and anyone who assaults women.
The article didn't mention the pink pistol organization, but that is probably because they are a gay group of firearm owners.
The fear of guns is a disorder, it can be overcome with education.
You are

Santa Fe, NM

#7 May 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
off on your own confused tangent. Read the article.
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#8 May 13, 2013
If women can serve on the front lines in combat, then they can certainly handle a defensive firearm. Liberals will try to tell you to just blow on a whistle while you get raped. Liberals will try to convince you that your firearm will more likely be used against you, but the reality is that if you train to be aware of your surroundings and on the use of your firearm, you can refuse to be a victim. Crimson trace has a great video featuring women using their laser sights to bolster training and as an added advantage in many situations such as low light or awkward firing postions. I think it is great that firearms and defense products makers recognize the needs of women and are gearing stuff for them.
August

Belleview, FL

#9 May 13, 2013
The Kos, what a rag! Though it is funny to see people, who have no idea about a subject, try to tear it down through their own ignorance and fear. Of course, liberals have been doing that for a long time now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A 9-year-old girl, a fatal Uzi accident and a r... 1 hr IvoryLovesEbony 2
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 1 hr Juan 104
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 2 hr Squach 10,260
3 year old shoots AR and survives 2 hr Tory II 1
First Grade Primer Wed Cry Ola 2
Texas Gov. Rick Perry Is No Longer Permitted to... Wed Justice Served Well 1
The Darwin Awards Wed Arthur Itis 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••