A new front for gun background checks: the ballot

Apr 28, 2013 Full story: KTIV-TV Sioux City 182

"Iron Man 3" is the heavy-lifter at theaters with a colossal overseas debut that overshadows a sleepy pre-summer weekend at the domestic box office.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#126 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sir,
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#127 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some more PROOF for you:

"Another charge is, that the President has violated the Constitution of the United States in this: that he has disarmed citizens; refused them the privilege, under the Constitution, of bearing arms. Sir, it is true that he has refused traitors the privilege of using arms against the Government of the country. General Lyon, of Missouri, and the gallant Frank Blair, and their associates, did disarm some fifteen hundred rebels at Camp Jackson, near St. Louis; and for that we are told they are violators of the Constitution. What other instance does the Senator from Kentucky remember in which the right to bear arms been refused to any citizen? The President has not only guarantied, by his action, the right to bear arms, but he has invited the patriotic citizens of the United States to bear arms for the only noble purpose for which men can take arms--in defense of the Constitution and liberties of people. Is the right to bear arms in Kentucky so sacred that it may never be violated? Then, why do you not bear arms in defense of the Constitution and liberties of the Republic? There is a right to bear arms that is worth something. Does Kentucky stand upon the right to arms? Why is she not bearing arms upon the battle-field to-day, beside Massachusetts and Indiana and Ohio, and the loyal States? Why does she not insist upon her right to bear arms, when traitors are seeking to tear down the Government under which we live?"

- Senator James H. Lane, of Indiana, July 16, 1861, The Congressional Globe, Pg. 143.(James Henry Lane also known as Jim Lane,(June 22, 1814 – July 11, 1866), served as a United States Senator and as a general who fought for the Union).

Location hidden

#128 May 11, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some more PROOF for you:
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

San Jose, CA.

#129 May 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait...
“The best definition of citizen, according to European writers, which I have been able to find, is a "native or inhabitant of a city vested with its freedom and liberties." The "freedom and liberties," or "privileges and immunities," essential to a citizen, were those I have mentioned; and although the name was original confined to the inhabitant of a city, yet when these principles were diffused among, and conferred on, the inhabitants of the country, they, having the same attributes, took the name. The rights of an American citizen are essentially the same: to elect, be elected, and bear arms in his defence; they are essential, for, divest him of these, and you divest him of his citizenship. He has other essential rights, those of property and personal security under the protection of laws fairly administered; but he has these in common with foreigners, and in some respects with slaves."

- Senator John Holmes, of Maine, Dec. 9, 1820.[Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856. FROM GALES AND BEATON'S ANNALS OF CONGRESS, FROM THEIR REGISTER OF DEBATES; AND FROM THE OFFICIAL REPORTED DEBATES, BY JOHN C RIVES. Pg. 681.(John Holmes (March 14, 1773 – July 7, 1843) was an American politician. He served as a U.S. Representative from Massachusetts and was one of the first two U.S. Senators from Maine).

Location hidden

#130 May 11, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The best definition
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

San Jose, CA.

#132 May 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Here you go, traitor-troll:

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I ask the committee to pause for a moment and to reflect on the character of these prohibitions. What must have been the jealousy of those who deemed it necessary to guard against the abuse of power, by such restrictions, on a Government of limited, defined, and delegated authority? Under what pretence could Congress dare to interfere with affairs of religion--with the freedom of speech or of the press? Under what state of things could it be presumed to be necessary for the sovereign people of the United States to retain to themselves the poor privilege of assembling peaceably to petition, not their sovereign lords and masters, but their public servants and agents, for a redress of grievances? To what daring usurpations must they have looked, when it was deemed necessary to secure freemen the privilege of keeping and bearing arms? But, sir, constitutional securities against the abuse of power, of delegated and limited power, seem to be but beautiful and splendid illusions."

- U.S. Rep. James Johnson, of Virginia, Feb. 10, 1820,[Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856. FROM GALES AND BEATON'S ANNALS OF CONGRESS, FROM THEIR REGISTER OF DEBATES; AND FROM THE OFFICIAL REPORTED DEBATES, BY JOHN C RIVES. Pgs. 545-46]

Location hidden

#133 May 11, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
"A well-regulated militia]
Lovely spam
wunderful spa-a-m
lovely spam
wunderful s spam
spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am
spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am
spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am
spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#134 May 11, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>The knarly, flea bitten wolf is pissed for being taken off the endangered species list. So he relies on commie BS to flood the thread, only, to no avail, you dont get my guns, nor does his rants mean anything. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".
Too late for your head. That's already infringed.

San Jose, CA.

#136 May 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Too late for your head. T.
Hey, democtat party HYPOCRITES.

Care to explain THIS?

BUCHANAN AND BRECKINRIDGE

THE DEMOCRATIC HAND-BOOK,

COMPILED BY

MICH. W. CLUSKEY,

OF

WASHINGTON CITY, D.C.

RECOMMENDED BY THE

DEMOCRATIC MATIONAL COMMITTEE.

The success of the Democracy essential for the preservation of the Union and the protection of the integrity of the Constitution

WASHINGTON:

PRINTED BY R.A. WATERS

Mr. COLFAX. What is the date of that?

Mr. STEPHENS. Last November. Now ....

"... I will not go to the gentleman's State, or to any other gentleman's State, to find laws that I do not approve. We have plenty of them in my own State. And the gentleman ought to feel highly blessed if he has none in Indiana that he disapproves. We have a great many in Georgia I do not approve. There is one in particular which I fought in the legislature and opposed before the courts with all the power that I had. It was a law making it penal to bear concealed deadly weapons. I am individually opposed to bearing such weapons. I never bear weapons of any sort; but I believed that it was the constitutional right of every American citizen to bear arms if he chooses, and just such arms, and in just such way, as he chooses. I thought that it was the birthright of every Georgian to do it. I was defeated in our legislature. I was defeated before our courts. The question went up to the highest judicial tribunal in our State, the Supreme Court*, which sustained the law..." [*Nunn v. State, 1 Ga.(1 Kel.) 243 (1846).]

[Hon. Alexander H. Stephens, June 28, 1856, U.S. House of Representatives.(Mr. Stephens served as a U.S. Representative from Georgia,(before and after the Civil War). He was also Vice President of the Confederate States of America, and the 50th Governor of Georgia from 1882 until his death in 1883).]
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#137 May 11, 2013
The Democrats would never put gun control on the ballot. First it is already law, it is called a good steady aim. Second when it lost they could never whine about it again.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#138 May 11, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, democtat party HYPOCRITES.
Care to explain THIS?
BUCHANAN AND BRECKINRIDGE
THE DEMOCRATIC HAND-BOOK,
COMPILED BY
MICH. W. CLUSKEY,
OF
WASHINGTON CITY, D.C.
RECOMMENDED BY THE
DEMOCRATIC MATIONAL COMMITTEE.
The success of the Democracy essential for the preservation of the Union and the protection of the integrity of the Constitution
WASHINGTON:
PRINTED BY R.A. WATERS
Mr. COLFAX. What is the date of that?
Mr. STEPHENS. Last November. Now ....
"... I will not go to the gentleman's State, or to any other gentleman's State, to find laws that I do not approve. We have plenty of them in my own State. And the gentleman ought to feel highly blessed if he has none in Indiana that he disapproves. We have a great many in Georgia I do not approve. There is one in particular which I fought in the legislature and opposed before the courts with all the power that I had. It was a law making it penal to bear concealed deadly weapons. I am individually opposed to bearing such weapons. I never bear weapons of any sort; but I believed that it was the constitutional right of every American citizen to bear arms if he chooses, and just such arms, and in just such way, as he chooses. I thought that it was the birthright of every Georgian to do it. I was defeated in our legislature. I was defeated before our courts. The question went up to the highest judicial tribunal in our State, the Supreme Court*, which sustained the law..." [*Nunn v. State, 1 Ga.(1 Kel.) 243 (1846).]
[Hon. Alexander H. Stephens, June 28, 1856, U.S. House of Representatives.(Mr. Stephens served as a U.S. Representative from Georgia,(before and after the Civil War). He was also Vice President of the Confederate States of America, and the 50th Governor of Georgia from 1882 until his death in 1883).]
It is my birthright to call you a lunatic.

San Jose, CA.

#139 May 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It is my birthright to call you a lunatic.
The Democratic National Convention which gathered at Chicago on the 29th of August[1864], and presented the names of GEORGE B. McCLELLAN for President, and GEORGE H. PENDLETON for Vice-President, agreed on and adopted the following PLATFORM.

Resolved, That the aim and object of the Democratic party is to preserve the Federal Union and the rights of the States unimpaired; and they hereby declare that they consider the Administrative usurpation of extraordinary and dangerous powers not granted by the Constitution, the subversion of the civil by military law in States not in insurrection, the arbitrary military arrest, imprisonment, trial and sentence of American citizens in States where civil law exists in full force, the suppression of freedom of speech and of the press, the denial of the right of asylum, the open and avowed disregard of State rights, the employment of unusual test-oaths, and the interference with and denial of the right of the people to bear arms, as calculated to prevent a restoration of the Union and the perpetuation of a government deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed.

San Jose, CA.

#140 May 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It is my birthright to call you a lunatic.
New "Democratic" Doctrine.

Slavery not to be confined to the Negro race, but to be made the universal condition of the laboring classes of society.

The line of defense, however, is now changed. The South now maintains that Slavery is right, natural, and necessary, and does not depend upon difference of COMPLEXION. The laws of the Slave States justify the holding of WHITE MEN in bondage.

Another Buchanan paper, the leading one in South Carolina, says:

"Slavery is the natural and normal condition of the laboring man, whether WHITE or black.--The great evil of Northern frne Society is, that it is burdened with a servile class of MECHANICS and LABORERS, unfit for self-government, and yet clothed with the attributes and powers of citizens. Master and Slave, is a relation in Society as natural as that of parent and child; and the Northern States will yet have to introduce it. Their theory of free government is a delueion."

There's "Democratic" doctrine for you, with a vengeance; "our theory of free government a delusion,"--"laborin g men, whether white or black, to be slaves,"--Verily, matters are coming to a pretty pass with us.

The Richmond (Va.) Enquirer, Mr. Buchanan's confidential organ, and considered by the "Democratic" party as the ablest paper in the South, speaks as follows in a recent number:

"Repeatedly have we asked the North 'Has not the experiment of universal liberty, FAILED? Are not the evils of FREE SOCIETY INSUFFERABLE? And do not most thinking men among you propose to subvert and reconstruct it?' Still no answer. This gloomy silence is another conclusive proof, added to many other conclusive evidences we have furnished, that free society in the long run is an impracticable form of society; it is everywhere starving, demoralized and insurrectionary.

We repeat, then, that policy and humanity alike forbid the extension of the evils of free society to new people and coming generations.

Washington, 1850.
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/h... :@field%28NUMBER+@band%28rbpe+ 20304000%29%29

San Jose, CA.

#141 May 11, 2013
This link,(to the above), will work:
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbpe.20304000

Location hidden

#142 May 12, 2013
[QUOTE who="GunShow1"
BUCHANAN AND BRECKINRIDGE[/QUOTE]

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

Location hidden

#143 May 12, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Democrats would never put gun control on the ballot.
Cat74 wrote:
In some voting precincts all over the U S there were more people who voted then lived in the precinct.
Still waiting, LyingC*t74.

Funny how you can't find anything to back this up.

Location hidden

#144 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic National Convention which gathered at Chicago on the 29th of August 1864

Location hidden

#145 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
New "Democratic" Doctrine.
Waitress:...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
We the people

Hondo, NM

#146 May 12, 2013
FUBAMMA!

A new kind of intestinal irritation,
Has invaded the liberals mentality...
And like Benzagate, leads to paranoia....

San Jose, CA.

#147 May 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vi...
More demonRat HYPOCRISY:

The Democratic National Convention which gathered at Chicago on the 29th of August[1864], and presented the names of GEORGE B. McCLELLAN for President, and GEORGE H. PENDLETON for Vice-President, agreed on and adopted the following PLATFORM.

Resolved, That the aim and object of the Democratic party is to preserve the Federal Union and the rights of the States unimpaired; and they hereby declare that they consider the Administrative usurpation of extraordinary and dangerous powers not granted by the Constitution, the subversion of the civil by military law in States not in insurrection, the arbitrary military arrest, imprisonment, trial and sentence of American citizens in States where civil law exists in full force, the suppression of freedom of speech and of the press, the denial of the right of asylum, the open and avowed disregard of State rights, the employment of unusual test-oaths, and the interference with and denial of the right of the people to bear arms, as calculated to prevent a restoration of the Union and the perpetuation of a government deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot 3 hr Independent1 9
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 13 hr obama crime syndi... 12,099
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4
More from around the web