A new front for gun background checks...

A new front for gun background checks: the ballot

There are 182 comments on the KTIV-TV Sioux City story from Apr 28, 2013, titled A new front for gun background checks: the ballot. In it, KTIV-TV Sioux City reports that:

"Iron Man 3" is the heavy-lifter at theaters with a colossal overseas debut that overshadows a sleepy pre-summer weekend at the domestic box office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTIV-TV Sioux City.

Imom

West Chicago, IL

#64 May 9, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>People have said for years that the "silent majority" is slow to anger. I think we saw alittle in the 2010 midterms.Again, alot of these people have no idea of how our government works. I think many stayed home in 2012 because of disquitude. The drive-by press blaming Republicans for everything, when most of the crap was caused by Democrats or the "Out House"....I think alot of people are waking up. I listen to talk radio alot and I'm hearing this in the people that call in. I had to do some refreshing back in 2007 myself, but after being on here for awhile, I didn't research on the internet, I started going to the college library at Sam Houston U. in Huntsville. There's alot of pure crap floating on here. The only problem is that people on both sides believe the crap.
Many stayed home because the Rebublican party failed to run a candidate strong on econimc policy and middle of the road on social issues. A social policy moderate would have won the independent voters and the candidate would have won in a landslide.
The

Huntsville, AL

#65 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>

It's much cheaper to bribe and buy off a few thousand,(people in government positions). Than it is bribe and buy off a few MILLION.
NRA has proven that.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#66 May 9, 2013
Imom wrote:
<quoted text>Many stayed home because the Rebublican party failed to run a candidate strong on econimc policy and middle of the road on social issues. A social policy moderate would have won the independent voters and the candidate would have won in a landslide.
Yes I know. The abortion nuts, the religious nuts, the antigay nuts, and who do they nominate, a loser, who has the face to fit all the nuts.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
'obama' is a treasonous imposter
Oh boy: Sock puppet theater!

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#69 May 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy: Sock puppet theater!
"My excellent friend from Boylston,(Mr. Whitney,) has uttered, in the speech he has just made, many noble sentiments of love among men and peace on earth. I love peace not less ardently than my friend from Boylston. The bloodless victories of peace are as dear to me as to him. But I am not one of those men who cry peace, when there is no peace without slavery, injustice and wrong. My friend from North Brookfield,(Mr Walker,) and others, have spoken of the peace movements in England and on the continent, and of Richard Cobden and others of its leading spirits. I may be in error, but I have sometimes thought that the song which the peace movement has hymned into the ear of Europe during the past five years has made far easier the march of the legions Russia and Austria upon Hungary and Italy, and the march of the legions of France--of apostate republican France--upon Rome. While the people have listened with softened hearts to the songs of peace, their masters have disarmed them, and sent forth their increasing standing armies to crush every manifestation of freedom, progress, and popular rights. When tyranny is overthrown and freedom established; when standing armies are disbanded and the people armed for their own protection against arbitrary power; then I would write "peace" on the banners of the people and send them forth to make the tour of the world. My motto is "Liberty first--peace afterwards."

- Mr. Henry Wilson, June 21, 1853,[OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS IN The State Convention ASSEMBLED MAY 4TH, 1853, TO REVISE AND AMEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE Commonwealth of Massachusetts. VOLUME SECOND. BOSTON: WHITE & POTTER, PRINTERS TO THE CONVENTION, 1853.](Mr. Wilson,(Feb. 16, 1812 Nov. 22, 1875), was a delegate to the state constitutional convention in 1853. He was elected to the United States Senate in 1855. He was reelected as a Republican in 1859, 1865 and 1871, and served from Jan. 31, 1855 to March 4, 1873, when he resigned to become Vice President. He was the 18th Vice President of the United States (18731875). During the Civil War, he was Chairman of the Committee on Military Affairs and the Militia, and the Committee on Military Affairs).

Location hidden

#70 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"My excellent friend
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Flagged, GayDavy.

PERL: don't leave home without it!
Cat74

United States

#71 May 9, 2013
In some voting precincts all over the U S there were more people who voted then lived in the precinct. It is called multi voting. The corrupt Chicago politicians created it, but Obama, and his corrupt Chicago politician friends went National with it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#72 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the high powers delegated directly to the citizen, and is excepted out of the general powers of government. A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power."-- Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394 (1859).
Even over 300 years ago, bullshit was still bullshit.
Nothing and no one is above the law. The only "absolute" right is to do whatever you want that is within the law.

Location hidden

#73 May 9, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Need a background check for a gun purchase, then you need one to vote.
That is a truly dumb analogy.
There is absolutely no logical basis for objection to background checks for owning a firearm. If a voter is deranged, there is litte harm. If a gun owner is deranged, well, do I have to go further?
Another

Huntsville, AL

#75 May 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
liar.

Location hidden

#76 May 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
In some voting precincts all over the U S there were more people who voted then lived in the precinct.
You are a m/f c/s liar, Lying C*T74.

But we knew that already.
Cat74

United States

#77 May 9, 2013
You thik I lie, because you can't handle the truth, but most people can read, and can go to the Internet, and check out anything I say. If you think I lie why do you waste so much time reading what I write? That's dumb.

Location hidden

#78 May 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You thik I lie
I don't think you lie, you lie every time you open your sticky mouth.

Location hidden

#79 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be that prisoners would receive their firearms back when leaving jail/prison after having served their time. Self-preservation is the first law of nature. And no one has the authority to deprive their fellow man of that. It is the first law of nature. Anyone contending differently is an advocate for "cruel and unusual punishment". For the person is continuing to be punished even after having served their time.
Sadly, for some humans, killing is the second law of nature.

"Allowing any deranged person, with a background of violence, to own a firearm in a supposedly civilized society, renders the person supporting this idea ineligible to own a firearm, by reason of mental incapacity."
- Lawrence Wolf, 2013 A.D.

Location hidden

#80 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to arms is a natural right that belongs to all free people. In order to be enabled to exercise their first natural right; Self-Defense/Preservation. The right to vote is a political right resulting from the social compact.
And to this day, that man can eat anything.

Location hidden

#81 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more. I've had the suspicion that they have been using the principles found in the Declaration in reverse on us. That they know that people will put up with a LOT of bs before doing anything about it. Which is why they have been doing it slowly and incrementally. But the mask is coming off, or they are being revealed. The next move is up to us I suppose.
Do you also do a Woody Woodpecker impression?

Location hidden

#82 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is up to us, and a few others I've encountered. To make sure the actual facts get out. As well as forcing the republican party to go back to its roots,(no pun intended). And stop trying to buddy up to the demonrats. And if they won't, start a new party.
Great idea! That'll keep us Dems in power for a millenium or two. Go gettem, Gunrunner!

Location hidden

#83 May 9, 2013
It is wrote:
<quoted text>
cruz that is pathetic. In the tradition of Gomhert, Perry, Bachmann, Perry, Dubya, Issa etc. They should start a third party.
They should start a bonfire.

Location hidden

#84 May 9, 2013
Quit wrote:
<quoted text>
being a moron. You'll get more respect instead of pity.
Jack gets lots of respect. Can't you hear the hoofbeats?

Location hidden

#85 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG:
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".
That means in NO way, shape, or form can that specific right be encroached upon. They were EXPRESSLY DENIED the "power". Not only under the 2nd amendment, but under the 9th, 10th, and 15th amendments as well.
Now get back in the kool-aid line.
All-beef baloney. Cite the COMPLETE second amendment, "militia" man.

And anyway, how is that a response to someone discussing the commerce clause? You're so obsessed your "god-given" right to pack a rod, you can't even see straight, not quite an asset for a gun freak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The news media love America. The government, no... 13 hr FormerParatrooper 56
Taurus Gaucho Revolver (May '06) Sat Senb12 29
News Lawyer: 'Pharma Bro' joking about bounty for Cl... Sep 13 Jeff Brightone 2
News Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity, Cong... Sep 11 FormerParatrooper 1
News D.C. Requests Hearing on Protection of Second A... Sep 10 Lou Posey 3
News SCOTUS Asked to Review Ninth Circuit Decision o... Sep 9 FormerParatrooper 2
News Dove Hunting: Think Wires, Water, Treeline Breaks Sep 9 Get Out 2
More from around the web