Look for Obama to take on gun control...

Look for Obama to take on gun control if he wins second term

There are 20 comments on the The Times story from Jul 24, 2011, titled Look for Obama to take on gun control if he wins second term. In it, The Times reports that:

July 23, 2011 11:36 a.m. What do you think ? Send us your thoughts in a letter to the editor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Bob

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2011
Another reasen not to re elect this idiot

Since: Jan 09

Neptune, NJ

#2 Jul 24, 2011
I am about 60% certain at this point that Obama will win a second term. The Republicans are quite disorganized and frankly are losing the the spin on the national debt. The question is, will they do enough damage to themselves that they lose both houses of Congress by substantial margins (filibuster proof majority in the Senate for example) and enough pro-gun legislators (either party) lose as well. If they do, then there is no check on the Democrats agenda and we will see more laws passed. If the Republicans do manage to hold at least one house, then chances are pretty good that Obama will be reduced to implementing rules changes only.

No matter how you slice it, I see a repeat of 1995 for the Republicans where they lost the budget mess to Clinton and the Democrats. Their intransigence gave Clinton a second term.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Jul 24, 2011
Zzznorch wrote:
I am about 60% certain at this point that Obama will win a second term. The Republicans are quite disorganized and frankly are losing the the spin on the national debt. The question is, will they do enough damage to themselves that they lose both houses of Congress by substantial margins (filibuster proof majority in the Senate for example) and enough pro-gun legislators (either party) lose as well. If they do, then there is no check on the Democrats agenda and we will see more laws passed. If the Republicans do manage to hold at least one house, then chances are pretty good that Obama will be reduced to implementing rules changes only.
No matter how you slice it, I see a repeat of 1995 for the Republicans where they lost the budget mess to Clinton and the Democrats. Their intransigence gave Clinton a second term.
God help our country if you are right.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 24, 2011
Most pigs will vote for pro-union Obama. And then Obama will continue to destroy the economy and help eliminate police jobs. Who would've thought antigun Obama would help eliminate Amerika's police state.
News Skeptic

Whitney, TX

#5 Jul 24, 2011
NRA-ILA Gathering Information on BATFE Demand Letter
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx...
Paul

Grand Junction, CO

#6 Jul 24, 2011
If Obama wins a second term he will go after the gun issue with a all out war on firearm ownership and our second amendment.

He swore a oath to up hold the constitution of the united States, he has not !

God help us all if this maniac is reelected !
Jeff

Grand Junction, CO

#7 Jul 24, 2011
Got to agree on both Issues, good bye second amendment, and he is a maniac !
Citizen

United States

#8 Jul 24, 2011
Yep,
Agree with most here.
It's all about control and has nothing to do with the U. S. Constitution, which I doubt many in Congress and administration has ever read, let alone thought about or actively seek to support.
The fear mongers should jump on this, eh?
Seen It Before

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jul 24, 2011
Paul wrote:
If Obama wins a second term he will go after the gun issue with a all out war on firearm ownership and our second amendment.
He swore a oath to up hold the constitution of the united States, he has not !
God help us all if this maniac is reelected !
We got a real treasure when this clown got voted in. He is doing everything he can to assure himself a second term where he will run roughshod over our rights. He will go to every measure possible to disarm Americans "for our own good"

Neptune, NJ

#10 Jul 27, 2011
I'll check back here on November 7, 2012 and see what the results are.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jul 27, 2011
Do it now, why wait? If gun control is such a noble thing get it done. You got 16 months until the next election.
Camilla

Olive Branch, MS

#12 Jul 28, 2011
I don't believe he'll do it. He knows he would loose votes if he took any stance publicly on the issue. However, his voting record while he was in the senate speaks volumes.
Seen It Before

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jul 28, 2011
Camilla wrote:
I don't believe he'll do it. He knows he would loose votes if he took any stance publicly on the issue. However, his voting record while he was in the senate speaks volumes.
He won't do anything THIS term. It's NEXT term where he would. We have to make sure he only has ONE TERM to damage this country. The guy is clueless on so many levels it's not funny. Amazing how he appears from nowhere and becomes president.....
Camilla

Olive Branch, MS

#14 Jul 28, 2011
Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>He won't do anything THIS term. It's NEXT term where he would. We have to make sure he only has ONE TERM to damage this country. The guy is clueless on so many levels it's not funny. Amazing how he appears from nowhere and becomes president.....
ITA, Clueless is an understatement when it comes to Obama.

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Sep 27, 2012
Zzznorch wrote:
Fourteen months after I wrote this, I am now 98% certain that Obama will win a second term. There are six weeks left to prove me wrong but frankly, short of the RNC paying individuals for each and every vote in the swing states, I cannot see Romney winning.

Start buying your firearm supplies now because I see a 100% increase in prices on November 7, 2012.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 27, 2012
If the Congress keeps a republican majority, Obama may not be able to do a Klinton seize.

The public wants the govt to seize the assets of the wealthy class and give it to them.

Obama is a closet communist. Oh well.

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Nov 10, 2012
Surprised? Not me...

In fact, all the autopsies I have been reading on the election I have been thinking for over a year and a half. If the Republican Party would only listen, especially in New York!
wondering

United States

#22 Nov 12, 2012
Better buy your guns before January,because Obama may outlaw all handguns.Don't think he will do it?Look at Obamacare he passed it anyway ,no matter what people wanted.Best to buy them off the record,to keep the government from knowing.
drink the hive

New York, NY

#23 Nov 12, 2012
Know Real Before Directing What Reality Should Become...

http://www2.gvsu.edu/keastm/marine/Marine_Rec...

&fe ature=related

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24 Nov 12, 2012
Zzznorch wrote:
Surprised? Not me...
In fact, all the autopsies I have been reading on the election I have been thinking for over a year and a half. If the Republican Party would only listen, especially in New York!
America as a nation comitted suicide on November 6th 2012. Obama will have more Supreme Court nominees which will drive us even further left. Kagan & Sotomayor are just the start. Ammo and firearms will be heavily taxed and outright banned in many cases. These traitors think the bigger the government the better for the citizens (read subjects)... It amazes me that America was so stupid a second time. The "gimmes" voted and want the "Gots" to pay for them. Obama says "You didn't build that"... He destroys instead in the name of bigger government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court Continues to Reschedule Concealed... Wed Daniel stollings 2
News Mass shooters tend to be domestic abusers first Jun 20 Jagermann 2
News GOP House hopeful says more in Congress should ... Jun 16 Red Crosse 3
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Jun 15 FormerParatrooper 5
News 2nd Amendment: Good Enough for Kim Kardashian, ... Jun 13 Billyball 4
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Jun 3 Grecian Formula 19 75
News New Thermal Scope Offers Amazing Night Vision Jun 2 OwenJames 1
More from around the web