Senators Discuss Changing Background Checks Bill

May 8, 2013 Full story: CBS Local

Senators backing gun control are discussing ways to revise the defeated Senate background check bill to help win the votes they need to resuscitate the measure.

Read more
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#1 May 8, 2013
Attention Senators: in the next decade a machine called a 3-D printer is going to render any and all gun control legislation worthless. If I want to print 100 handguns a day and hand them out like candy I will be able to. They will be just as deadly as current metal guns and the cost will be a few pennies per weapon. Your only choice going forward is to crack down on violent offenders.....what we've wanted you to do all along. They won't last as long as a good Smith & Wesson or Glock, but it won't matter due to ease of manufacturing them. The key is to send violent offenders away for 30 years, not 30 months. You are pissing into the wind. It's over. Guns are here to stay. Deal with it

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2 May 8, 2013
The senators openly admit their conspiracy to commit TREASON?

What about the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND? Which states:

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

And as far as their 'militia' excuse:

"Let me ask attention to an illustration nearer home. The only case in which there has ever existed a real necessity for the interposition of military force to preserve the peace in Massachusetts.(except in the days of 1775, when the people took arms, to put down the military,) was the "Shay's Rebellion;" and then, gentlemen who glorify the militia must remember the people armed themselves to suppress an insurrection headed by a militia officer, with militia men for the mass of his followers.

"Now, Mr. Chairman, gentlemen talk about the necessity of this volunteer militia, in order to prevent mobs in Massachusetts. Let me ask, Sir, how many there are of them? I understand that the whole number is not more than four or five thousand: or at the farthest, we may say seven thousand. Now, can any gentleman seriously suppose that the peace of this whole Commonwealth is preserved by this insignificant body men? Sir, it is the law-abiding, peace-loving, order-preserving citizens of Massachusetts, whom we are indebted for the feeling of which we enjoy."

- Francis W. Bird, June 20, 1853,[OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS IN THE STATE CONVENTION, ASSEMBLED MAY 4TH, 1853, TO REVISE AND AMEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE Commonwealth of Massachusetts VOLUME SECOND. BOSTON: WHITE
& POTTER, PRINTERS TO THE CONVENTION, 1853.]

These usurping politicians need to be charged with TREASON. We The People with our Constitution are the SOVEREIGN AUTHORITY. These politicians are openly advocating VIOLATION of our Constitution. And need to be charged, tried, and convicted of TREASON. The sentence needs to then be carried out IMMEDIATELY.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#3 May 8, 2013
Here you go, you treasonous senators:

"The section which declares that no law shall restrict the right of the people to bear arms, whether in defense of themselves or of the State, was read a second time.
"Mr. RARIDEN said he would like to know from the gentlemen who reported this section whether it was the intention to permit or prohibit the wearing of concealed weapons. He preferred the language of the old Constitution. He would move to strike out the section and insert the corresponding section of the old Constitution.
"Mr. OWEN said he would suggest to the gentleman from Wayne that if he wished to prohibit the carrying of weapons it would be necessary to change the language of the old Constitution. For if it were declared by Constitutional provision that the people should have the right to bear arms, no law of the Legislature could take away that right."

- Dec. 31, 1850, Afternoon Session.[REPORT OF THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONVENTION FOR THE REVISION OF THE CONSTITUTION THE STATE OF INDIANA. 1850. VOLUME II. H. FOWLER, OFFICIAL REPORTER TO THE CONVENTION. A.H. BROWN, PRINTER TO THE CONVENTION. INDIANAPOLIS, IND 1850.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New and Expanded Online Resource Details Fatal ... 1 hr payme 14
News Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 52
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 109
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... 7 hr Denny CranesPlace 61
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Mar 25 CTM 12,176
News US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... Mar 25 Cat74 137
News If not Congress, Obama should reject bill on co... Mar 24 Denny CranesPlace 23
More from around the web