Weighing Fair-Trade Coffee

May 10, 2010 Full story: Campus Life

Learning the "bean-to-cup" journey before you buy. Tyler Charles posted 5/10/2010 1 of 4 F or many churches, coffee has become a fundamental piece of their identity, whether it's offered during Sunday morning services or served throughout the week in a church-operated caf or coffee shop.

Full Story
jason baca

United States

#1 May 12, 2010
For an evangelival to put that much faith in Fair-Trade coffee is a eternal mistake!
Fair-trade has lots of scammers using the name to exploit and profit off the poor.

I run a coop. on the free market because Fair-trade wanted 10% of our profits, we have been getting fair-trade for our coffee than fair-trade coffee... Quality is the determining factor!!!
Fair-trade is just a socialized project that pays everyone the same based on social reasons, unless everyone has great coffee, it drags the whole coop down. just my 2 cents! fair-trade has done some good as it was invented in our town by a dutch priest and a zapotec who I know in Oaxaca.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guatemala, Guatemala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Send your kids to the USA Jul '14 Bellweather 1
US Apologizes to Guatemala (Oct '10) Oct '10 Brotha of the Unb... 8
Guatemala: First Exhumation of War Victims (Sep '10) Oct '10 Beware of CIA 2
Guatemala Warns Of High Waves, Heavy Flooding (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dallas 1
Assessment On Storm damage continues in Guatemala (Jun '10) Jun '10 Dennis Lynch 1
1st Tropical Storm of Season Forms in Pacific (May '10) May '10 Madison 1
Rising food prices increases poverty in Guatemala (Dec '08) Jan '09 createjoy 2

Guatemala, Guatemala People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:57 am PST