Green Day lashes out at Wal-Mart policy

Green Day lashes out at Wal-Mart policy

There are 3 comments on the KSL-TV Salt Lake City story from May 21, 2009, titled Green Day lashes out at Wal-Mart policy. In it, KSL-TV Salt Lake City reports that:

Green Day has the most popular CD in the country, but you won't be able to find it at your local Wal-Mart. The band says the giant superstore chain refused to stock its latest CD, "21st Century Breakdown," because Wal-Mart wanted the album edited for language and content, and they refused.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSL-TV Salt Lake City.

do you know the enemy

Glasgow, KY

#1 May 23, 2009
im glad they didnt give in to walmart...screw wally world and screw censorship!
greenday rules!

#2 May 23, 2009

Censorship doesn't help at all, in fact I think it actually encourages swearing in some weird, subliminal way. I think it's necessary some times, but I think Green Day did the right thing about this. Wal Mart carries all their other albums beacause they aren't "explicit" - meaning that they voice their political opinion. If that's what WM thinks is inappropriate/censor-worthy content, then they need to take that Eminem album they're selling off of their shelves and give it a good that censor-worthy?

They do stock the album here in Canada, though.
Money Talks BS Walks

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2011
Walmart caters to bible-thumpers who have money, not Green Day fans who don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry a . but why don't Canadians write songs a... Sep 27 Anne Tait 1
News Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling... (Jan '06) Aug '15 Brian 51
billie joe is sooooo hot (Mar '06) Jun '15 Teresa Amber Harding 307
News Brandon Flowers Offended By Green Day DVD (Mar '07) Jan '15 Anonymous 18
News Green Day, Nine Inch Nails among Rock Hall nomi... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Twitter (Nov '13) Nov '13 Green Day Lover 1
News Green Day to get back on road in March (Jan '13) Oct '13 Speaks the truth 2
More from around the web