Musicians who have had their songs pa...

Musicians who have had their songs parodied by Weird Al Yankovic

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Musicians who have had their songs parodied by Weird Al Yankovic. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Musicians who have had their songs parodied by the clown prince of pop, Weird Al Yankovic, could look at it one of two ways: Either it's proof they've hit the big time... or their descent has begun, and he's merely applied the first shove.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Erosman

Hancock, MN

#1 Sep 2, 2010
I enjoyed reading a good review of what sounds like a good night of entertainment. I didn't see Weird Al this year. But, I have enjoyed seeing Al at the State Fair for many years; all the way from the free stage (Baldwin Park stage?) before his Michael Jackson take-offs, to seeing him headline at the grandstand a couple of years ago. Successfull musical parody is not easy. Before coming up with good lyrics, one has to have a band that can play a variety of styles note for note perfect. Both Al and his back up band have been hitting it out of the park for many years. If you come across his music video DVD, be sure to catch his first national TV appearance on the Tom Snyder "Tommoroww" show in the early 1970's. Itis one of the bonus extras on the DVD.
Somedude2

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 2, 2010
What a fun concert. I have never had so much fun. Maybe the kids did too, but who cares. Weird Al Rocks!
Hooah

El Paso, TX

#3 Sep 2, 2010
I saw him at SCSU about a decade ago; Weird Al was very entertaining and made for a great night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA!' Green Day l... Nov '16 Jeff Brightone 1
Jaded in Chicago 1994 concert (Nov '16) Nov '16 JadedInChicago 1
News Once upon a time in Berkeley (Feb '16) Feb '16 The Last Warrior ... 2
News Sorry a . but why don't Canadians write songs a... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anne Tait 1
News Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling... (Jan '06) Aug '15 Brian 51
billie joe is sooooo hot (Mar '06) Jun '15 Teresa Amber Harding 307
News Brandon Flowers Offended By Green Day DVD (Mar '07) Jan '15 Anonymous 18
More from around the web