Kavala – Greece

Kavala – Greece

There are 93 comments on the www.grecophone.co.uk story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Kavala – Greece. In it, www.grecophone.co.uk reports that:

Kavala is a beautiful city in the region of Macedonia, Northern Greece. It is located approximately 160 kilometres east of Thessaloniki, the Macedonian capital and second largest city in Greece. Kavala is a coastal city, overlooking the Bay of Kavala in the Aegean with a picturesque fishing harbour and reliable ferry links to Thasos as well as several other islands. The city is often described as one of Greece’s most attractive thanks to its stunning setting and traditional surroundings. It is also perfectly situated as a base for visiting other places in Northern Greece, with regular bus connections to Thessaloniki.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.grecophone.co.uk.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
alex

Antalya, Turkey

#96 Oct 23, 2011
Georgi Mladenov wrote:
Every city of Greece like Macedonia had its coins.
All coins, of Greek cities like Macedonia had Greek on them!
In Macedonia there were many scripts that say that Macedonia was Greek, just like the citizens there.
That is the reason why Macedonians were taking part in the Olympic Games, as Greeks were permited only.
That is the truth.
Bulgaria today is a friend of Greece and supports that the people of Skopja-MacedoniaVardarska are Bulgarians.
everyone should do, and the most beautiful holiday turkey holiday turkey isatnbul the best rental car, rent from the Active http://www.activerentcar.com
Madame De Luxe

Australia

#97 Oct 23, 2011
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#99 Oct 25, 2011
Macedonia is Greece!

“Love Life”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#100 Oct 26, 2011
ERNST BADIAN

Philip II, at least from the time of his victory over Phocis, Athens, and their allies in 346, prepared to proclaim himself the champion of a United Greece against the barbarians.

* Ernst Badian, "Cambridge history of Iran", p. 421
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#101 Oct 27, 2011
Macedonia is for ever GREEK!
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#104 Oct 29, 2011
Greece is Macedonia, and Macedonia is Greece!
Long live Greece, Long live Macedonia!
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#107 Nov 1, 2011
Macedonia is and always has been Greek.
Greece is Macedonia, and Macedonia is Greece!
Long live Greece, Long live Macedonia!

Alexander the Great spoke and wrote Greek, all he had in his life was Greek.

Religion.
Tradition.
Culture.
Customs.
Race.
Ethnicity.

Everything!
Macedonia is Greek and it will remain Greek!

“Love Life”

Location hidden

#108 Nov 3, 2011
Thank you very much, the Ashmolean Museum and Mr. Robin Lane Fox from the Great Britain's respected Oxford University!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#109 Nov 3, 2011
Just a few of the Greatest Greek contributions to the world:

Olympic games- the international sports competition in which almost every country participates in.

Democracy- It means rule by the people. Athenian Greeks might have invented democracy but power was in the hands of wealthy merchants. Romans who aspired to the same ideal were also the elite few. Also Rome still had slaves so Rome doesn't have a true democracy. How can there be a true democracy in a society populated by slaves? The British Parliament was born only because King George was forced to share authority with aristocrats. Even the U.S. Senate was ran by only white men until 20th century. How can you have democracy in a multi-racial country with a senate ran by people excluding minorities? Granted, Asians and Hispanics didn't immigrate to the U.S. until mid-19th century. Blacks were still slaves back then until the Civil War, so they couldn't vote and run in public office. Native Americans could not even run any government in their own country. What real democracy has racial segregation and inequality laws? That is why U.S. was not a real democracy until Blacks and other minorities have won participation in the whites-only government in the late 1960's or early 1970's.

Hippocratic Oath: the moral code of medical ethics upheld by doctors today.

Theatrical drama, acting, and comedy (a type of drama).

Philosophies of Aristotle, Socrates, Plato

Ionian, Doric and Corinthian architecture

literary classics such as Iliad and Odyssey, myths, fables, poetry and mythology and goes on.....
Turkofagos

Heraklion, Greece

#111 Nov 4, 2011
The speech of Alexander I, when he was admitted to the Olympic games:

"Men of Athens...
Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery....
If you prosper in this war, forget not to do something for my freedom; consider the risk I have run, out of zeal for the Hellenic cause, to acquaint you with what Mardonius intends, and to save you from being surprised by the barbarians.
I am Alexander of Macedon."
Elvis Eldridge

Bronx, NY

#112 Nov 4, 2011
Has anyone ever visited the Travel Explosion website that's advertised so much on here?

“Love Life”

Location hidden

#113 Nov 4, 2011
Elvis Eldridge wrote:
Has anyone ever visited the Travel Explosion website that's advertised so much on here?
Have you?
Elvis Eldridge

Bronx, NY

#114 Nov 4, 2011
Maybe once or twice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thraki, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boss of Greek highway parking lot arrested over... Jan '15 Sunday 1
News Greek vacationer murdered by Englishman in London Jan '15 no means no 1
News How Turkey contributes to democratic income sha... Dec '14 Lesvos Aegean isl... 1
News Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
News Greece: Clashes break out at anti-fascist protest (Sep '13) Oct '13 Democracy 2
News Irish and Swedish tax officials to advise Greec... (Jul '13) Jul '13 dj spin 1
News Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Jun '13 fghScamm 8
More from around the web