Greece and Turkey: Two stubborn goats...

Greece and Turkey: Two stubborn goats both falling down

There are 828 comments on the Turkish Daily News story from Aug 1, 2007, titled Greece and Turkey: Two stubborn goats both falling down. In it, Turkish Daily News reports that:

C. Cem O UZI first and foremost feel compelled to ask Mr. Orhan Kilercio lu, another prominent columnist with the Turkish Daily News and one whom I have never met, for his forgiveness for having the temerity to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Turkish Daily News.

First Prev
of 42
Next Last
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#1 Aug 1, 2007
Ha! Don't make me laugh. I'd be glad to see a such a map in Turkey depicting the Aegean and Western Thrace as part of Turkey rather than the daily flights over these islandes that take place by the Turkish air force. If they didn't notice, none such offenses are made by Greece.

And if the author didn't notice another small detail. That map shows a partition of Turkey in the way of Kurdistan, which is where again? In the far east of the country? Isn't that on the opposite end of the Greek-Turkish border? I mean, he has a resentment as if the map showed Istanbul (Constantinople) or Izmir (Smyrna) as part of Greece.

Oh and are you Turks happy? I used the Greek names in parentheses.
abi

Beverly, MA

#2 Aug 1, 2007
Geo, you're such a loser. get a life.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#4 Aug 1, 2007
abi wrote:
Geo, you're such a loser. get a life.
I didn't think victory on the matter was so absolute.
Hermon

Oakland Gardens, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2007
Greeks and turks are like to puppies who have nothing better to do but bark to each other from each side of the fence.
Its clear that borders are not going to change no matter how much you want it.
Get a life!!
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#6 Aug 1, 2007
Hermon wrote:
Greeks and turks are like to puppies who have nothing better to do but bark to each other from each side of the fence.
Its clear that borders are not going to change no matter how much you want it.
Get a life!!
What do you think? It makes you look smart stating this? Think again.
Ottoman Janissari

Kayseri, Turkey

#7 Aug 16, 2007
(my englis language is very bad sorry)
you are loser, if you want our land, you be obliged to fight our army and POPULACE. our army is 3. biggest army in world now + POPULACE. we never give our lands.
Tony

Irvington, NJ

#9 Aug 17, 2007
Ottoman Janissari wrote:
(my englis language is very bad sorry)
you are loser, if you want our land, you be obliged to fight our army and POPULACE. our army is 3. biggest army in world now + POPULACE. we never give our lands.
In personel size you are 9th largest with active soldiers.Turkey has alot of vietnam era equipment it bought off the U.S.To a modern army for example (isreal)which has the lastest modern equiptment from the U.S..It can destroy your armed forces in a couple of weeks.Your country would not have a chance against a little country like that with the latest and more advanced equiptment.
SOYKIRIM

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2007
Ottoman Janissari wrote:
(my englis language is very bad sorry)
you are loser, if you want our land, you be obliged to fight our army and POPULACE. our army is 3. biggest army in world now + POPULACE. we never give our lands.
T H A T S W H A T I R A Q S A I D ........
GREEK FAGGOTT

Sydney, Australia

#11 Aug 17, 2007
greeks are agressors and claim to be a proud race and powerfull race.....

have you seen the recent movie 300....

that is greek mentality they think 300 hundred of their soldiers can take on a million of any other.

they believe in make believe gods i.e medussa etc
(in their own fantasy worlds)

they also are fond of mens asses.

they are hypocryts,,at first they crucify jesus because they are pig headed and believe no one is god but themselves,,but now they claim that they are catholic christians,,

definition of a greek (a greek is a somewhat confused person)

they have been blown to smithereens by the turks but still claim that they could possibly beet the turks,

there are some 250,000,000 turkic people in the world and some 10,000,000 greeko;s wake up you are not a greek god you are human..

a stupid greek one at that,Turkish coffee is accepted over the world not greek coffee

its called a kebab not suvlaki

it is cacik not tziki

wanna be turks

also macedonians are macedonian not greek you idiots

no one wants to be a greek poof
GWB

Hamilton, Canada

#12 Aug 17, 2007
SOYKIRIM wrote:
<quoted text>
T H A T S W H A T I R A Q S A I D ........
Iraq is different story,they can't do nothing to USA,but Turkey can phuck Greece,without problem
Tony

Irvington, NJ

#13 Aug 17, 2007
GREEK FAGGOTT wrote:
they are hypocryts,,at first they crucify jesus because they are pig headed and believe no one is god but themselves,,but now they claim that they are catholic christians,,
definition of a greek (a greek is a somewhat confused person)
The romans crucified jesus with the jews demanding it.The greeks don't claim to be catholics but are orthodox.It's almost the same but they have no pope.It's seems you might be confused.
Tony

Irvington, NJ

#14 Aug 17, 2007
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Iraq is different story,they can't do nothing to USA,but Turkey can phuck Greece,without problem
U.S. sells arms to both sides.They can choose what weapons to keep the status quo.They don't trust turkey and have given greece the edge to defend itself.The only ones who would get screwed is turkey.Also turkey is so broke it can't pay for the weapons so the american taxpayers end up paying for it.They don't evem have the money to buy weapons ,how are they going to finance a war with greece?Have the U.S. taxpayers pay for it.
GREEK FAGGOTT

Sydney, Australia

#15 Aug 17, 2007
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. sells arms to both sides.They can choose what weapons to keep the status quo.They don't trust turkey and have given greece the edge to defend itself.The only ones who would get screwed is turkey.Also turkey is so broke it can't pay for the weapons so the american taxpayers end up paying for it.They don't evem have the money to buy weapons ,how are they going to finance a war with greece?Have the U.S. taxpayers pay for it.
tony turkey gdp is triple greeces

also turkeys military expenditure on equipment is a greater percentage

add to that turkey has its own indiginous supplies an equipment

in other words turkey makesalot of her weapons on her own

that leaves greece aaaaaahhhhhhh a little left behind

so get your facts right

also turkey is second most powerfull nation after this s in its nato allies

also the eighth powerfull in the world greece ranks somewhere in the thirties alongside afghanistan

global firepower.com
Jewell

Melbourne, Australia

#16 Aug 17, 2007
GREEK FAGGOTT wrote:
definition of a greek (a greek is a somewhat confused person)

there are some 250,000,000 turkic people in the world and some 10,000,000 greeko;s wake up you are not a greek god you are human.
Greeks are confused ?

Do Turks ever look into the mirror ?
Do Turks look like Mediterraneans (Italians,Spanish,Greeks)?
Or do Turks look Central Asian ?
Jewell

Melbourne, Australia

#17 Aug 17, 2007
Modern Turks are a mixture of..........

1. kidnapped Christian Children (janissaries) forcibly converted to Islam and made to serve the Sultan in the army.

2. Converts, from Christianity to Islam, for the economic and social benefits

3. The products of female war booty, serving as concubines and comfort women

4. The abandoned and rejected babies of Christian women raped by Turks

5. The products of the slave trade

6. And of course, the Central Asian nomadic murderers and thieves.

The Greeks and Armenians and others now have their freedom.

Turks are the truly conquered people.
Tony

Irvington, NJ

#18 Aug 17, 2007
Jewel you are right about turkey,murderer and theifs.
Tony

Irvington, NJ

#19 Aug 17, 2007
GREEK FAGGOTT wrote:
<quoted text>
tony turkey gdp is triple greeces
also turkeys military expenditure on equipment is a greater percentage
add to that turkey has its own indiginous supplies an equipment
in other words turkey makesalot of her weapons on her own
that leaves greece aaaaaahhhhhhh a little left behind
so get your facts right
also turkey is second most powerfull nation after this s in its nato allies
also the eighth powerfull in the world greece ranks somewhere in the thirties alongside afghanistan
global firepower.com
I know turkey has more than greece,I beleive greece has more artillary.But turkey's is mainly U.S. surplus left over from cold war. Apsolete equiptment for modern times.For example ,I believe the majority of turkey's tanks are the M60.While the majority of greece's tanks are the M1 and leopard tanks.I know turkey has the M1 but greece has more of the newer tanks than turkey.So the extra #'s of tanks turkey has does not mean anything.
Jets,turkey bought over 400 of the subsonic A4 jets.Subsonic jets don't even have a chance.While greece has the F15 ,turkey does not.They have longer range and more target capability than anything turkey has.So the double amount turkey means nothing.
Turkey does not make any major equipment.They make a few parts and assemble aircraft that the U.S. gives them and allows it.
Turkey has more men in the military but if they invaded greece it would be like a turkey shoot.That's a saying here in the U.S. that they would be easy targets.
Steve S

United States

#20 Aug 17, 2007
Naughty

Athens, Greece

#21 Aug 17, 2007
GREEK FAGGOTT wrote:
greeks are agressors and claim to be a proud race and powerfull race.....
have you seen the recent movie 300....
that is greek mentality they think 300 hundred of their soldiers can take on a million of any other.
they believe in make believe gods i.e medussa etc
(in their own fantasy worlds)
they also are fond of mens asses.
they are hypocryts,,at first they crucify jesus because they are pig headed and believe no one is god but themselves,,but now they claim that they are catholic christians,,
definition of a greek (a greek is a somewhat confused person)
they have been blown to smithereens by the turks but still claim that they could possibly beet the turks,
there are some 250,000,000 turkic people in the world and some 10,000,000 greeko;s wake up you are not a greek god you are human..
a stupid greek one at that,Turkish coffee is accepted over the world not greek coffee
its called a kebab not suvlaki
it is cacik not tziki
wanna be turks
also macedonians are macedonian not greek you idiots
no one wants to be a greek poof
Greeks are always crying hypocrits.They accuse others of the self-same things they do.They call other christians hypocrits and heretics.But their religion(Greek Orthodoxy)is nothing but a superstitious establishment.Their temples(called Naos--Na Oss)are full of girded decorations and with all sorts of icons and idols.Now get it straight Greek dreamers,God was not born in Greece,nor is He a Greek.These people spread the highest propaganda in their country against Israel,the US and any country that does not not share their dreamer mtyhological mentality.They are living in the past and they constantly mention such warriors like Alex the unGreat,thinking that he'll come and rescue them from an invading army like that of Persia.The most crooked of crooks in the world are the Greeks.When you spend a one week holiday in Greece,you'll appreciate it as a nice place to be,a hospitable people(because they cheat you,so they behave nicely),but stay a little longer and you'll realize they are inhabited by real demons.
Sorry Greeks!!
Naughty

Athens, Greece

#22 Aug 17, 2007
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>I know turkey has more than greece,I beleive greece has more artillary.But turkey's is mainly U.S. surplus left over from cold war. Apsolete equiptment for modern times.For example ,I believe the majority of turkey's tanks are the M60.While the majority of greece's tanks are the M1 and leopard tanks.I know turkey has the M1 but greece has more of the newer tanks than turkey.So the extra #'s of tanks turkey has does not mean anything.
Jets,turkey bought over 400 of the subsonic A4 jets.Subsonic jets don't even have a chance.While greece has the F15 ,turkey does not.They have longer range and more target capability than anything turkey has.So the double amount turkey means nothing.
Turkey does not make any major equipment.They make a few parts and assemble aircraft that the U.S. gives them and allows it.
Turkey has more men in the military but if they invaded greece it would be like a turkey shoot.That's a saying here in the U.S. that they would be easy targets.
If they were to fight,Turkish moral would prevail.Greeks are lazy people.They won't lift a finger.The EU is their savior.Everything they need is given them ready-made.Tourism is the only industry here and it's only in summer.In winter,they all go a hibernating.
You mentioned equipment.Their soldiers are ill-trained.They are unable to put a fraction of their payload into good use.Believe me!
All their young men talk about is cars and 'gynaikes'(women).As it goes,'gynaikes' sounds almost like 'nakedness'.They are a naked people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 42
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thraki, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boss of Greek highway parking lot arrested over... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sunday 1
News Greek vacationer murdered by Englishman in London (Jan '15) Jan '15 no means no 1
News How Turkey contributes to democratic income sha... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Lesvos Aegean isl... 1
News Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
News Greece: Clashes break out at anti-fascist protest (Sep '13) Oct '13 Democracy 2
News Irish and Swedish tax officials to advise Greec... (Jul '13) Jul '13 dj spin 1
News Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Jun '13 fghScamm 8
More from around the web