Thrace Turks deprived of basic human ...

Thrace Turks deprived of basic human rights

There are 26 comments on the Turkish Daily News story from Dec 19, 2006, titled Thrace Turks deprived of basic human rights. In it, Turkish Daily News reports that:

Diplomatic sources interpret a committee decision by the Council of Europe as 'a serious warning for Greece' ANKARA - Turkish Daily News A recent decision by a committee of the Council of Europe clearly reveals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Turkish Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

GfC

Since: Dec 06

Markham, Canada

#1 Dec 19, 2006
Interesting...not entirely true but interesting to say the least.

Hmmm…what about the Greeks in Turkey...are they abused? Oh I FORGOT...ALL THE ETHNIC GREEKS WITHIN TURKEY WERE WIPED OFF OF THOSE LANDS!

Let's not be silly and talk about ‘basic human rights’. The ethnic Turks are still alive and living in Greece. That is more than can be said for the ethnic Greeks in Turkey. Half of them were forced out of Turkey while the other half died due to government persecution, neglect and failure to provide the basic necessities of human life. Yes indeed,'basic human rights'. What a joke!
Geo

Canada

#2 Dec 19, 2006
That's what they do GfC, that's what they do...sigh.

I wonder if a Turk will speak up. I daresay they will now since I called them on. lol
KOLOKOTRONIS VALTETSI

Roswell, NM

#4 Mar 4, 2007
THE TURKISH SAVAGES ARE MUTE!THEY KNOW BETTER
Geo

Canada

#5 Mar 4, 2007
Funny and depressing to say the least how nobody dares post in here.
Toxteth Riot

UK

#6 Mar 5, 2007
"We are devoted to our Greek homeland, our country, the country in which we were born, that we love and that loves us. We have never lived better, because here, apart from religion, there is no other difference between us," the Imam said outside Didymotiho's mosque.

http://www.greekembassy.org/Embassy/content/e...
khan

Ankara, Turkey

#7 Mar 5, 2007
Toxteth Riot wrote:
"We are devoted to our Greek homeland, our country, the country in which we were born, that we love and that loves us. We have never lived better, because here, apart from religion, there is no other difference between us," the Imam said outside Didymotiho's mosque.
http://www.greekembassy.org/Embassy/content/e...
that is called diplomacy...in that way speaks arrmenian and jewish leaders ,in tr
SAV

Australia

#8 Sep 22, 2007
Those Turkish newspapers are always stiring up trouble. They don't mentioned what happened to the Greeks of Constantinople and the savagery the Turks installed upon the Greeks there. They just comment about human rights in other countries and they themselves have the world's most abusive Human Rights Record on the Planet. Damn Hypocrites! If it was any other country the Turks in Thrace would have been booted out at the same time the Turks booted out Constantinople Greeks. The Greeks are tooo kind and tooo humane. If the Thracian Turks dont like it they can always emigrate to Turkey. Why don't they? Because they live better under Greek law in GREECE than they would have under the Turkish law in Turkey.
SAV

Australia

#9 Sep 22, 2007
If they dont like it, leave, no one would give a shit! Hypocrites!
Choo-Choo

Ridderkerk, Netherlands

#10 Oct 10, 2007
You better study the history of greece/turkey good, cause you are talking like the turks were the badguys.
There was a trade between the turks and greek people and the and of the war. The greek who lived in turkey could go to greece and the turks who lived in Greece could go the turkey, they had that freedom to choosee.. So better stop pointing your finger to turkey. There was a war and both countries did good and bad.
Choo-Choo

Ridderkerk, Netherlands

#11 Oct 10, 2007
Those Turkish newspapers are always stiring up trouble. They don't mentioned what happened to the Greeks of Constantinople and the savagery the Turks installed upon the Greeks there. They just comment about human rights in other countries and they themselves have the world's most abusive Human Rights Record on the Planet. Damn Hypocrites! If it was any other country the Turks in Thrace would have been booted out at the same time the Turks booted out Constantinople Greeks. The Greeks are tooo kind and tooo humane. If the Thracian Turks dont like it they can always emigrate to Turkey. Why don't they? Because they live better under Greek law in GREECE than they would have under the Turkish law in Turkey.

SAV::: Taki this, there was a war going on, The Turks may have killed and raped the Greek, but the Greek were not much better then the turks.
The ancesters of the thracien turks are the Ottomans who ruled for almost 5 centurys in half of europe and north africa..And I`m a turkish tracier , born in greece and I`m proud that I was born there no matter what I am. And all of my grandfathers lived there for centuries, so do not come with your pathatic story about that if we don`t like it there we can go to turkey...
And why are the most greek in Istanbul ( and not Constantinopoli, that is passed my dear ;-))not go to greece ???? They have that freedom too..
No offcorse not, cause they don`t want to,just like the Turkish greek in Thracie....
SAV

Australia

#12 Oct 10, 2007
The Greeks have lived in Constantinople for thousands of years and yet in 1955, Turks there burnt there houses and shops and terrorised the greek population there forcing hundreds of thousands of Greeks whose ancestors have lived there for thousands of years to force emigrate back to Greece, without the Greek population havent done anything wrong. The stupidity of the Turks doing this forced Grek business's to close putting a dent intom the Turkish economy and forcing thousands of other Turks out of work, those who worked for or had business dealings with the Greek business's there.
Overall I do not hate the Greek turks of Thrace,
But it makes me angry When the Turkish GVT has the gall no balls might I ad, to complain to the Greek Gvt about the treatment of the Thracian Turks. This is just propaganda. I do not believe the Turkish GVT is sincere and that they doing really give a shit about the Greek Turks of Thrace. They just want to stir up trouble, to say hey look Greece carries out Human Rights abuses, as we in Turkey do. It is unfortunate that the Greek Turks of Thrace are the meat in the sandwich in this scenario.
anonymous

Hungary

#13 Oct 19, 2007
SAV wrote:
The Greeks have lived in Constantinople for thousands of years and yet in 1955, Turks there burnt there houses and shops and terrorised the greek population there forcing hundreds of thousands of Greeks whose ancestors have lived there for thousands of years to force emigrate back to Greece, without the Greek population havent done anything wrong. The stupidity of the Turks doing this forced Grek business's to close putting a dent intom the Turkish economy and forcing thousands of other Turks out of work, those who worked for or had business dealings with the Greek business's there.
Overall I do not hate the Greek turks of Thrace,
But it makes me angry When the Turkish GVT has the gall no balls might I ad, to complain to the Greek Gvt about the treatment of the Thracian Turks. This is just propaganda. I do not believe the Turkish GVT is sincere and that they doing really give a shit about the Greek Turks of Thrace. They just want to stir up trouble, to say hey look Greece carries out Human Rights abuses, as we in Turkey do. It is unfortunate that the Greek Turks of Thrace are the meat in the sandwich in this scenario.
and somre propelry forced to become muslims or turk, i'm meet turk who look quite very greek (no offence to greeks) but i would just wound and look at them think are you sure ur family weren't forced to convert to islam? but i wouldn't say this out loadly!

Turk have NOTHING to do with thracian!!!! thracians lived long along! turks came after C13TH ad! and bullgars came after C7th ad! thats after crist!!!!!
anonymous

Hungary

#14 Oct 19, 2007
stop with the bullsh*t turks u are not thrace!!!! so stop callin urs self that, thracian are ancient ppl u are barbaric! u came during the C12th ad! and bthe bullgars sould shut up because they are slavs! only came during the C7th ad! this is after crist!!!!

Thracians are not greeks, but they were highly influenced by greek, so some greeks might have thracian blood, even turks that were actaully turkanized and don't know it might have thracian blood in them. who knows what happened to these ppl!

oh by the way i'm albanian from kosovaaaa, meny turk love to call us their brother, so they can get away with murder, because we are muslim :roll: its all politics!!!!! the only brothers we have is albania and macedonia (albanian part) including croatia! not turkey!
anonymous

Hungary

#15 Oct 19, 2007
oh by the way i don't like greeks because you killed albanians in northern greece, and southern albania (and you still do sometimes)
and meny of you are very ignorant towards us when it comes to meeting an albanian, most of you never think before you speak!
KONSTANTINOUPOLI S

Athens, Greece

#16 Oct 19, 2007
Oh reeeeeeealy??????????
And Greeks of Konstantinoupolis have not rights at all! You know why??????
Because THERE ARE NOT ANY GREEKS LEFT there after the POGROMS against them!

YEAAAAAAA!! WE WON inside KONSTANTINOUPOLIS (
(and we are already in EURO 2008!)
And now you may piss off you and your Turkish daily news (who i suppose they will watch Euro 2008 from their tv screens! hihihihihi)
KONSTANTINOUPOLI S

Athens, Greece

#17 Oct 19, 2007
and next time send a better national football team to qualify in EURO,because the team we saw is rather for Euro Junior Song Contest, not for EURO!
Peter

Grand Forks, Canada

#18 Jun 4, 2008
The Turks still are the bad guys - as are the muslims in general. I have never seen an act of Christian violence in my life. I have seen lots of atheist violence, but no Christian violence. But every one in every islamic country has seen islamic violence.

And by the way, what about the actual Thracians? Oh yeah, how big is the remnant surviving that the muslims didn't kill off? In fact, Turks can never be Thracians.

There are Turks in my country who miss their families there, but hate Turkey.
Peter

Grand Forks, Canada

#19 Jun 4, 2008
Choo-choo, I like non-islamic Turks just fine. But the Turks that follow that false prophet, the antichrist which CHRIST warned the victims of the Turks and Arabs of, through the Apocalypse of the Holy Apostle and Prophet John, can go back to the Mongolian steppes, and return the countries of Asia MInor to the few survivors of those over a dozen nations they and the Arabs committed genocide on. However, the Mongolin steppes deserve a rest too. And the Arabs can give back the countries of Assyria, Phoenicia, Aram, Egypt, Lybia, and those made into Jordan back. And the Yemenites can leave the Christian population of Soqotra to themselves.
protestan Turk

Tekirdag, Turkey

#22 Sep 16, 2008
Independent WEST THRACE REPUBLIC
nikos

Athens, Greece

#23 Sep 16, 2008
Macedonia' s History
( http://www.macedonia.info/history.htm )
( http://www.macedonia.info/fyrom.htm )

Frequently Asked Questions on Macedonia
( http://www.macedonia.info/FAQ.htm )

Macedonia in Religion throughout the Ages
( http://www.panmacedonian.info/Religion%20in%2 ...)

ALEXANDER AND CHRISTIANITY
( http://www.macedonia.info/Martis_connection.h ...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thraki, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Mar '16 MUSLIMS RSAVAGES 4
News Golden Dawn clashes with Roma during raid on Ka... (Apr '13) Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 5
News Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 9
News Boss of Greek highway parking lot arrested over... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sunday 1
News Greek vacationer murdered by Englishman in London (Jan '15) Jan '15 no means no 1
News How Turkey contributes to democratic income sha... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Lesvos Aegean isl... 1
News Greece: Clashes break out at anti-fascist protest (Sep '13) Oct '13 Democracy 2
More from around the web