Babacan's visit to Greece to awake dormant questions

Dec 4, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Turkish Daily News

“Greece continues to refuse to allow the functioning of foundations and unions that describe themselves as "Turkish.”

Only one week ago we were watching online the proceedings in the European Court of Human Rights on the case of the Greek Orthodox Fener Patriarchate against Turkey over the Greek Orphanage of Prinkipo Island. via Turkish Daily News

Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Sep 11, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Serkan

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

ARMAND WAGNER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm asking because I want to be sure , so they can , thats good to know! How about my second question "How long before they are beatin up or killed " like Hrant Dink for instance and this Greek reporter now.
If in Turkey people would be killed for calling themselves Armenian, Greek or Kurd, thousands should have been murdered daily.

Hrant was murdered by a kid and I am upset for that. But it has nothing to do with what we talk about. And many other journalists were murdered in Turkey before as well (especially before 1980), and they were all Turks. Hrant is the least skilled in terms of intellect and influence among those journalists that have been murdered. We lost great figures such as Ugur Mumcu, Cetin Emec, Ahmet Taner Kislali or Abdi Ipekci. Hrant's murder is not a special case apart from the fact that he was of Armenian descent and his death is now being used by Armenian lobby to further its campaign.

I answer your posts seriously but you do not read what I write. All you want to do is to slander Turkey. But your lack lack of information about Turkey is obvious. And that makes you boring..
Tura

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

ARMAND WAGNER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'am from Turkey and you are wrong in believing Armenians are brainwashed (for the most part they are not) its you who are fed simple answers to a complex multilayered subject of Genocide by your state and gulping it up two fisted.WAAAAAKE UPPPPPP!
Well something is wrong. Because i do have many Armenian friends that still lives in Turkey
(they define themselves ethically Armenian but Turkish) and they have no hatred towards Turks. They peacefully live among us. And thats why hundreds of thousands of people marched into Dink's funeral when he was murdered. They hold banners that said "We are all Armenian"
Only this is a solid example of how Turks think about Armenians in general.
But those of you that lives outside of Turkey ruins that good image "our Armenians" created for your people.
Dont give me examples about exremes and try to prove your point correct. Turks in general had no problem with Armenians until you start to blame us for something that happened even when our country was born.

Look buddy. I carry the passport of Turkish Republic.(TC) And therefore i am willing to accept any responsibilty of its actions only.
I am not an ottoman citizen, therefore why would i take blame for something that happened back in their time. Ottomans were an empire mixed with many different ethnically diverse groups, you even accept the fact that most of the killins were done by Kurds, so go up to them and complain, they are your murdereds, not us.

What would happen if i declare Los Angeles needs to be part of Mexico and the United States was an illegal occupying force.
What would happen? I would get deported.

Thats what we did. we deported those of you that were a threat.(yes even young children because eventually they will grow up and be just like their parents)
And where did most died? In Syria.
So go up to Kurds & Syrians for this.
We werent part of any.
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well something is wrong. Because i do have many Armenian friends that still lives in Turkey
(they define themselves ethically Armenian but Turkish) and they have no hatred towards Turks. They peacefully live among us. And thats why hundreds of thousands of people marched into Dink's funeral when he was murdered. They hold banners that said "We are all Armenian"
Only this is a solid example of how Turks think about Armenians in general.
Over 5 Million Turks believe Genocide happenned including Armenians in Turkey, so whats your point?
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>

But those of you that lives outside of Turkey ruins that good image "our Armenians" created for your people.
Turks are the only ones that can accept the Genocide it can't be forced upon them but we on the outside will continue the state to allow this to happen , and theres not a thing you can do about that!
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Should say *Continue to "pressure" the state , up tiop ,sorry
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>

What would happen if i declare Los Angeles needs to be part of Mexico and the United States was an illegal occupying force.
When did Armenians in Turkey declared independence?
I missed that one!
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>

What would happen? I would get deported.
Thats what we did. we deported those of you that were a threat.(yes even young children because eventually they will grow up and be just like their parents)
I guess you considered 95% of Armenians living in Turkey a threat?
ARMAND WAGNER

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>

And where did most died? In Syria.
So go up to Kurds & Syrians for this.
We werent part of any.
And let me ask you this if it had nothing to do with you , why are you defending GENOCIDE!
Mahraja

Kiel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Judged:

Babacan is gay and every turks know that but becouse he is like ataorospu nobody talk about that, there are so many they had sex with him and many they said even he wear women clothes as transvistit. may be he visit Greece to find a good real greek man to be his husband
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Mahraja wrote:
Babacan is gay and every turks know that but becouse he is like ataorospu nobody talk about that, there are so many they had sex with him and many they said even he wear women clothes as transvistit. may be he visit Greece to find a good real greek man to be his husband
Do u think you really hurt anybody's feelings with your post?? Even if you wanna insult, be somewhat creative.

And how old are you??
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2007

Serkan wrote:
<quoted text>
You "legal" Greeks are really funny people :)
So, it is "illegal" for the Turks in Greece to call themselves as Turks :))) Interesting..
And Turkish intervention in Cyprus in "illegal". Even if GCs were murdering Turks, Turkey could not intervene because it was not legal :))))
The name of Republic of Macedonia is "illegal", because according to Greeks, the legal owner of the name is Greeks :)))
All the World laughs at you..
The world laughs at Turkey because with all that military might it still lacks the power to change the realities you mentioned above.

The point is not that it might be right or wrong with these policies. Dumbass.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2007

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
What genocide are you talking about? How easy to call deaths during war a genocide!
What about the entire armenian population that was living in Istanbul? Did they got killed? NO
so what does this mean? it means it wasnt an organized mass murder against a race, if it was the armenians that live far away from the eastern border would have been dead too.
What happened was the only solution ottoman army had when they were facing much bigger enemies at the same time they were dealing with the rebellious armenians.
Armenians keeps arguing about this genocide debate because it is the only thing they are known for, who knows anything else about Armenians? nobody!
Yeah and Hitler called it the Final SOLUTION. Turkey wanted a solution to its problems so it started killing Christians in the millions. Why don't you give us a clear cut definition of genocide if you disagree.

By the way, Constantinople is not in Anatolia. It's considered a European city. At least it was...lol

And that is why it's called a genocide. Armenian homeland is not in Constantinople. Pontic Greeks, Anatolian Greeks. Many different references take your pick. The city was still called Constantinople until after the population exchange but before the pogrom.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2007

Judged:

Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have Armenian-Turk friends back home so dont try to teach me stuff about Armenians, i grew up with them. But you and your parents branwashed you and innocent armenians like you sooo much that at one point you think every turkish is a bloodthirsty barbarian that jumped out of a comic page
Actually it's more the diaspora than the Armenians of Armenia.

Maybe you should blame the information available in the States and the rest of the world concerning the genocide?
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2007

Judged:

Serkan is a funny fellow.
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Geo wrote:
<quoted text>
The world laughs at Turkey because with all that military might it still lacks the power to change the realities you mentioned above.
The point is not that it might be right or wrong with these policies. Dumbass.
What do u want Turkey to do? Should it put a gun on your head and make you tell that people in Thrace are Turks?? Or tell you to recognize TRNC?? Who cares!! People in Thrace are Turks no matter what you call them. And there is TRNC in North Cyprus whether you like it or not. If you don't believe me, try to pass the border without showing your passport dumbass.

Maybe you might have wanna wage a war on Turkey if you had Turkey's military power. But Turkey is a civilized country and we don't use our military might without running out of diplomatic solutions Mr Dickhead=Sikkafa in Turkish LOL!!
SADO

Ankara, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

YEAR 1453 CONSTANTINOPLE WAITING NEW OWNERS AND FALLING
SUPER IMPRESSIVE SHORT CLIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cypro

Umina, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

SADO wrote:
YEAR 2008 CONSTANTINOPLE WAITING NEW GREEK OWNERS AND TURKS FALLING
SUPER IMPRESSIVE!
Great News!
Grikfkr

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

greek

an@l sex. Used mostly as a euphemism in prostitution circles.
I looked at the newspaper ad of 'Lola', she specifically said 'No Greek'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thraki, Greece Discussions

Search the Thraki, Greece Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
Greece: Clashes break out at anti-fascist protest (Sep '13) Oct '13 Democracy 2
Irish and Swedish tax officials to advise Greec... (Jul '13) Jul '13 dj spin 1
Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Jun '13 fghScamm 8
Taxi service liberalization in limbo (Feb '12) Jun '13 Rented 3
Hollande to visit Greece on Tuesday, eyeing sup... (Feb '13) Jun '13 Redsa 3
Diplomatic Diary: Greece, Bulgaria to open bord... (Apr '07) Jun '13 Nhbfhbff 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••