SEEMO concerned about physical attack...

SEEMO concerned about physical attack on journalist Abdulhalim Dede

There are 28 comments on the EMPortal News story from Mar 1, 2009, titled SEEMO concerned about physical attack on journalist Abdulhalim Dede. In it, EMPortal News reports that:

SEEMO, is deeply concerned about the physical attack on journalist Abdulhalim Dede on 19 February while he was on-air during the morning programme, Kalimera Ellada, broadcast by the Athens-based Antenna TV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EMPortal News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
American for Justice

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Mar 2, 2009
What a bunch of provocative BULL! Greece belongs to Greeks. Hands off Greece by any BASTARDS from wherever in the world. Greeks do not care what people with the values of a cockroach think or do. F*CK OFF ANIMALS!
Democracy United States

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2009
American for Justice wrote:
What a bunch of provocative BULL! Greece belongs to Greeks. Hands off Greece by any BASTARDS from wherever in the world. Greeks do not care what people with the values of a cockroach think or do. F*CK OFF ANIMALS!
Amen.
Greek Islander

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2009
What goes around comes around....
Turks have been attacking the Greek community living in Constantinople, Imvros and Tenedos for decades, actually I should say for centuries. Do the Turks forget the riots of 1955 in Constantinople when in only one night the Turks burnt 73 Greek Orthodox Churches, destroyed 4,348 Greek busineses, damaged over one thousand Greek homes and raped dozens of Greek women.

Now unfortunatly the Turks try to provoke new problems in the region by using the muslim minority in Western Thrace. Well all they are doing is creating hatred which in turn creates violence. From time to time Turks create these incidents for propaganda against Greece....we're used to it.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#4 Mar 2, 2009
If citizens of Greece harbor fascist feelings for a country such as Turkey on Greece's own soil (with all the history between the two that someone like a journalist should know) then they deserve every attack on them they get.

Greeks would get destroyed if the same thing were to happen in Albania/Skopia/Turkey.

Democracy needs a little tweaking to weed out the criminal minds and intentions.
Democracy United States

United States

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Geo wrote:
If citizens of Greece harbor fascist feelings for a country such as Turkey on Greece's own soil (with all the history between the two that someone like a journalist should know) then they deserve every attack on them they get.
Greeks would get destroyed if the same thing were to happen in Albania/Skopia/Turkey.
Democracy needs a little tweaking to weed out the criminal minds and intentions.
"Fascists" is what someone would call another who is defending their country.
Democracy United States

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Greek Islander wrote:
What goes around comes around....
Turks have been attacking the Greek community living in Constantinople, Imvros and Tenedos for decades, actually I should say for centuries. Do the Turks forget the riots of 1955 in Constantinople when in only one night the Turks burnt 73 Greek Orthodox Churches, destroyed 4,348 Greek busineses, damaged over one thousand Greek homes and raped dozens of Greek women.
Now unfortunatly the Turks try to provoke new problems in the region by using the muslim minority in Western Thrace. Well all they are doing is creating hatred which in turn creates violence. From time to time Turks create these incidents for propaganda against Greece....we're used to it.
Hellas needs to kick the turks out left from right not to pacify them. They do that stuff to the asia minor greeks who are in their country and we have them in our country for what?????????? For god's sake the greek government teaches them turkish! They pay for it is that true????????!!

Katalaveno pola ti ginete. He tourki mas ehoune taraksi. Ala to problema then einai pou tous fovoumaste einai pou then to ehome katalavi akoma ti mas sinadaee. Einai kai kabosi ellines kathikia pou then agnorizone elliniko ema prota------ adi apo ta lefta.

Greece needs to put her own economic sanctions on Turkey.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#7 Mar 2, 2009
What Greece needs to do is take a tougher stand on Turks/Turkey and foreigners in general. The Turks cannot declare war on Greece so no harm done.

If Turkey loses its EU candidate status, it will be the second that Turkey's days as a country are numbered.

Partition among the rightful owners.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Mar 2, 2009
American for Justice wrote:
You Greeks should do the same when it comes to Republic of Macedonia...KEEP YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF!!!
Democracy United States

United States

#9 Mar 2, 2009
Geo wrote:
What Greece needs to do is take a tougher stand on Turks/Turkey and foreigners in general. The Turks cannot declare war on Greece so no harm done.
If Turkey loses its EU candidate status, it will be the second that Turkey's days as a country are numbered.
Partition among the rightful owners.
Sanctions! Sanctions! I want Turkey to stay as far away from greece.
American for Justice

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Mar 2, 2009
some-1 wrote:
<quoted text>You Greeks should do the same when it comes to Republic of Macedonia...KEEP YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF!!!
Macedonia is part of Greece, you animal! So, keep your dirty hands off Greece, you low life, if you don't want to be crushed. Go f*ck with Turks!

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Since: Jan 09

Athens

#11 Mar 2, 2009
I remember having seen this Dede guy on greek t.v invited several times to speak about his areas of interest and he was playing the open guy and the multi-culti,saying that he was a Greek by birth etc;and then I saw a hidden camera short film of Dede speaking to turcophones in Komotini (made by anyone of the people Dede seemed to have been threatening to say they were a Turks and THAT THEY WERE NOT either Greeks or Pomacs!)well,I must say I had a shock with the two sides of that man's personna!
In the closed turcophenes meeting he was just a hard liner Turk propagandist promoting turkish agendas inside Greece!
Let us say that a Democracy can withstand the activities of even little rats like journalist Mr.ABDULAHIM DEDE.
Greek Islander

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Mar 3, 2009
lilalo wrote:
I remember having seen this Dede guy on greek t.v invited several times to speak about his areas of interest and he was playing the open guy and the multi-culti,saying that he was a Greek by birth etc;and then I saw a hidden camera short film of Dede speaking to turcophones in Komotini (made by anyone of the people Dede seemed to have been threatening to say they were a Turks and THAT THEY WERE NOT either Greeks or Pomacs!)well,I must say I had a shock with the two sides of that man's personna!
In the closed turcophenes meeting he was just a hard liner Turk propagandist promoting turkish agendas inside Greece!
Let us say that a Democracy can withstand the activities of even little rats like journalist Mr.ABDULAHIM DEDE.
Yes, Turkey uses the muslim minority in Thrace for propaganda and political reasons. They destroyed, killed, raped and burned everything Greek in Turkey and now they dare complain that Greece is treating them badly. The Lausanne Treaty which Turkey signed created balance between the Greeks of Constantinople and the Muslim Minority in Western Thrace. The Greeks in Constantinople today are only 2,000 while the muslims in Thrace are over 100,000. Initially there where over 200,000 Greeks in the city of Constantinople alone but because of intense persecution the population has dropped to 2,000.

If things should be balanced then 98,000 muslims should leave Greece and move to Turkey. Thats only fair....right? vre aisiktir
Democracy United States

United States

#13 Mar 3, 2009
Greek Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Turkey uses the muslim minority in Thrace for propaganda and political reasons. They destroyed, killed, raped and burned everything Greek in Turkey and now they dare complain that Greece is treating them badly. The Lausanne Treaty which Turkey signed created balance between the Greeks of Constantinople and the Muslim Minority in Western Thrace. The Greeks in Constantinople today are only 2,000 while the muslims in Thrace are over 100,000. Initially there where over 200,000 Greeks in the city of Constantinople alone but because of intense persecution the population has dropped to 2,000.
If things should be balanced then 98,000 muslims should leave Greece and move to Turkey. Thats only fair....right? vre aisiktir
And amesos prepi na gini.
Greek Islander

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Mar 3, 2009
Democracy United States wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellas needs to kick the turks out left from right not to pacify them. They do that stuff to the asia minor greeks who are in their country and we have them in our country for what?????????? For god's sake the greek government teaches them turkish! They pay for it is that true????????!!
Katalaveno pola ti ginete. He tourki mas ehoune taraksi. Ala to problema then einai pou tous fovoumaste einai pou then to ehome katalavi akoma ti mas sinadaee. Einai kai kabosi ellines kathikia pou then agnorizone elliniko ema prota------ adi apo ta lefta.
Greece needs to put her own economic sanctions on Turkey.
A few years ago I was flying to Greece and in the seat next to me was a Greek military officer. He was in the US for some sort of training. He told me he was born and raised in Western Thrace and knew the muslim minority very well. He said in 1974 during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus the muslims of Thrace paniced and ran for the Turkish border....the Greek government pleaded with them to return to their homes in Greece and assured them no harm would come to them. I cant understand why the Greek government wanted them to stay?? was it for more leverage with the Patriarchate? Would the Turks attack the Patriarchate if the muslim minority left Greece?
The officer didn't know the answer to my questions either. It was a very interesting conversation though.
Democracy United States

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2009
Greek Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago I was flying to Greece and in the seat next to me was a Greek military officer. He was in the US for some sort of training. He told me he was born and raised in Western Thrace and knew the muslim minority very well. He said in 1974 during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus the muslims of Thrace paniced and ran for the Turkish border....the Greek government pleaded with them to return to their homes in Greece and assured them no harm would come to them. I cant understand why the Greek government wanted them to stay?? was it for more leverage with the Patriarchate? Would the Turks attack the Patriarchate if the muslim minority left Greece?
The officer didn't know the answer to my questions either. It was a very interesting conversation though.
It was probably leverage.

And it could also be that the turks would've attacked the patriarchate a little bit I believe that in a minor way not their normal major monstrous way.

And it could also be that the greek government feels sorry for them because there's some greek traitors in the greek government who adhere to the muslim religion. But more I think it's because the greek government is stupid period.

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Athens

#16 Mar 4, 2009
Greek Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS A GREAT WONDER HOW TURKEY DARES IN 2009!
They have persecuted,killed pushed out of Turkey Ethnic Greeks -who were there before the arrival of the Turks-,these Greeks and those of Smyrna and Pontos were also stripped of all properties!
In Constantiniple 200 000 people were deported in many phases,confication of property was the name of the game.Only 2000 mainly old people live there now.The opposite is true about the muslims of Komotini.They were in 1922 80 000 and are now 140 000,because Greece does not persecute them.They also elect MPs for the Greek Parliament while the Turks keep the right for themselves to have a say in everything the Greeks do in that country,and they have NO RIGHTS whatsoever!

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Athens

#17 Mar 4, 2009
The Turks have never compensated the Hellenes neither on moral grounds for the persecution of these people out of their homeland where most of whom lived in present day Turkey since mythological times,nor did they ever returned the large properties especially of the citizens of Constantinople they just 'took' off these people.
Why hide it?Turkey is commiting theft against Greeks and the Byzantium of course!
The thing that comes out is that Turkey is the Great Bankrupt in the whole of the Mediterranean!
Question is:what sort of a "power" is Turkey the squanderer of other peoples wealth?
Greek Islander

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Mar 4, 2009
lilalo wrote:
The Turks have never compensated the Hellenes neither on moral grounds for the persecution of these people out of their homeland where most of whom lived in present day Turkey since mythological times,nor did they ever returned the large properties especially of the citizens of Constantinople they just 'took' off these people.
Why hide it?Turkey is commiting theft against Greeks and the Byzantium of course!
The thing that comes out is that Turkey is the Great Bankrupt in the whole of the Mediterranean!
Question is:what sort of a "power" is Turkey the squanderer of other peoples wealth?
I think things are starting to change in Turkey. Don't listen to the Kemalist Greywolves on this site. Educated Turks are finally facing their brutal national legacy. There is a new movie in Turkey called Guz Sancisi. It is about the 1955 anti-Greek riots in Constantinople.

Guz Sancisi
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do...

Greek Islander

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Mar 4, 2009
more good news........
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUS...

The Turkish government is still confiscationg Greek Church properties but at least something is being done to put an end to it.
Democracy United States

United States

#20 Mar 4, 2009
Afti kanoun afta kai

h Ellada lei prepi kai na tous thosoume akoma kai pipila stous tourkous. Na tous kanoume pacify.

Me ti halia ehoume? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Komotini, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Mar '16 MUSLIMS RSAVAGES 4
News Golden Dawn clashes with Roma during raid on Ka... (Apr '13) Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 5
KEEP THE MUSLIMS OUT of GREECE! Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 1
News Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 9
ALL ISLAMIC TURKOMONGOLS lN THRACE==>>WILL BE E... Mar '16 ALLMUSLIMS RSAVAGES 1
News Diplomatic Diary: Greece, Bulgaria to open bord... (Apr '07) Jun '13 Nhbfhbff 6
News Alexandroupoli mayor raps minister over migrant... (Aug '12) Jun '13 Gray 13
More from around the web