Babacan's visit to Greece to awake do...

Babacan's visit to Greece to awake dormant questions

There are 38 comments on the Turkish Daily News story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Babacan's visit to Greece to awake dormant questions. In it, Turkish Daily News reports that:

“Greece continues to refuse to allow the functioning of foundations and unions that describe themselves as "Turkish.”

Only one week ago we were watching online the proceedings in the European Court of Human Rights on the case of the Greek Orthodox Fener Patriarchate against Turkey over the Greek Orphanage of Prinkipo Island. via Turkish Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Turkish Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carlisle

Australia

#1 Dec 4, 2007
TYPICAL TURKS. They want everything and give nothing in return. Hypocrites! If they want to call themselves Turks in Thrace then go live in Turkey and call yourselves Turks there. No one will miss you.
ARMAND WAGNER

San Bernardino, CA

#2 Dec 4, 2007
Yasu Hellas!
Atilla

Caerphilly, UK

#3 Dec 6, 2007
and you think the same argumant can be valid for the Greeks in Turkey, too? How about if the Turks say Patriarche should go to Greece?
Greece do not need enemies with friends like you Carlisle..
Everyone has a right to call himself whatever he/she wants.
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Dec 6, 2007
Carlisle wrote:
TYPICAL TURKS. They want everything and give nothing in return. Hypocrites! If they want to call themselves Turks in Thrace then go live in Turkey and call yourselves Turks there. No one will miss you.
Are you stupid?? People can call themsleves whatever they are and whatever they want to be. Greeks in Turkey are Greeks, and Turks in Greece are Turks. Citizenship and identity are different things.
You should be sick to make it a big deal that people claim their identities.
You seem like a racist moronic idiot..
ARAMAND WAGNER

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2007
Can a Greek Turkish citizen call himself Greek in Turkey ? without getting beat up? or how many times can he say he's Greek before he gets beat up or killed?
Carlisle

Australia

#6 Dec 6, 2007
ARAMAND WAGNER wrote:
Can a Greek Turkish citizen call himself Greek in Turkey ? without getting beat up? or how many times can he say he's Greek before he gets beat up or killed?
Excellent point there 'Aramand Wagner'
Carlisle

Australia

#7 Dec 6, 2007
Serkan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?? People can call themsleves whatever they are and whatever they want to be. Greeks in Turkey are Greeks, and Turks in Greece are Turks. Citizenship and identity are different things.
Read the Ref, jerk*ff,in prev forum 'Greek Journalist attacked in Constantinople" Apprx a million Greeks lived in Constantinople at the turn of the century. Now there are only 3000. Babacan should take back to Turkey with him all the Turks in Thrace and in all of Greece to make up for the population loss in Constantinople.
I am not a racist dirtbag. Simply stating the facts.
The Turks seek their rights when living in other countries, Yet destroy the rights of their own minorities in Turkey. Hypocrites!
Tura

Gentilly, France

#8 Dec 6, 2007
ARAMAND WAGNER wrote:
You are armenian and this topic has nothing to with you but as always you come and try to provoke turks in this forum.
This is the shining example of an armenian, sneaks into every topic and turn it into a genocide debate or an anti-turkish propaganda.

I dont know what your parents brainwashed you with but wake up because you are no different than those suicide bombers. both of you are brainwashed with false promises and lies.
ARMAND WAGNER

San Bernardino, CA

#9 Dec 6, 2007
ARAMAND WAGNER wrote:
This question is about nothing other then human rights!
And begs to be answered, neeeeext!
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#10 Dec 6, 2007
Serkan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha how ignorant. Not in this case child. Those Turks (exempted from a heavy hand back during the population exchange) are a muslim minority. They are tied to the Treaty of Lausanne that designates them as such. So Greece has no obligation to recognize them as Turks nor can they conduct business as Turks.
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#11 Dec 6, 2007
Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
You are armenian and this topic has nothing to with you but as always you come and try to provoke turks in this forum.
This is the shining example of an armenian, sneaks into every topic and turn it into a genocide debate or an anti-turkish propaganda.
I dont know what your parents brainwashed you with but wake up because you are no different than those suicide bombers. both of you are brainwashed with false promises and lies.
So you want to commit genocide and let everyone forget about it later? Do you honestly believe that you would not be opposed by the people of today? Ignorance! Turks want everything on a silver platter! Including Christian heads to order whenever they like!
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Dec 6, 2007
ARAMAND WAGNER wrote:
Yes they can. And they do it everyday. Kurds call themselves Kurds, Greeks call themselves Greeks, and Armenians call themselves Armenians in Turkey. You don't know anything about Turkey but you like to make a lot of assumptions.

It is just the sick Greek mentality that refuses to call the Turks in its country as what they are. As if they will convince them that they are not Turks. But it is not a shock to me, Greek mentality always amazes me and makes me laugh :)
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Dec 6, 2007
Carlisle wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Ref, jerk*ff,in prev forum 'Greek Journalist attacked in Constantinople" Apprx a million Greeks lived in Constantinople at the turn of the century. Now there are only 3000. Babacan should take back to Turkey with him all the Turks in Thrace and in all of Greece to make up for the population loss in Constantinople.
I am not a racist dirtbag. Simply stating the facts.
The Turks seek their rights when living in other countries, Yet destroy the rights of their own minorities in Turkey. Hypocrites!
Your reference sucks. There have never been 1 million Greeks in Istanbul. Make some research..
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Dec 6, 2007
Geo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha how ignorant. Not in this case child. Those Turks (exempted from a heavy hand back during the population exchange) are a muslim minority. They are tied to the Treaty of Lausanne that designates them as such. So Greece has no obligation to recognize them as Turks nor can they conduct business as Turks.
You "legal" Greeks are really funny people :)

So, it is "illegal" for the Turks in Greece to call themselves as Turks :))) Interesting..

And Turkish intervention in Cyprus in "illegal". Even if GCs were murdering Turks, Turkey could not intervene because it was not legal :))))

The name of Republic of Macedonia is "illegal", because according to Greeks, the legal owner of the name is Greeks :)))

All the World laughs at you..
Tura

Paris, France

#15 Dec 6, 2007
Geo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to commit genocide and let everyone forget about it later? Do you honestly believe that you would not be opposed by the people of today? Ignorance! Turks want everything on a silver platter! Including Christian heads to order whenever they like!
What genocide are you talking about? How easy to call deaths during war a genocide!
What about the entire armenian population that was living in Istanbul? Did they got killed? NO
so what does this mean? it means it wasnt an organized mass murder against a race, if it was the armenians that live far away from the eastern border would have been dead too.
What happened was the only solution ottoman army had when they were facing much bigger enemies at the same time they were dealing with the rebellious armenians.

Armenians keeps arguing about this genocide debate because it is the only thing they are known for, who knows anything else about Armenians? nobody!
Poster

Melbourne, Australia

#16 Dec 7, 2007
Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
What genocide are you talking about? How easy to call deaths during war a genocide!
What about the entire armenian population that was living in Istanbul? Did they got killed? NO
so what does this mean? it means it wasnt an organized mass murder against a race, if it was the armenians that live far away from the eastern border would have been dead too.
What happened was the only solution ottoman army had when they were facing much bigger enemies at the same time they were dealing with the rebellious armenians.
Armenians keeps arguing about this genocide debate because it is the only thing they are known for, who knows anything else about Armenians? nobody!
Armenians are known for their great chess brains.
And many Armenian scientists in the Soviet era. A very educated people everywhere they are.
Tura

Paris, France

#17 Dec 7, 2007
Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Armenians are known for their great chess brains.
And many Armenian scientists in the Soviet era. A very educated people everywhere they are.
I do have Armenian-Turk friends back home so dont try to teach me stuff about Armenians, i grew up with them. But you and your parents branwashed you and innocent armenians like you sooo much that at one point you think every turkish is a bloodthirsty barbarian that jumped out of a comic page
ARMAND WAGNER

San Bernardino, CA

#18 Dec 7, 2007
Serkan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they can. And they do it everyday. Kurds call themselves Kurds, Greeks call themselves Greeks, and Armenians call themselves Armenians in Turkey. You don't know anything about Turkey but you like to make a lot of assumptions.
:)
I'm asking because I want to be sure , so they can , thats good to know! How about my second question "How long before they are beatin up or killed " like Hrant Dink for instance and this Greek reporter now.
ARMAND WAGNER

San Bernardino, CA

#19 Dec 7, 2007
Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep deceiving yourself (among other issues) about your national identity.But you are in the minority.
ARMAND WAGNER

San Bernardino, CA

#20 Dec 7, 2007
Tura wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have Armenian-Turk friends back home so dont try to teach me stuff about Armenians, i grew up with them. But you and your parents branwashed you and innocent armenians like you sooo much that at one point you think every turkish is a bloodthirsty barbarian that jumped out of a comic page
I'am from Turkey and you are wrong in believing Armenians are brainwashed (for the most part they are not) its you who are fed simple answers to a complex multilayered subject of Genocide by your state and gulping it up two fisted.WAAAAAKE UPPPPPP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Komotini, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greece not taking positive steps on minority is... (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
News Irregular Migrants Face the Boot in Greece (Sep '12) Jun '13 fghScamm 8
News Diplomatic Diary: Greece, Bulgaria to open bord... (Apr '07) Jun '13 Nhbfhbff 6
News Alexandroupoli mayor raps minister over migrant... (Aug '12) Jun '13 Gray 13
News Officials Turn Blind Eye to Abuse of Asylum See... (Mar '13) Jun '13 Faith 4
News Thessaloniki Mayor Boutaris defends mosque move (Apr '13) Apr '13 Greek Islander 14
News Golden Dawn clashes with Roma during raid on Ka... (Apr '13) Apr '13 european2012 4
More from around the web