Furyk holds US Open lead, Simpson a shot back

Jun 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper

A fan wears a costume as they watch Tiger Woods on the fourth tee during the fourth round of the U.S. Open Championship golf tournament Sunday, June 17, 2012, at The Olympic Club in San Francisco.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Doc

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Dear USGA,

I will make this short for now but I intend to follow it with a more detailed criticism. The lack of preparation in regards to
the post championship trophy presentation was abysmal. Your lack of foresight in preventing that disgraceful episode by a mentally
deranged individual is unforgivable. You have now opened yourself up for every mentally deranged publicity seeking moron
to disrupt future events. If you think I'm overstating the issue just look at the unruly, boisterous, vulgar, individuals who now attend
what was at one time a polite and courteous gallery of ardent golf fans who behaved in a civilized manner.

I tell you this has opened the door. You should have had squads of police ringing the presentation as well as many plainclothes detectives
preventing this from happening. Stupid Bob Costas even kept running his mouth re: the miscreant as he was led away. I am telling you now
your lack of judgement and protection/prevention was egregious. You should be ashamed of your failure.

But you and most especially the PGA have encouraged this type of customer and behavior over the years. Yelling, screaming, outrageous
clothing, the sale of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated individuals. Think I jest? Check the two clowns standing directly behind Furek (sic)
as he tee'd off at 1. The Waste Management Open fiasco every year, Bill Murray dragging old women into sand traps. I have news for you.
You've invited these mutants into your events and then let them run loose!!

If you don't take steps to correct this security nightmare and get rid of these people and stop their behavior my wife and I will
not be joining next year, Very shameful in what should have been a touching and triumphant moment in the history of the USGA.

In case you're wondering I began playing golf and caddying at Chicago Golf Club, one of the five founding members of the USGA, some 55 years ago.
I am a civilized person and a civilized golfer. I expect the USGA to live up to that standard in both the players and the fans.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Wow, just 'wow!!! I'm sure they will change their ways asap so they can keep your membership. The 'open' tournaments have always been a class tournament and one little occurrence brings you out of the 'woodwork'??? I am sure nothing like this happens in all other sports and the USGA should pay attention to your whining. I guess you didn't get front row seats for the presentation, huh???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Webb Simpson Discussions

Search the Webb Simpson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mickelson putts way to 67, 1 shot behind Cabrera May '14 Bill Lewis 1
RBC Heritage Notes: 2013 runner-up Webb Simpson... Apr '14 jim lee 1
Scott won't sue over putter ban (May '13) May '13 J Moore 1
Michael Arace commentary: In the name of fairne... (May '13) May '13 Rich the Gringo 2
Els' coach wants quick belly putter decision (Mar '13) Mar '13 kyapo 3
2012 in Review (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tex 1
McIlroy, Tiger paired at Doral (Mar '13) Mar '13 The Wiz 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••