Woods is just one of the guys at Ryde...

Woods is just one of the guys at Ryder Cup

There are 1 comment on the Toledo Blade story from Sep 19, 2010, titled Woods is just one of the guys at Ryder Cup. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

U.S. captain Corey Pavin has said there is no guarantee Tiger Woods will play in all five matches in the upcoming Ryder Cup competition against Team Europe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

Maynard in Bluegrass

Wagoner, OK

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Look, the Ryder Cup is a team competition and that means each player has to contribute. There is no more pressure on Tiger Woods than there is on Phil Michelson, who hasn't played very well this year. It seems to me that we want to acknowledge that the Ryder Cup is a team competition but we want to make the outcome to depend on individual players. That is not the concept behind any other team competition. There may be some key players but ultimately, it's won or lost by the team. If we are not going to accept this fact then the US should not participate in a Ryder Cup competition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewart Cink Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Without Tiger, Masters has 'weird feeling' but ... (Apr '14) May '14 Spirit67_ 5
News Children's Miracle Network Classic attracts big... (Nov '08) Nov '12 Mike 2
News Tiger Woods (Aug '11) Aug '11 Drunken Daly 11
News Sources: Sabbatini in trouble with tour (May '11) May '11 Irrascable Infidel 4
News One year later, focus on Woods is score, not words (Feb '11) Feb '11 Drunken Daly 2
News This Week in Golf - December 1st through Decemb... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rich the Gringo 1
News Bingham: A rank system (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rich the Gringo 4
More from around the web