I'm not playing at the Players Champi...

I'm not playing at the Players Championship because I don't like the course, says Rory McIlroy

There are 2 comments on the Daily Record story from Nov 25, 2010, titled I'm not playing at the Players Championship because I don't like the course, says Rory McIlroy. In it, Daily Record reports that:

RORY McILROY last night delivered yet another snub to the US Tour when he revealed he won't play next year's prestigious Players Championship - because he can't stand the course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

brick

Rhinelander, WI

#1 Nov 26, 2010
Rory may be the next Colin Montgomery. Don't upset the Yanks, young man.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 26, 2010
Ehh, the PGA won't do anything. There has been a number of players that said they won't compete on the U S tour in 2011. Except for Rory they all have given legitimate reasons but I think the bottom line is that the competition is easier on the EURO tour. Of course, if more of the top EURO players play more across the pond then not so much. I really believe the main reasdon that Westwood is not going to compete, at least full time, on the PGA tour is that it will be easier for him to maintain his #1 standing. You know, why play against the best in the world when, on the EURO tour, you only have to play what???, 5 excellent players. I will be interesting to see how these players perform when they do come to the U S and play in the majors or other important tournaments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rory McIlroy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News You won't believe how much farther PGA Tour Cha... (Aug '17) Aug '17 jimbo 1
News Golf roundup: Jimmy Walker has two-shot lead at... (Aug '17) Aug '17 discocrisco 1
News 2017 U.S. Open Championship at Erin Hills (Jun '17) Jun '17 Old school 1
News Scouting for Girls to bring curtain down at Iri... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Christsharian Dee... 1
News Ian Poulter takes a shot at Brandel Chamblee on... (May '17) May '17 mfmarcum 2
News Rory McIlroy: The fabulous life of Nike's $200 ... (May '17) May '17 mfmarcum 1
News Rory McIlroy's Zika concerns deal further blow ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Love it 1