Pressure is on for PGA players on the bubble

It's pretty much a given that golf is a difficult game to play. In fact, I'd be pretty hard-pressed to remember the last time someone stated they had mastered the game. Full Story
Rob

Roscoe, IL

#1 Nov 15, 2009
Nice article. Just wanted to point out a couple of things ...

1) Ryan Moore, not Tiger Woods (1996), is the most recent to secure a PGA Tour card without a trip to Q School. Moore turned the trick in 2005, although several others have earned cards via the top-125 in non-member earnings.

2) Golfers that finish 126-150 on the money list are exempt into the final stage of Q School in December. For guys like Knost and Gainey that will finish outside the top-150, they will be at the second stage of Q School next week. Failure to advance from the second stage is golf limbo as no status is guaranteed anywhere until golfers qualify for the final stage.

3) By all accounts, it's "Rickie," not "Ricky." I know this is nitpicky, but it can be tricky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Beem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duval fails at Q-School (Dec '11) Dec '11 Rich the Gringo 2
PGA: They don't call it Hot-Lanta for nothing (Aug '11) Aug '11 Max 1
Coaching combo guides Aggies back to Regionals (May '11) May '11 Chuck Bizbee 5
PGA pros play skins to benefit First Tee (Oct '10) Oct '10 Golf troll 4
Recognized golfers to play for charity at Santa... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Eff Romo 1
Your guide to today, tomorrow and beyond (Oct '09) Oct '09 Buffalo Soldier 9 1
One yip just a blip for Woods (Aug '09) Aug '09 claw71 10
More from around the web