Steady Johnson wins BMW Championship

Sep 13, 2010 Full story: Vancouver Sun

Putting the disappointments of the U.S. Open and PGA Championship behind him, Dustin Johnson closed with a steady 2-under 69 Sunday to win the BMW Championship by one stroke.

Full Story
New Chicago Kid

Pickett, WI

#1 Sep 13, 2010
is the the only sport where you don t have to win at all for a year or play your worst golf and still be ranked No. 1....somebody needs to change the ranking system, we have a couple of PGA golfers that have won 2 times and finished in top ten 8 to 10 times this year and can t take over the No. 1 position, this doesn t make sense to me..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Well, the ranking system is on a two year basis so that just tells you how much better Tiger was than the rest of the players. The younger players won't really make a impact until next year and the seasoned players this year just haven't stepped up to the plate, especially Phil. He still has a chance since he plays in the Championship and Tiger sits out. I really think that both Tiger and Phil will lose there rankings next year by one of the 'young guns' although if Tiger gets his game back then probably not. 2011 will be an interesting year in the rankings, just like the LPGA is now.
Gordo

Brampton, Canada

#3 Sep 13, 2010
The ranking system may well be on a two year basis and that gives Tiger the title to prance around with for now. However, it is time for the PGA to take a serious look at ranking their players on what they have done lately.
Maybe then the announcers will get off their high horse and start recognizing people like Johnson who truly played his hear out and Kuchar who played while ill and still pounded Woods into the ground score wise.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Yeah, maybe they should but it has been around forever, it sems, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Just wait till next year. If Johnson and Kuchar continue playing next year like they have this year then no problem. But, they are ranked 12th and 10th so it will take them awhile to climb over people like Furyk--Stricker--Westwood--and one or two others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Casey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One year later, focus on Woods is score, not words (Feb '11) Feb '11 Drunken Daly 2
Tiger gets VIP treatment, loses Thai charity event (Nov '10) Nov '10 Anamouse 9
Tiger to give back, play 1-day event in Thailand (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rich the Gringo 1
Shifting into a golden era for European golf? (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rich the Gringo 1
A $10 million bunker save for Jim Furyk (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bluebonnets-Thistle 4
Reception still the same, but reverence for Woo... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Maynard in Bluegrass 2
Unlikely winner captures British Open title (Jul '10) Jul '10 Tiger Woods Putter 1

Paul Casey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE