Watney comes up big to win at Doral

Watney comes up big to win at Doral

There are 4 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Mar 13, 2011, titled Watney comes up big to win at Doral. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Nick Watney had every reason to see nothing but trouble as he stood on the 18th tee at Doral, a tough tee shot in any circumstance, let alone with a World Golf Championship on the line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Felix

Weyauwega, WI

#1 Mar 14, 2011
I really enjoyed the golf this weekend on TV, the young guns showing their stuff for the USA. We have a bunch of young guns that should be winning or at the top of PGA now for awhile..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Well, I wouldn't classify Watney, if you were, as a young gun since he will be 30 yrs. old in April. But, I agree is nice watching these new faces coming to the top. I think it will be an interesting year on the PGA.
It was also good to see Tiger have a great round. I would like to see Tiger and Phil battle these newer faces as the year progresses since these newer faces probably won't crack under the pressure, or not as much, as the older guys did in previous years when Tiger and Phil were at their best.
Felix

Denmark, WI

#3 Apr 11, 2011
well Rich, looks like the young guy cracked under pressure, but some of the other ones survived..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, I was kind of shocked at Rory. He just lost it. Have to give him credit for one thing though, he did the interview on T V where most golfers wouldn't i.e. Tiger, even Phil has declined in the past and a bunch of others.
It was a good Sun. afternoon of golf at the Masters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Watney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Garcia seizes solo lead at The Barclays (Aug '12) Aug '12 Justlookingup 2
News Another early Match Play exit for Tiger Woods (Feb '12) Mar '12 bri 3
News Tiger excited ahead of season debut (Feb '12) Feb '12 Fuzzy Zoeller 6
News Watney, Fowler share lead (Jul '11) Jul '11 Rich the Gringo 2
News Memorial Tournament: Riley holds early lead | T... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Terd Ferguson 5
News A $10 million bunker save for Jim Furyk (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bluebonnets-Thistle 4
News Sierra Madre teen gets his wish (Sep '10) Sep '10 Joanne McIntosh 1
More from around the web