Woods's absence only now starting to be felt

Jan 26, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Globe and Mail

Woods's absence only now starting to be felt Quinn Rooney/Getty Images Despite announcing his 'indefinite break' two months ago, Tiger would not typically start his season until this weekend's event at Torrey Pines SAN DIEGO - The Associated Press Published on Tuesday, Jan.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Ed B

Dixon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

I would say that every tournament Tiger is not in his absence is felt. When he's not in a tournament the viewer audience is down. We all need Tiger back.

Since: Feb 07

Juárez, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Well, like previous years Tiger has not started yet. His first tournament is usually at the end of Jan. so I guess this weekend we will know for sure if his absence will be felt or not.

Since: Feb 07

Juárez, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Ed B wrote:
I would say that every tournament Tiger is not in his absence is felt. When he's not in a tournament the viewer audience is down. We all need Tiger back.
Why???? Yes I know, he is the #1 golfer in the World and when he is playing his 'A' game it is magical to watch. I am a Tiger fan, on the golf course, but I will be content watching Phil to see if he can hold it together on Sun. See if Furyk will step up--See if Kim can overcome his injuries?--here Sergio offer excuses--listen to Sabbatini cry or make out landish statements about 'whatever'--Here Els say he will be #1 in three years and Montgomery act like the spiritual leader of the PGA. I'm sure Stricker will show up and play as usual and with little or no fanfare, just win/lose without any excuses--there will be a ton of other stories to take up the gap of Tiger gone. I don't care about the business side of the PGA because there will always be a PGA Tour/players.

All these stories about Tiger are getting ridiculous--We all know what he did. He is getting more press on this than JFK--Clinton--Bryant--Jordan-- A-Rod and a hundred of other sports/politicians have over the years. It is time to go back to the focus of GOLF.
Angel

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Ed B wrote:
Yeah, the cheetah really screwed it up for the players and the golf fans. But ... life goes on.
smelvin

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

I am an old lady who has been a fan of Tiger's since he started. I love to watch him play. I too hope he will return soon. I do not enjoy watching the other golfers play, only when they are trying to beat him. I also took note that late last year when he lost that major to Y.E., something in his demeanor told me something was not right with him. I guess we all know now what that was. I wish the best for him and Elin and only time will tell what the future holds for them.
New Chicago Kid

Baraboo, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

I think we should just take golf off tv until Tiger comes back..
wonder some more

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why???? Yes I know, he is the #1 golfer in the World and when he is playing his 'A' game it is magical to watch. I am a Tiger fan, on the golf course, but I will be content watching Phil to see if he can hold it together on Sun. See if Furyk will step up--See if Kim can overcome his injuries?--here Sergio offer excuses--listen to Sabbatini cry or make out landish statements about 'whatever'--Here Els say he will be #1 in three years and Montgomery act like the spiritual leader of the PGA. I'm sure Stricker will show up and play as usual and with little or no fanfare, just win/lose without any excuses--there will be a ton of other stories to take up the gap of Tiger gone. I don't care about the business side of the PGA because there will always be a PGA Tour/players.
All these stories about Tiger are getting ridiculous--We all know what he did. He is getting more press on this than JFK--Clinton--Bryant--Jordan-- A-Rod and a hundred of other sports/politicians have over the years. It is time to go back to the focus of GOLF.
well spoken, a realist that will not jumpon the pile to kick a man when he is down, i applaud your comment

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Rollins Discussions

Search the John Rollins Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
McIlroy: Still tentative out on the golf course (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ian 1
Golf: Watson, Simpson share Zurich Classic (May '11) May '11 Tobe 1
Sports wire | The Columbus Dispatch (Apr '11) Apr '11 steve cbus 3
Park High School football coach resigns (Oct '10) Oct '10 Concerned parent as well 14
No title (Mar '09) Apr '09 quasi nation 31
Yang earns first PGA Tour win at Honda Classic (Mar '09) Mar '09 don 1
This Week in Golf - January 31st through Februa... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Apr007 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••