No title

No title

There are 31 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 9, 2009, titled No title. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Alex Rodriguez will have arthroscopic hip surgery tonday and is expected to miss six to nine weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank

Lowell, MA

#1 Mar 9, 2009
Besides Mass General's tres almost making as much as the Pres I think they are all in line.
Lahey employee

Burlington, MA

#2 Mar 9, 2009
I work at Lahey and I am disgusted at the salaries that David Barrett and Sandy Kurtz are getting. We have been told that we are likely to not be getting a raise this year because of the economy and we are currently back on a hiring freeze yet the two highest position holders are making these figures a year, and that was as of 2007. I think that Dr. Barrett and Dr. Kurtz should give up a portion of their salaries if the clinic is in such bad shape.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Mar 9, 2009
Lahey employee wrote:
I work at Lahey and I am disgusted at the salaries that David Barrett and Sandy Kurtz are getting. We have been told that we are likely to not be getting a raise this year because of the economy and we are currently back on a hiring freeze yet the two highest position holders are making these figures a year, and that was as of 2007. I think that Dr. Barrett and Dr. Kurtz should give up a portion of their salaries if the clinic is in such bad shape.
If they give up 20% of their pay will you?
New Englander

Palm Bay, FL

#4 Mar 9, 2009
Those salaries are discusting, totally discusting. Those people are not worth a quarter of thos salaries. No wonder health care is so high and they say the hospitals are not making money. I can only imagine what the salaries are with the Harvard Pigrim and BCBS Mgmt. They should be ashamed to accept those salaries which is bordering on theft IMO.
Lahey employee

Burlington, MA

#5 Mar 9, 2009
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If they give up 20% of their pay will you?
Seeing as how low Lahey pays their support staff compared to other hospitals in the area I would say I already have given up 20%.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Mar 9, 2009
New Englander wrote:
Those salaries are discusting, totally discusting. Those people are not worth a quarter of thos salaries. No wonder health care is so high and they say the hospitals are not making money. I can only imagine what the salaries are with the Harvard Pigrim and BCBS Mgmt. They should be ashamed to accept those salaries which is bordering on theft IMO.
I agree, I know you would turn it down.
re wondering

Dracut, MA

#7 Mar 9, 2009
No . Because they make 800% more than I do. "percentages" won't cut it. 400,000 vs 40,000. Don't tell me they do more work, because you and i know better.
nonprofit

Dracut, MA

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Nothing " non-profit" about that. same goes for all the medical " charities, too- Multiple sclerosis, heart fund, Jimmy fund, Breat cancer- all administrative conjobs. same goes for the united way- real rip off. 20% to work and 80% to salaries for the CEO types.
Not impressed

Lowell, MA

#9 Mar 9, 2009
re wondering wrote:
No . Because they make 800% more than I do. "percentages" won't cut it. 400,000 vs 40,000. Don't tell me they do more work, because you and i know better.
Don't you know by now wondering is always right;)At least in her mind.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Mar 9, 2009
re wondering wrote:
It's not that they do more work, it's the work that they do. It's sounds like I'm defending these high incomes, I'm not. My point is that's what the top execs are getting these days.
Joe S

AOL

#11 Mar 9, 2009
And that is the best reason to increase the top tax rate to 39.6% and limit the itemized deductions.

However, these salaries pale with what Wall Streeters were getting during the Bush years. The top 25 hedge fund managers averaged $570M in 2006, and escaped with the 15% Capital Gains rate because they were able to game the system.
In the know

Merrimack, NH

#12 Mar 9, 2009
CEOs are making this much just think how much the department directors are making and most of them don't pull their weight, yet it's the pee ons that get their positions eliminated to save money! Go figure. You have department directors/managers, supervisors, lead positions, etc. and it's the little guy that's wondering where the next meal is coming from.
saints foundation

Merrimack, NH

#13 Mar 9, 2009
what is Kuenzler squeezing out of the so-called charity to allegedly help the hospital? help, my foot ! who is supplying the new hospital wardrobe.....????? etc... talk about rape and pilage of the sick and needy. let's see their IRS form 990 ....and take a big eyed look. big deal, an instrument in the cath lab was donated by them..... what about the salaries for those adminsitrators??? how much??? citizens can request the IRS form 990 from the charities themselves or directly from the IRS -- they are public record -- check them all out before you donate to those wolves in sheeps clothing....SHAME ON THEM ALL...

Since: Nov 08

Townsend, MA

#14 Mar 10, 2009
It stand to reason, for a non profit organization, not to show a profit would be to inflate slaries paid out.
Because of that, I believe that it's only fair for their taxes to go up. Organizers, CEOs, and executives keeps
roughly 60% of everything collected through non profits, charities, and donations for those who fall victim to natural disasters, The money that they do hand out are in form of supplies. Never will victims get the actual money collected.
Kevin

Dracut, MA

#15 Mar 10, 2009
If health care workers took a pay cut, then more people could get health care. If all the doctors and nurses took 50K per year, then healthcare would be more affordable. These doctors make a fortune.
Gotcha, see taking dufferent when it is you.
anonymous

Hudson, MA

#16 Mar 10, 2009
hey Kevin, keep the nurses out of this. We work our A**es off and don't make nearly enough. You should see the abuse we take from patients and their families who think that we are their maids. I had a patients family member report me because I would not get the visitor a cup of coffee. The nurses work really hard and don't get compensated for the amount of effort we put in. Toll booth workers make a better salary that most nurses do and they sit on their a** all day.
New Englander

Palm Bay, FL

#17 Mar 10, 2009
anonymous wrote:
hey Kevin, keep the nurses out of this. We work our A**es off and don't make nearly enough. You should see the abuse we take from patients and their families who think that we are their maids. I had a patients family member report me because I would not get the visitor a cup of coffee. The nurses work really hard and don't get compensated for the amount of effort we put in. Toll booth workers make a better salary that most nurses do and they sit on their a** all day.
You are absolutly correct, GOOD Nurses are woth their weight in gold when properly taking care of a sick patient and should be highly compensated. You should have matter of factly told that family member that it not your job to cater to family members and stated where the cafe was.
union

Gloucester, MA

#18 Mar 10, 2009
anonymous wrote:
That's exactly what I would want to see. The people taking care of me or a family member taking a cut in pay. Kevin is a moron trying to stir up emotions for some reason. Nurses need a pay raise. Maybe Kevin can voice his opinion about you the next time he is in the hospital.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 Mar 10, 2009
anonymous wrote:
1. hey Kevin, keep the nurses out of this. We work our A**es off and don't make nearly enough. You should see the abuse we take from patients and their families who think that we are their maids.
2. I had a patients family member report me because I would not get the visitor a cup of coffee.
3. The nurses work really hard and don't get compensated for the amount of effort we put in. 4. Toll booth workers make a better salary that most nurses do and they sit on their a** all day.
1. For what the hospital charges the patients should demand excellent service.
2. That's just wrong.
3. At my age I have been in many hospitals as a visitor and I saw some really awful service. When my M-I-L was dying from lukemia her husband could press the call button and no one would come. After 20 or 30 minutes he would go and get someone. I know, understaffed.
4. Be a toll collector.

Nurses, and especially registered nurses, make darn good money.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 Mar 10, 2009
Not impressed wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you know by now wondering is always right;)At least in her mind.
If you want to post something meaningful, prove me wrong and we can both learn something. This is a discussion board. Discuss. For the record, it's 'his mind'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Rollins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McIlroy: Still tentative out on the golf course (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ian 1
News Golf: Watson, Simpson share Zurich Classic (May '11) May '11 Tobe 1
News Sports wire | The Columbus Dispatch (Apr '11) Apr '11 steve cbus 3
News Park High School football coach resigns (Oct '10) Oct '10 Concerned parent ... 14
News Woods's absence only now starting to be felt (Jan '10) Jan '10 wonder some more 7
News Yang earns first PGA Tour win at Honda Classic (Mar '09) Mar '09 don 1
News This Week in Golf - January 31st through Februa... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Apr007 1
More from around the web