Monty slams Augusta snub

Monty slams Augusta snub

There are 1 comment on the Daily Express story from Apr 1, 2008, titled Monty slams Augusta snub. In it, Daily Express reports that:

“There are enough Brits in the field, so there won't be a call. Now if I were the only person in the country, a la China, I might get in. It's a strange way to make up a field for a major championship - TV rights.”

Colin Montgomerie has criticised Augusta National, organisers of The Masters, for inviting three Asian players to next week's tournament for commercial rather than golfing reasons. via Daily Express

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Express.

Since: Feb 07

Obregon, Mexico

#1 Apr 1, 2008
Boo Hoo Hoo---Maybe if he was ranked better than 75th he would get a invite. He said it himself---They have their own rules!!!!!!!!! It is their tournament and they can do what the hell they want. It is business!!!!!!!!! Play better golf and maybe you'll get in next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeev Milkha Singh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Randhawa, Muniyappa for BT pro-am tournament (Mar '10) Mar '10 vita 1
News Tiger Woods never can be counted out (Apr '09) Apr '09 Vic 1
News Padraig Harrington, Prayad Marksaeng storm to t... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Stan 1
News Tiger Woods at Doral: Tiger Woods shoots 1-unde... (Mar '09) Mar '09 TRush 2
News Tiger Woods: Tiger Woods opens with a 71 at the... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Parkland Mom 1
News Jyoti Randhawa wins BILT Open golf, keeps recor... (Dec '08) Dec '08 MK DAMODARAN 1
News Monty slams Augusta snub (Apr '08) Apr '08 Rich Brannon 18
More from around the web