Shooter Now: Arnold Palmer will take ...

Shooter Now: Arnold Palmer will take his private jet to 3M Champion...

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Shooter Now: Arnold Palmer will take his private jet to 3M Champion.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Golf legend Arnold Palmer will co-pilot his private jet to Anoka on Thursday to prepare for the 3M Championship "Greats of Golf" tournament this weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

james

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 2, 2010
so what ! so arnold is one of those evil rich white guys ? you liberals are just amazing
sorb

Palos Park, IL

#4 Aug 2, 2010
james wrote:
so what ! so arnold is one of those evil rich white guys ? you liberals are just amazing
Defensive much? It's an interesting note. An 80 year old flying himself around to tournaments? Pretty cool.

Lighten up.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 2, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Defensive much? It's an interesting note. An 80 year old flying himself around to tournaments? Pretty cool.
Lighten up.
Uhh, it says 'co-pilot'. I'll bet he won't be at the controls when taking off or landing. Its not that hard when you are already in the air.
Scruffy

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2010
Rich the Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh, it says 'co-pilot'. I'll bet he won't be at the controls when taking off or landing. Its not that hard when you are already in the air.
Pretty much EVERY biz-jet has 2 pilots. It takes a special qualification to operate one with only 1 pilot. You ever fly? Doesn't sound like it. Keep chirping.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Well, it doesn't mean he is at the controls when taking off and landing, He is the co-pilot as per the article and this;

He still flies the Citation X with longtime chief pilot Pete Luster about 150 to 200 hours a year, including for regular trips between his homes in Latrobe, Pa.(where he grew up the son of the golf pro and head groundskeeper at Latrobe Country Club), and Bay Hill Club and Lodge, the golf course he owns in Orlando, Fla.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernhard Langer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bernhard Langer leads Champions Tour finale (Nov '15) Nov '15 jimbo 1
News Major winners series: Greg Norman, Ian Woosnam ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 caltenn11 1
This book:A NEW BEGINNING will be of great inte... (Mar '10) Oct '14 Alfred Langer 2
News Ban on anchored putts a cop-out, says Langer (Apr '13) Apr '13 Rich the Gringo 4
Talk about Bernhard Langer (Dec '12) Dec '12 mikla 1
News No easy fix for Presidents Cup (Nov '11) Nov '11 Doc 1
Bernard langer condition on his hand (Jun '11) Jun '11 Shirley 1
More from around the web