Keep racist taunt between Tiger Woods and ex-caddie, says LPGA pioneer Powell

Nov 7, 2011 Full story: Waggle Room 8

If Tiger Woods has no problem with the racist insult his ex-caddie hurled his way Friday night, perhaps everyone else should chill out, said LPGA Tour pioneer Renee Powell.

Full Story
panhandledad

Crestview, FL

#1 Nov 7, 2011
I agree 100%. Writers and reporters are the one who try to stir up sh!t all time. I would bet that most of these people probably had a hard time being accepted when they were young.
Jim Russell

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2011
Renee Powell, this is the most intelligent thing any one of these people have said, exactly who's buiness is it anyway?
Golfer

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Nov 7, 2011
panhandledad wrote:
I agree 100%. Writers and reporters are the one who try to stir up sh!t all time. I would bet that most of these people probably had a hard time being accepted when they were young.
Question: If Tiger Woods had said, "I'm glad I fired that White caddie!", would the sports writers have called him a raisin or a racist? NO!

Apparently the caddie had been burned by Tiger Woods and those words about "the black azzhole" were the best ones that fit the occasion! Next time, he might as well use the N word to describe Tiger Woods, since he's gonna get shot at dawn by the sports writers anyway! LOL

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 10, 2011
Tiger could have handled his firing Stevie better perhaps, but it is certainly his right to do so. Players hire their caddies and can fire them. That Stevie responded as he did speaks ill of him. And this latest racist comment, even if it doesn't bother Tiger, is inappropriate and in most workplaces would have gotten an employee suspended or fired. Racism of any kind is not tolerated any more and that is not the media's fault. It is the fault of those who remain racists at heart. I have lost a tremendous amount of respect I once had for Stevie, and a good bit for Adam Scott as well. That kind of comment, and toleration of it, are things civilization has been trying to leave behind since slavery ended. But it is still out there as these comments demonstrate. Veiled but as ugly as ever.
Drunken Daly

San Francisco, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2011
There was nothing racist about those remarks. Golf is a white man's sport if he can't take it leave.

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 14, 2011
Then you didn't read the remarks. And yours are no better, white man's sport indeed. I think Tiger has demonstrated with 71 PGA wins, 14 majors and 84 worldwide winds that is no longer true, not to mention Vijay's run through his 40's.
Drunken Daly

San Francisco, CA

#7 Nov 16, 2011
Even with all those wins, Tiger is not one of us and will never be. He is an outsider and do not belonged in a white man's sport.

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 18, 2011
Can't argue with racists. So I'm done. You were done a long time ago...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

LPGA Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Wie withdraws from LPGA tourney with w... Aug '14 Mean Joe Green 2
ESPN made a documentary about Jan Stephenson's ... Aug '14 Bud 1
U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst rife with intrigue (Jun '14) Jun '14 Linda 1
Fulfilling her much-anticipated promise at 19, ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 The Real Phenoms 1
LPGA Tour commissioner 'disappointed and frustr... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mean Joe Green 3
LPGA: Amelia Lewis - A Closer Look (Mar '14) Mar '14 Selecia Jones- JA... 1
Cheyenne Woods to Play in Chico's Patty Berg Me... (Mar '14) Mar '14 oilwell 1
More from around the web