Italy's Francesco Molinari wins Spani...

Italy's Francesco Molinari wins Spanish Open golf

There are 1 comment on the The Miami Herald story from May 6, 2012, titled Italy's Francesco Molinari wins Spanish Open golf. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

Francesco Molinari shot a 7-under 65 Sunday to win the Spanish Open, the first Italian to capture the European Tour event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

Since: May 12

Bakersfield, CA

#1 May 6, 2012
Club throwing again, glowering at the crowd, slamming putter onto the green, and throwing ball into the lake. Seems like the trademarks of Tiger Woods. Nope. I just finished watching the European Tour at the Spanish Open. Simon Dyson of England, after a poor drive, flipped his club back over his head in disgust as he walked off the teeing area. Marcel Siem of Germany, also threw down a club after a poor shot. Then there was Graeme Storm of England, who, after missing a short putt on the 18th hole, slammed the sole of his putter onto the green, not once, not twice, but four times, trying to mash down an imaginary impediment which he thought deflected his putt. Then he punctuated that behaviour by throwing the ball into the greenside lake. Then there was the boyish behaviour of Pablo Larrazabal, a citizen of the host country, who was apparently disrupted by some crowd noise as he attempted to drive his ball. This displeasure with the crowd carried over to the next several holes where Pablo continued to pout after missed putts and errant shots. During all of this pettiness, there was nary a criticism from the Golf Channel commentators who seemed to accept this behaviour as routine antics from the European PGA players. We would not have heard the end of all the beratement from these announcers had it been Tiger putting on these various displays. How about some parity boys? I guess none of these players have been unfaithful to their wives, girlfriends or mistresses - but that's not part of golf, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

LPGA Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Wie, other notables return to Meijer L... Jun '16 This is getting old 1
News Michelle Wie withdraws because of neck spasms May '16 The Real Phenoms 2
News Japan's Haru Nomura take 3-shot lead in Swingin... Apr '16 The Real Phenoms 1
News Kerr wins title, Ko takes $1 million, Park goin... (Nov '15) Nov '15 grayr_2 1
News Wie brings flair to Evian with high-top shoes, ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 The Real Phenom 1
News The graduate: Michelle Wie leaves Stanford (Jun '12) Aug '15 still time 6
News Should women LPGA golfers earn just as much mon... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web