Michelle Wie's off time spent in Palm...

Michelle Wie's off time spent in Palm Desert

There are 12 comments on the www.mydesert.com story from Nov 28, 2010, titled Michelle Wie's off time spent in Palm Desert. In it, www.mydesert.com reports that:

PALM DESERT - Michelle Wie hopes her aching back will heal in time for her to play in the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters in two weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mydesert.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 28, 2010
I hope that she can get healthy in the very short off season.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 28, 2010
What "very short" off season??? The last LPGA event is this week and the 2011 season doesn't start till Feb, probably. If she plays in the off season and isn't healthy by Feb next year then she is to blame, not the "short off season".

Location hidden

#3 Nov 29, 2010
Rich the Gringo wrote:
What "very short" off season??? The last LPGA event is this week and the 2011 season doesn't start till Feb, probably. If she plays in the off season and isn't healthy by Feb next year then she is to blame, not the "short off season".
Two mnths really to take off and then one to get ready again is short. ESP for back injuries. I still just wich that they would have let the kid play college golf and grow up first.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 29, 2010
With the schedule that is for next year it will be closer to 3 mos off. But, she is planning to play during the off season, Dubai, I think in S. Korea(if there is no war) so no, you can't feel sorry for her if she is not ready for the season next year. If the injury is that bad then take the time off!! i.e. Creamer--Annika and others over the years. Don't forget, she has played while injured, some say allegedly, in the past so the blame will be solely on her shoulders.
I don't think she is interested, or at least at the beginning of her pro career, in playing College golf. Her dream has always been to play Pro golf and go to Stanford. She is living her dream and if she wants to screw that up by playing golf in the off season so be it. I mean, come on, if you are injured then get healed before continuing your life. Do not jeopardize your future by coming back to early. She should know better.
sjs

United States

#5 Nov 30, 2010
"She should know better"
LOL. How many times has that been said about MW and her choices and play to date?

Location hidden

#6 Nov 30, 2010
sjs wrote:
"She should know better"
LOL. How many times has that been said about MW and her choices and play to date?
Well, in her defense a lot of the decisions, especially in her early career, was made by her parents or by management and ok'ed by her parents. Not so much today. She has pretty much made her own decisions so it appears.
Rock

Woodbury, CT

#7 Dec 4, 2010
MW is a dud. She will never be a great golfer. All she knows how to do is make excuses for her bad play, she sucks period.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 4, 2010
How can you say she is a dud???? Has she lived up to all the press she has gotten--No! Has she had a good career since she has gotten her card??--yes! In 2009 she made a little over $900,000 dollars--in 2010 she has made a little under $900,000 dollars. 90% of the LPGA golfers cannot say they have played better. She has won two tournaments in the last two years. There are probably 150 LPGA players that has not won at all in the last two years. She is ranked 11 in the world--She is 9th on the 2010 money list--In both of the last statistics she will fall a notch or two since she is not playing this week. And she is still attending Stanford part time. The lady is living her dream and doing a pretty good job. She sure isn't a DUD!!!!!
melloman

Danbury, CT

#9 Dec 8, 2010
Rock wrote:
MW is a dud. She will never be a great golfer. All she knows how to do is make excuses for her bad play, she sucks period.
number 10 on the rolex...2 career wins already....drives 300+ yards..
not to mention her worth or how intelligent she is....

you should be such a dud...!!

Location hidden

#10 Dec 9, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
I hope that she can get healthy in the very short off season.
Here you go, Selecia

Michelle Wie limped around the back nine of the Emirates Golf Club because of a bad back and finished with a 72, six shots behind the leader.

Yeah, she is really trying to get healthy. To me this is really silly. Play while you are hurting and the hell with your immediate future.
Oh well, kids will be kids.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2010
Rich the Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, Selecia
Michelle Wie limped around the back nine of the Emirates Golf Club because of a bad back and finished with a 72, six shots behind the leader.
Yeah, she is really trying to get healthy. To me this is really silly. Play while you are hurting and the hell with your immediate future.
Oh well, kids will be kids.
Must have been the guaranteed payday that she liked. It is so uncool to be playing here. I think it is on The golf Channel. I am watching something on tehere.
old guy

Hanlontown, IA

#12 Dec 10, 2010
Poor Michelle--now my back aches--I don't think I have ever seen a young person with so many problems, most of it between her ears.How many touraments has she withdrew from? Comes from Hawaii but can't take the heat in Iowa, wrists hurt and withdraws from a tourament and 2 days later is hitting balls on the range at the next event. She is a phoney, She will never live up to all the hype that daddy dearest had the sports writers shove down our throats----I have to wonder what will happen when all the excuses for poor play have been used up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samsung World Championship Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Just shy of her 21st birthday, Michelle Wie is ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 ARCOBALENO 2
News Golf lets fans make the call (Aug '10) Aug '10 Rich the Gringo 3
News Michelle Wie runs afoul of golf rules -- again (Mar '10) Mar '10 HUMAN1 1
News Rules prove hazardous to Wie once again (Mar '10) Mar '10 Rich Brannon 4
News Field set for LPGA Tour Championship at Houstonian (Nov '09) Nov '09 ARCOBALENO 1
News LPGA column: After a few weeks off, it's time t... (Oct '09) Oct '09 ARCOBALENO 1
News Leach Wins US Women's Mid-Amateur (Oct '09) Oct '09 Roger 2
More from around the web