Wie schooled by Stanford - Sports

Wie schooled by Stanford - Sports

There are 25 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Wie schooled by Stanford - Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Down three with eight to play, Angela Stanford stole the momentum from Michelle Wie's golf bag with three consecutive birdies in the middle of the back nine yesterday to capture the $1.2 million SBS Open at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Palolo Boy

San Francisco, CA

#25 Feb 15, 2009
No Aloha in HI wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered that incorrectly...she was FORCED to go to Q-school because she was on the verge of LOSING tour sponsorship exemptions. Thanks for setting the facts straight about this perennial underachiever and over-hyped choke artist.
Once her sponsor contracts run out, I'll be glad to never see her airbrushed face again.
Again, you make no sense. She was on the verge of losing tour sponsorship exemptions? Did you mean to say that she wasn't able to get her tour card through the sponsor's exemptions? If I'm not mistaken, it's up to the sponsors to say whether or not they wanted her to play.

As far as her being a perennial underachiever? You're wrong again. An underachiever more recently, yes. I think you forgot that while she was still in high school, she place 5th or better six times in LPGA events, playing part-time. That's not the record of an underachiever.

Don't hold your breath about Michelle disappearing from the spotlight. If the experts say that she will eventually win, your wish will never come true.
Maxima

Honolulu, HI

#26 Feb 16, 2009
No Aloha in HI wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered that incorrectly...she was FORCED to go to Q-school because she was on the verge of LOSING tour sponsorship exemptions. Thanks for setting the facts straight about this perennial underachiever and over-hyped choke artist.
Once her sponsor contracts run out, I'll be glad to never see her airbrushed face again.
Michelle is way above your pay grade, which is minimum wage in Vegas. You have ZERO BARS....
Now, I have a hole in one @ the 17th hole @ West Loch GC. Beside the hole in your head do you have a hole in one or are you just a underachiever with a 30 handicap that has opinions against people who have achieved something? Come on, name one meaninful thing you have actually achieved!!
Thought so, nothing from nothing, is nothing.
No Aloha in HI

Henderson, NV

#27 Feb 16, 2009
Palolo Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you make no sense. She was on the verge of losing tour sponsorship exemptions? Did you mean to say that she wasn't able to get her tour card through the sponsor's exemptions? If I'm not mistaken, it's up to the sponsors to say whether or not they wanted her to play.
As far as her being a perennial underachiever? You're wrong again. An underachiever more recently, yes. I think you forgot that while she was still in high school, she place 5th or better six times in LPGA events, playing part-time. That's not the record of an underachiever.
Don't hold your breath about Michelle disappearing from the spotlight. If the experts say that she will eventually win, your wish will never come true.
So I guess not winning 1st place is o.k. for you?
No Aloha in HI

Henderson, NV

#28 Feb 16, 2009
Maxima wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle is way above your pay grade, which is minimum wage in Vegas. You have ZERO BARS....
Now, I have **** in one @ the 17th hole @ West Loch GC. Beside the hole in your head do you have **** in one or are you just a underachiever with a 30 handicap that has opinions against people who have achieved something? Come on, name one meaninful thing you have actually achieved!!
Thought so, nothing from nothing, is nothing.
?...go seek help.
Maxima

Honolulu, HI

#29 Feb 16, 2009
No Aloha in HI wrote:
<quoted text>
?...go seek help.
Pa'a ka waha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kraft Nabisco Championship Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fulfilling her much-anticipated promise at 19, ... (Apr '14) Feb '15 The Real Phenoms 2
News LPGA Tour commissioner 'disappointed and frustr... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mean Joe Green 3
News LPGA: Honda Thailand Preview & TV Schedule (Feb '14) Feb '14 ARCOBALENO 1
News Pressel takes 2-shot lead at LPGA Championship (Jun '13) Jun '13 I just want to know 1
News LPGA Shop Rite: Karrie Webb Claims Victory for ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rich the Gringo 8
News Wie, a veteran at 23, shrugs off her critics (Apr '13) May '13 Rich the Gringo 25
News Michelle Wie's new putting stance: "Nothing goo... (Mar '13) May '13 Barbarian 2
More from around the web