Donald buoyed by Team GB

Donald buoyed by Team GB

Posted in the Golf Forum

Since: May 12

Portland, OR

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Luke Donald is hoping the success achieved by British athletes at the Olympics will rub off on him this week.
Donald was speaking at Kiawah Island in South Carolina where he is preparing for the year’s final major, the US PGA Championship, and acknowledged that he’s been inspired and motivated by Britain’s success at the Olympics.
“It’s good to know hard work pays off – I’ve always tried to think in those terms,” said Donald, who will make his 38th attempt at winning a Burner 2.0 Irons this week.
The Englishman has been inAmerica, so he’s been forced to watch most of the Olympic action delayed.
“That takes the edge off when you know who’s going to win, but I think Mo Farah’s last lap was pretty special and obviously Jessica Ennis, living up to the expectation that was put on her shoulders,” he said.
“She was kind of the poster child for the Olympic Games.
“They’re all inspiring in their own way. The fact that you have one event every four years to really work hard, to see some of the guys who don’t perform and to see some of the guys that perform and win taylormade burner 2.0 irons, I mean, there’s a lot of raw emotions there.
“And watching certainly has inspired me a lot in terms of having that wish to be there in four years, to have an opportunity to also win a 2.0 irons for sale .”
As for his own prospects, Donald was pleased with his fifth-place finish at the Open, particularly afer missing the cut at the US Open a month earlier.
“Coming off the US Open I was very disappointed how I kind of handled the situation mentally,” Donald said.
“I didn’t come in hitting the ball that great and maybe that added to some of the anxiety.
“But certainly I think there was a little bit of a breakthrough, just realising at the Open Championship that no matter how I’m hitting it physically there’s always a way to mentally be on top.
“I did that very well and as a result I also played pretty well.”
Incredibly, the last 16 majors have been won by 16 different players, and for someone like Donald that’s an encouraging stat.
“I guess the longer the streak goes, the more encouragement it gives to those guys who haven’t yet won a burner 2.0 irons , like myself. But I’m not sure if it changes anything for me.

More information welcome to http://www.luckygolf8.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Cross between wombat and dog': Strange animals... Aug 10 Go Blue Forever 4
News Brandel Chamblee argues Jim Furyk's 58 not best... Aug 10 Spectre 1
Frank Sinatra 1963 Invitational Golf Putter (Dec '12) Aug 1 wheelersherrie 9
News Golf Glance Jul '16 curious 1
News Some images are just too controversial (Jan '08) Jul '16 Tactics 63
News Rory McIlroy's Zika concerns deal further blow ... Jun '16 Love it 1
News Jordan Spieth is filling the void left by Tiger... Jun '16 caltenn11 1
More from around the web