Get More Golf Swing Power

Get More Golf Swing Power

Posted in the Golf Forum

Since: Dec 12

#1 Dec 17, 2012
There are a lot of ways to get more power in your golf swing but in general, the simplest ways are often the best. One of the easiest ways to add power to your golf swing that many of us forget to even consider is to add extension to our swing. Adding good extension at the right time can boost power in a variety of ways.

The first step in learning the golf power swing is to realize that you need to swing FASTER rather than HARDER. Swinging fast requires balance and maximum use of leverage. Both of these can be learned through simple drills that exaggerate the actual moves made on the course. With the understanding of the effects of swinging faster and some work with the drills an awareness of the necessary moves develops. The golfer is then able build on this awareness with more advanced drills.

If you're thinking about extending the club from r11 irons for sale online store while you swing, you're less likely to tense up and toe the shot or over cook it. Thinking of extending during your golf swing (not so much your backswing) will lengthen your limbs and give your swing more flow and speed through the ball and it should also keep you from turning through the ball too early.

Because the golf swing is rotational, so you must incorporate twisting type movements to your training program, if you want more power and distance. You can do them standing in your golf posture, or seated so it takes your lower body completely out of it, and really emphasizes your core. The second area for more power is the back of your shoulders. Especially the lead shoulder, as it is the one that gets really stretched in your backswing with best golf clubs. Strengthen this area, and you will have a very powerful downswing, coming into impact.

Equipment does make a difference in how far you drive the ball. The equipment manufacturers have let this fact be known, and I bet we all have gone to the pro shop probably more than twice to pick up a new driver that claims to give us another 20 yards on every drive. That extra 20 yards might not be down the middle of the fairway, but it will give you an extra 20 yards... could be left, could be right, or could be in the center of the fairway. That all depends on points one and two of this article. Equipment and technological advances have definitely lengthened the distance of our drives with r11 combo set. But without better swing mechanics and your body in better golf shape, new technology will not help your game. A bad swing will produce a bad result, regardless of what type of "new" driver you may have just purchased.

Regular use of the breathing technique will turn it into a habit. The more relaxed you are during a round of golf, the more relaxed you will expect to be during future rounds. Being relaxed will become a habit. Not only will you pick up a few yards, but the round will also be more fun. I hope this helps out.

More information:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gavin to play alongside Woods in Safeway Open Oct 11 Spectre 1
do you know the 4 major tournaments ? Oct 3 Golfcreators2016 1
Notah Begay (Apr '13) Sep 29 my garbage is on ... 2
News Former Governor Tom Ridge Issues Statement on L... Sep 29 Erie Taxpayer 2
News Finchem cites charity as reason to stay in Nort... Sep '16 caltenn11 1
News Brandel Chamblee argues Jim Furyk's 58 not best... Sep '16 SACgolf 3
News McIlroy says Ryder Cup pick'em faulty Sep '16 peter 1
More from around the web