Your Mental Game of Golf

Your Mental Game of Golf

Posted in the Golf Forum

Since: Dec 12

Egypt

#1 Jan 10, 2013
I am sure you have heard people say that golf is 90 percent mental. If you have played golf before, I think you will find this point hard to argue. I have had countless times, where a simple thought in my head caused my usually rhythmic swing to shank the ball. When I first started playing golf, the mental aspect of the game was my biggest roadblock in making pars. Take a look at these mental game golf tips, so that at least 90 percent of your golf game will be in top shape.

The best players in the world have learned to master the mental game of golf and that is what makes them great. Positive thinking and confidence are critical in becoming a great player. Of course, you will need to still practice regularly on the mechanics in order to maintain your skills. However just working on mechanics alone will only get you so far at the game of golf and you will reach a plateau.

As you browse around, you can find many books written on how to think your way to a better golf game with best golf clubs. Experts have conducted an in-depth research on sports psychology after deeply studying the moves and styles of champions. They have come to the conclusion that golf mental game is definitely what sets experts apart from the rest.

In order to stay relaxed you must have a certain level of confidence. Tricky and sometimes strange things happen on the golf course so try not to be frightened or scared by them. Always play to your strengths and stay with the same routine. A lot of professionals before hitting shots try to envisage great shots they have hit in the past. It makes sense because what this does is it not only helps you to relax but also builds confidence.

To be honest it is no fun playing golf when you are unable to play the way you know you are capable of playing with r11 combo set. Only being able to play well once in a blue moon is frustrating and demoralizing and often leads to a person eventually giving the game up. In these situations the mental game of golf comes into play even more so than usual. It will be this aspect of the game that will help you to manage your scores.

Golf can be brutal at times. Times when your swing isn't exactly where you want it to be. In these situations the mental game of golf comes into play even more so than usual. It will be this aspect of the game that will help you to manage your scores and enable you to rise above the hurdles laid out in front of you.

Most of us play golf to enjoy the game with taylor made burner 2.0 and the company of like-minded people. Even top tour pros need to enjoy playing the game even though they are in a very competitive situation. Enjoyment produces good, positive feelings and energy in the body, and this enhances our ability to perform by making us relax and reducing stress. When you reduce stress you reduce tension in the body and allow the body to move better. This increases coordination, muscle performance, and promotes fluid movement. The result is better golf!

More information: http://www.lomogolf.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heritage designation raises questions about Gle... Sep '17 how it goes in GTA 1
News You won't believe how much farther PGA Tour Cha... Aug '17 jimbo 1
Frank Sinatra 1963 Invitational Golf Putter (Dec '12) Aug '17 Blkdukdog 10
News Oakville, Ont., council to vote on heritage des... Aug '17 other Halton Heri... 1
News Glen Abbey Golf Club faces potential closure fo... Aug '17 was plan all along 1
News Column: Fowler keeps celebrating everyone else'... Aug '17 Jimbo 1
News PGA Championship 2017: Why more fans should be ... Aug '17 mfmarcum 1
More from around the web