Improve Your Putting Before You Step on the Green
Posted in the Golf Forum
Since: May 12
#1 Dec 16, 2012
Great putting begins with what you do before the season begins and before ever walk on to the green. Here are some simple tips to help you improve your putting this season.
1. Get a putter that you love. Look for one that is the right length, shape, weight and design. The putter should also allow you to find your line easily. Try a bunch of putters in the golf shop and try to discover the one that enables you to make putts of varying distances. If you don't love the putter immediately, don't buy it. The right putter should feel right instantly. See if your golf pro will allow you to demo the putter on the course, before you purchase your new putter. Remember, putting in the store is not the same as putting on the course.
2. Have your eyes examined. Putting is like surgery. It requires great precision. You can not putt well if you can't see well. I have had many golfers who have come to see me because of putting problems with clubs from burner 2.0 irons for sale online store. Some of them had vision problems which were making it hard for them to read the green, see their line and putt well. In many instances, these golfers were helped by a comprehensive ophthalmic exam and new glasses, contact lenses or surgery.
3. If you have been struggling with your putting, consider changing your grip or the style of putter you are using. The pros do this often and I have seen others improve their putting by changing their grip, their putter or both.
4. Decide if you want to be a golfer who putts with your hands or with your shoulders. This is personal, but no matter how you decided to strike the ball, you must develop a consistent, pendulum motion and hit the ball square.
5. Determine if you are a front of the cup or back of the cup kind of putter. Again, this is personal. Some people like the ball to trickle in the hole. Others like to hit it in with more authority. The putting style people choose seems to relate to their personality. I counseled a man who was an aggressive trial lawyer. He was a back of the cup kind of club with clubs from burner 2.0 irons for sale online store. I coached a violinist who was front of the cup putter. Interestingly, this man used to imagine the sound of the ball dropping in the cup as part of his putting routine. He paid little attention to the visual aspect of putting. Instead he utilized his acumen for sound to hone his putting skills.
6. Practice putting from different distances every day. Begin with one foot putts with burner 2.0 irons, after you make three in a row increase the distance. Build up to approximately ten feet.
7. Get to an eighty per cent success rate from ten feet. Most of the pros I have worked with sink eight out of ten putts from this distance. Try to get your putting to this level. Even if you are not a great athlete, you can definitely improve your putting with consistent and intelligent practice. As I said earlier, if you putt better, you will lower your score and win more often.
8. Spend twenty minutes a day visualizing yourself putting successfully from various distances. Just close your eyes and imagine yourself having great success on the green. If you like, imagine yourself sinking a putt with burner 2.0 irons to win your club championship.
9. On long putts, pick a target to roll the ball over on its way to the hole. The target should be about the size of a quarter.
10. Participate in darts, bowling, shooting or pocket billiards as these activities require the same mental skills as does putting. Playing these sports acts as mental cross training for golfers who want to improve their putting.
More information welcome to http://www.heygolfer.com
Add your comments below
|Michelle Wie withdraws because of neck spasms||May 20||The Real Phenoms||2|
|Brandel Chamblee says Tiger Woods looks like an...||May 5||Sshall57||6|
|Tiger Woods hits new sleazy low||May 5||Sshall57||4|
|Japan's Haru Nomura take 3-shot lead in Swingin...||Apr '16||The Real Phenoms||1|
|Frank Sinatra 1963 Invitational Golf Putter (Dec '12)||Apr '16||Art||7|
|Willett Wins Masters After Stunning Spieth Melt...||Apr '16||wprescott||1|
|With the kiss! Oosthuizen banks in day's 3rd ac...||Apr '16||awright97||1|
Find what you want!
Search Golf Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC