Golf Swing Tempo is Everything in the...

Golf Swing Tempo is Everything in the Game

Posted in the Golf Forum

Since: Dec 12

Egypt

#1 Dec 5, 2012
I was asking someone the other day "what some really good golf tips for beginners" were and he game me a few pointers that I would love to share with you, so I can help you get that natural golf swing that you have always wanted. As you know when you first start out as a golfer your golf swing tempo is everything. The only way you will fix a slice is to have everything moving in one smooth motion. The only thing that separates you from a pro is the golf swing tempo. If you are a fraction of a sec to late or to soon then you will be to the left or right all the time. Even the pro's are off sometimes that is why they are all over the place sometimes.

So, how do you achieve the proper tempo for your swing and why is it so important? In the golf swing is you are off by just a fraction of a second on your timing you could easily leave the face of the best golf clubs open a little bit or closed a little bit. This could cause you to curve the golf ball in a way you were not expecting and this could be the reason you are hitting more chip shots than you would like or have longer putts than you want.

When you watch the pros golf, you'll notice they are always quite balanced in their golf swings. They have a knack for making the golf swing look effortless yet they still generate a powerful amount of club head speed through the golf ball. Generally the pros will swing about 70% in their golf swings. If 100% is swinging as hard as they can, you can figure 70% means they are still swinging hard although it is easier to control the golf club from taylormade r11 for sale online shop and remain balanced throughout the golf swing.

To get to a proper golf tempo you need to make sure you feel very relaxed and understand that it should take you about twice as long to finish your back swing as the rest of the swing should take you. So if the golf swing is 1.5 seconds long your back swing would be a full second of that and the rest would be a 0.5 seconds of that. This should make sense since the force to hit the ball is created from the top of the backswing and down through to the impact position.

Another tip is "think smooth". If I ever get to where I am trying to kill the ball...the very next swing I think smooth all the way. No aggressive or jerky motion for the entire swing with callaway diablo octane. This usually gets my swing back in the groover right away, instead of the dreaded snow ball effect with your game, getting worse and worse.

The last simple tip is the big pause at the top before you come down. I mean pause! When you're hitting balls at the range, make 10 swings with a 2 second pause at the top, before you make your move down. The first couple of swings will be hard. Your contact with the ball will be terrible...but after a while you'll get to where you can make good contact almost every time.

Your golf swing tempo can make or break your performance. Work on it and your scores will show it. Don't...and let your playing partners blow the doors off you every time you play them.

More information: http://www.lomogolf.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sir Bob Charles calls for 'ridiculous' technolo... Feb 17 historicus 1
News The Latest: Centrist leader says Netanyahu shou... Feb 14 The phartse 2
News John Daly's 1995 Open Championship Claret Jug t... Feb 9 With pharts 2
News PGA Star Justin Leonard Selling Awesome Aspen H... Jan 30 dcc123 1
Most Popular LPGA Photos of 2017 Jan '18 tonyj5 1
News Upcoming golf tournaments to aid several local ... (Aug '10) Dec '17 Club at North Hal... 4
News Harmon: Crazy to think Tiger won't play Dec '17 HowPhart 2
More from around the web