Colomo upstages McIlroy

Colomo upstages McIlroy

Posted in the Golf Forum

Since: May 12

Portland, OR

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Asian Tour Rookie of Spain Javi Colomo outshone all illustrious names in the opening day of the UBS Hong Kong Open flare flawless six-under-par 64 to take the clubhouse lead in the first round on Thursday.

National Fellow Miguel Angel Jimenez, who is 20 years older than Colomo showed that gold is old, he rolled a year, to take second place, Australian Andrew Dodt, whose 65th Hole

Trailing shot by 712 AP2 Irons in the back of the most decorated players in China, Zhang Lian-wei, who could have been returned to a lower score, he carded a double-bogey six to finish par fourteenth date.

47-year veteran was signed to take 66 equal fourth place alongside Asian Tour honorary member of the Korean YE Yang Ryder Cup captain Jos Mar Olazal Spain, Italy and Fredrik Andersson Hed Gagli Lorenzo from Sweden at the Hong Kong Golf Club.

Colomo, who had three top-10 finishes on the Asian Tour this season, opened his campaign in his first eight holes with pars.

28-Year-round came to life when he burned the course of six birdies in eight holes to run your home.

"I was very relaxed after the first nine holes, and then I have all my birdie chances. It helped that I had the luck on my side as well as the Greens," he said Colomo.

"I'm playing taylormade r11 irons very well, because this is my first season here. During the first six months it was very difficult for me and my husband, but now it is well and happy. This is great," he added.

After winning the Hong Kong Open in 2004 and 2007, Jimenez has a hat trick bid wins this week.

The cigar-chomping Spaniard was ready to extend their advantage at the top before using the final two bogeys again.

"I played very solid all day long from tee to green. Putting very well. Was sorry that I missed the fairway on the ninth hole and then I had to put up, and I missed a three-foot putt," said Jimenez.

"Then the last hole, I have a great flyer, and that is to protect the golf course, if you miss the fairway wood for sale and rough going. Bogey I made it again, that's not very nice," added the 48-year-old .

A highly respected role model and big brother to the younger generation of golfers in China, showed Zhang that he do more for another top performance, where he carded six birdies against a double bogey.

As the worldwide leader Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland and Matteo Manassero ltaly includes the world in the field this week, Zhang is still bullish about his chances of getting better over the great champions like his younger rival, the. Almost half his age

"I'm here all my years of local knowledge and experience, they are useful for me this week," said Zhang.

Yang, who enjoyed a top-10 finish in the race in Singapore last week, continued his good form by mixing five birdies against a lone bogey on the 18th Communications leader.

"After the 18th I happy with the way I played discount golf clubs today.'S been a while since I've been ranking after the first round, so definitely a plus. Hopefully I am confident," said the Asian Tour honorary member.

Leaving the world number one McIlory have to do me a lot of work, as he began his defense with a disappointing 73rd

Northern Irishman had a bad start, bogeying on the first day and lifted his only birdie on the third. Further bogeys at 6, 14 and 15 McIlroy still desperate.

"I'll probably just lacked a bit of energy out there, I felt a bit sleepy - mentally more than physically, I honestly," said the 23-year-old.

"I started OK, and just more and more frustrated as the circle went. I felt like I was hitting a few good shots and just did not really have any ways of converting birdies, and I just leave it to me a little."

More information welcome to http://www.heygolfer.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren savours 'bizarre' victory 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 1
News Rory McIlroy Ruptures Tendon, Out of British Op... Jul 29 dave 1
Are Remote control golf cart more expensive or ... Jul 29 CaseyJones 2
News Pga Tour Star David Hearn Officially Launches t... Jul 22 Rick 1
News Bog: Tiger Woods in twilight Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Golf Channel's Oberholser on Tiger Woods: 'I th... Jul 17 MIKE T 1
News Medicus scam and corporate irresponsibility... ... (May '12) Jul 15 Terry Morton 37
More from around the web