Police fold Indy poker club

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Police say they raided and shut down a seven-days-a-week poker club that drew patrons from four counties.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of286
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Double Standard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

But state sanctioned gambling is a-OK! I love our duplicitous attitude toward vice in our country. It's like smoking. Either make it legal everywhere, or outlaw it, if it is that bad.
Tammy S

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

WISH tv reported that an Indiana State trooper was also there, but not arrested. Why was the trooper there and why was he or she not arrested?
Jeff

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

What? How is this any different from the peashake houses the authorities allow to operate with impunity? Let me guess, these illegal gamblers are white, right?
wow

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

So poker club gets robbed and police then raid it. It is a crime and ok. Two P-Shakes get robbed and there is a gun battle the US Attorney's office is amazed that these are allowed to operate. OK and then the police or Federal law enforcement never hit the P-Shakes.
Jay

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Good. Whether it's pea shake houses or poker rooms, you wouldn't want one of these businesses next door to you.

Now if we can get the city to continue to clean up the cesspool on the east side....
Whitey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Why didn't Glenn Howard swoop in and tell officers that these poor men "ain't hurtin' nobody"? Why doesn't this poker game warrant the same Senatorial protection as ghetto-bound pea-shake houses?
PrimariesComing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Boy, this sure smells like childish retaliation! You bust my peashakes and I will get your poker games. Why would it take a whole year to investigate the games? Or did it? Sounds like a payback and it stinks!
Hmmm

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Most of the people there are, yes.

I'm glad I decided to stay home last night. It sucks to drive 2 1/2 hours for a decent poker game.
Sweet Peas Worst Enemy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

So.... White folks playing Texas Hold-em is bad. Black folks operating a pea shake is good? Looks like the Texas Hold-em operators forgot to pay their bribes to the appropriate Democrat public officials.
Mike Kole

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Government loves monopoly and hates competition. Hoosier Lottery, good. Privately run poker room, bad.

I love the grandstanding Republicans who claim to be against gambling, but who never make any attempt to end the Hoosier Lottery. Stinking pile of hypocrisy.
Mee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Jeff wrote:
What? How is this any different from the peashake houses the authorities allow to operate with impunity? Let me guess, these illegal gamblers are white, right?
You got it! These white gamblers don't have the same protection from Sheriff Anderson, Congress-jerk Carson and Bart that the pea shake houses have.
Cold One

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Wow, thank God there aren't any murderers or rapists running around. After all, we wouldn't want any immoral gambling going on...unless the State gets a cut of the take, that is.
Jman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

I used to play at that place! I knew the people getting arrested on tv. That place was more harmless than people think. Everyone was like family there and it was a hang out place. But there were HUGE amounts of money being gambled in the cash cames and the house skimmed too much of it. There were people that played too much and had gambling problems. It got too big.
what a joke

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

they were just playing some cards...what's the big deal? i have monthly games in my basement, am i next?
Big difference

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Not suprised they busted the one on the East side. There has been a couple operating on the North side for years and no problem. In fact a couple of public officals have been attending one for a long time. Oh yeah I have see some cops in there as well. One high ranking one in fact. Tables, machines, off-track, and a couple of books ran through those places. Oh I forgot about the Hookers. Most are free lance, but there is one establishment that gets a piece. Guess the money and connections are better in Carmel and Fishers. And that's your answer. Not saying right or wrong, just a big difference, but not really...
Doyle Brunson

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Why can't we just play some poker?

“It's time to fix things...”

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Poker is a game of skill, not chance, ergo it is not gambling and shouldn't be illegal. Poker houses are legal in Delaware county (Muncie.)
LEO Supporter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Where was Glenn Howard???? Oh wait they were not black....or running a pea shake....or paying them off.....Was the police report altered no no it wasn't....well Glenn Howard where are you now???
Jman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

I used to go to that place and it was like a family and friends atmosphere. I thought it was harmless. NOt like everyone made it out to be. The thing was that it got way too big and people were playing cash games with WAY too much money. I think some people had gambling problems and were there too much. THe house also was taking too much money.
mee on it

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

U done got it. The four stooges want payback and got it. Let the tit-for-tat continue until Pea Shake is out of slush fund $$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of286
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••