East Side, your diets are over: Yarusso-Bros. restaurant reopening Friday

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Fred Yarusso, whose house sits just across the street from the Italian restaurant his grandfather founded, lost 12 pounds the week after a February kitchen fire charred three generations of hard work. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Red

Avon, MN

#1 Jul 29, 2009
Great story. Yarusso's is an institution for those of us who grew up on the East Side. Glad that they were able to reopen. I'll be there for a giant helping of mostacholi and a glass of vino! Cheers to the family!

Since: May 09

Mounds Park, St Paul

#2 Jul 30, 2009
May I get some fried peppers too? I love being in Yarusso's ... it's one of those special places you feel totally comfortable in ... and you are always a little sad as you make your way to leave. So to David, Fred and Mike: Mi sei mancato molto! Buona fortuna!
NoDOubt

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Jul 30, 2009
Good to have them back in action, though I wish Rocco's on Minnehaha was still in existence.
Jim Johnsen

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 30, 2009
Il cibo e' non bene. Non mangio al Yarusso Fratelli.
Cindy Stainker

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2009
I'm glad they have come back, I have never been to Yarusso's and I can't wait to go.
MN Locavore

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 30, 2009
Will be ssssoooo good to have my Sloppy Dagos again, with hot peppers and extra cheese.

I get cravings for those things; an itch that has to be scratched - and RIGHT NOW. Last fall I was craving one so bad during the day at work, Annette delivered it to me. Hot and gooey, spicy and sloppy!

Bless Yarussos for staying put, not resting on their laurels, and coming back bigger and better. I can't imagine life in Saint Paul without them.

I'm starting to drool...
bob

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 30, 2009
worst sauce I have ever had,, but we need these types of establishments in our neighbor hoods. Good luck7
Radar

Somerset, WI

#10 Jul 30, 2009
That's it! I'm packin' up the kids for a road trip to the East Side! See you soon!
paul taxpayer

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 30, 2009
bob wrote:
worst sauce I have ever had,, but we need these types of establishments in our neighbor hoods. Good luck7
i agree it is the worse sauce i ever tasted way to sweet dont know how they made it this long . all the good sauce places have closed on the east side
Annette

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 30, 2009
Thanks Tad & Rick. you guys were great fun!!!
Tad you are our favorite reporter!!
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 30, 2009
Were going to give it one more try, however we're hoping that their old sauce recipe was destroyed in the fire.
OLDTIMER

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jul 30, 2009
Now they only need to bring back 2 other things to lower Payne ave., to restore it's glory days. Geno's Restaurant and some one crusing Payne Ave in Nick DePalma's Auburn boat tailed Roadster with a young beauty sitting next to them!
Gumby

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 30, 2009
Bob wrote:
Were going to give it one more try, however we're hoping that their old sauce recipe was destroyed in the fire.
It's the same one the jr. high school cafeterias use so I'm sure it would be easily replaceable.
former eastsider

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 30, 2009
Welcome back! Can't wait to have a piece of sausage, no one makes it like you guys!
OLDTIMER

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 30, 2009
NoDOubt wrote:
Good to have them back in action, though I wish Rocco's on Minnehaha was still in existence.
I agree, Rocco's on E. Minnehaha was fantastic. I used to stop there on my way to the airport when I was visiting from D.C. Well, the Dariette drivein is still on E. Minnehaha and has great italian food!
Chuck

Hugo, MN

#18 Jul 30, 2009
NoDOubt wrote:
Amen to that!! Rocco's was great.......second to Yarusso's.
former eastsider

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 30, 2009
Oh and I agree with Oldtimer...I loved Geno's too! No one made cavatelli like they did!!
Matthew in Hugo

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 30, 2009
This place was a big part of my Childhood my Grandmother took me there after church for spaghetti and French Fries. And we went there after my mother's funeral. I have spent a lot of my life within those walls. To the people who go there it is not about the food (That is awesome by the way) it is about who you have been there with and the environment that has fostered so many memories for generations pf people who lived or grew up or lived on the East Side. I hope they did whatever they could to "keep the old" instead of falling into a "Olive Garden Feel". Regardless I am looking forward to my 30 minute drive down highway 61 from Hugo to get my fix again...
jct

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 30, 2009
I don't care for the red sauce but I know many who love it....otherwise the food is great and it's a fun place to go...welcome back -- we'll be visiting!!
East Side Pride

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jul 30, 2009
paul taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> i agree it is the worse sauce i ever tasted way to sweet dont know how they made it this long . all the good sauce places have closed on the east side
Don't forget about Romolo's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gambling, drinking monks raise hell in South Korea (May '12) Feb 20 selenagome 13
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Feb 13 fireboyandwatergirl 94
Cops: S. Philadelphia mini-mart doubled as spea... Feb 11 i am confused 1
Silver Investment Capital 10000% ROI in 48 hours Feb 7 silverinvest 1
Super Bowl betting pools also seized from Nazar... Jan 29 MarchMadnessMarch... 1
McAlester Firefighter Arrested for Hosting Poke... Jan '15 krebshascrabs 2
States seize cash, property from motorists Jan '15 Barack the Yellow 1
More from around the web