Click to read:Fukushima-type disaster inevitable in U.S.?

Jul 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

Watts Bar power plant in Spring City, Tenn. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission meets today to discuss sweeping new safety recommendations.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

i knew watts bar had bad problems,,but you know after reading this story,i am thinking about selling out and relocating..before some thing does happen,,i find my house unlivable.and uncle sam buys it for little to nothing..this story really gives food for thought.
shaking in my boots

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

I'll sell you my house Hillbilly, i live in Old Washington .
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Judged:

some thing ever goes wrong at watts bar,old washington is way to close..no i am looking for several acres..if i sell out and relocate it will not be in tn..there are several states i would rather live in..in tn if you own less than 35 acres you are taxed out the ass,to make up for the ones over 35 acres. [ green belt ],time you pay all the hidden taxs such as car tags for example, no home stead exempting on your house ,,etc..you are over taxed..several tax groups have ranked tn near the top of the states in taxing people who make below 250 thousand per year..while people above 250 thousand pay little in taxs..and now days tax rates are really some thing to take serious..
BDV

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Judged:

hillbilly wrote:
...while people above 250 thousand pay little in taxs...
Lie of a lying liar.
RenoDeano

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

The CBS article fails to state the severity of the findings, which could paint a faulty picture of the conditions. Evidently the reporters were not experienced enough or knowledgeable in commercial nuclear power matters to discuss each finding.

Take responder training: could be one person out of 1,000 did not get update training as required.

Faulty gauge: How many gauges are there in a nuclear power plant, and how many are critical to safety, and just how critical to the plant's safety was the gauge in question? Even if Watts Bar were to have a problem and say kill a few people, their overall record and benefit to the whole local economy out weighs such an event. Take the number of uncessary deaths cause in hospitals, by drivers, by parents, by religious orders, by recreational activities, farmers, etc., and are we trying to out law them? I have personally investigated allegations at nuclear plants during construction and operation, and most are of no consequence from disgruntled current and former workers. During construction of a plants no ones says shit, that is until they are fired or laid off. Then all sorts of allegations come to the surface.
Dan

Upton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

hillbilly wrote:
some thing ever goes wrong at watts bar,old washington is way to close..no i am looking for several acres..if i sell out and relocate it will not be in tn..there are several states i would rather live in..in tn if you own less than 35 acres you are taxed out the ass,to make up for the ones over 35 acres.[ green belt ],time you pay all the hidden taxs such as car tags for example, no home stead exempting on your house ,,etc..you are over taxed..several tax groups have ranked tn near the top of the states in taxing people who make below 250 thousand per year..while people above 250 thousand pay little in taxs..and now days tax rates are really some thing to take serious..
I bet I pay more in a month in property tax than you pay in a year!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••