Gaddafi plays chess while fighting rages

Jun 13, 2011 Full story: Independent Online 7

State television showed footage of Muammar Gaddafi playing chess with the head of the World Chess Federation, as fighting between the Libyan strongman's forces and rebels raged on many fronts on Monday.

Full Story
yousaf

Islamabad, Pakistan

#1 Jun 13, 2011
Gaddafi has nerves of steel or he has no nerves at all
Khan

Croydon, UK

#2 Jun 13, 2011
yousaf wrote:
Gaddafi has nerves of steel or he has no nerves at all
more nerves than your musharaf or zardari could ever have.
l o l

Santa Clara, CA

#3 Jun 13, 2011
He's pretending to play chess. Dictators behave irrationally when their life is at stake.
StormRider

Lisbon, Portugal

#4 Jun 13, 2011
l o l wrote:
He's pretending to play chess. Dictators behave irrationally when their life is at stake.
Actually , the opponent said that he plaid a decent game....and Gaddafi played with black which is always a handicap.

When you play with white, nothing less than victory is good, when you play with black, a draw is good enough and feels like victory....i know about what i'm am talking...i play chess :D
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Jun 13, 2011
l o l wrote:
Ghadaffi is always trying to play mind games with his opponent but unfortunately this time the opponent does not care and will be hard to be side tracked. If anyone gets nervous it will be his supporters wondering why he is playing games instead of finding fuel, food and water or just organizing a scheme for the war effort.
abc

Sarnia, Canada

#6 Jun 13, 2011
Libyan rebels make gains; Qaddafi plays chess

Germany recognizes the Libya rebels while Qaddafi plays chess with a man who claims intergalactic connections.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2...
StormRider

Portugal

#7 Jun 13, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghadaffi is always trying to play mind games with his opponent but unfortunately this time the opponent does not care and will be hard to be side tracked. If anyone gets nervous it will be his supporters wondering why he is playing games instead of finding fuel, food and water or just organizing a scheme for the war effort.
Well i disagree, all soldiers in frontlines have the right to take sometime for them to smoke a cigarette, drink something , sleep a bit, violate a "rebel" woman , play PSP, etc. >:>

I guess that Chess is the way Gaddafi relaxes from time to time, nothing wrong with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chess Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amitabh Bachchan preps up for Vidhu Vinod Chopr... Sep '14 AK4AB 1
Chess Championship Halts Over Toilet Tiff (Sep '06) May '14 Spirit67_ 3
Q about chess board set up (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wood Pusher 1
Vladimir Putin May Be Tough, But He's Also Dest... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Supreme court 1
Nandala not f it to run FDC, says Ogwal. (Oct '12) Feb '14 bahce 2
Muslim Country Hosts Chess Tournament, Islamize... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Trisha 7
India to blame for Vishy's Spanking by Carlsen ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Chesspro 1

Chess People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE