Rush Limbaugh and the Testing of the ...

Rush Limbaugh and the Testing of the Constitution

There are 4 comments on the Science Library Pad story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Rush Limbaugh and the Testing of the Constitution. In it, Science Library Pad reports that:

Radicalism surfaces as Rush's propensity for embarrassing tirades becomes front-and-center once again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Library Pad.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1 Mar 11, 2012
Limbaughtomy isn't "testing" the constitution.
He can say whatever he wants but freedom of speech doesn't protect you from the consequences.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 11, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
Limbaughtomy isn't "testing" the constitution.
He can say whatever he wants but freedom of speech doesn't protect you from the consequences.
If Freedom of Speech has consequences, then it's not free.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Mar 11, 2012
LoveInTheFamily wrote:
<quoted text>
If Freedom of Speech has consequences, then it's not free.
As long as you are not advocating harm to anyone in a public forum, you are free to say anything to anyone but that doesn't prevent an advertiser to part ways with you or get fired, those aren't government choices.
The first amendment is only a government mandate not a private one.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 11, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text> As long as you are not advocating harm to anyone in a public forum, you are free to say anything to anyone but that doesn't prevent an advertiser to part ways with you or get fired, those aren't government choices.
The first amendment is only a government mandate not a private one.
Yes, the advertisers can do what they wish. It was funny when I read something today Bill Maher said in defending Rush's freedom of speech:

"ďI donít like it that people are made to disappear when they say something, or people try to make them disappear when they say something you donít like. Thatís America. Sometimes youíre made to feel uncomfortable, okay?Ē

The same article went on to say about the pressure from advertisers:

ďAnd I hear people saying when they put pressure on his sponsors,ĎOh, the system is working.í No, itís not. Thatís the system being manipulated.Ē

All I can say is that it's nice that even he's adult enough to know when things have gone too far.

Source:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-defends...

It would be nice if all the name-calling and stabbing would stop and people would come together and find some solutions for our economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Board Game Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pantall Hotel to be on display at open house Apr '17 Groundhog Guss 5
News Monopoly kicks out three classic game tokens Mar '17 Spotted Girl 10
News Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopol... Feb '17 Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
Looking for rules for game called "Music Game" Jan '17 reidun 1
News Elwoods Coffee House A Unique Experience in Uti... (Dec '07) Jan '17 Bryan 6
News Fire up the charcoal, it's a cargo ship Christm... Dec '16 lucky they alive 1
Looking to buy instructions for rare board game... (Feb '09) Dec '16 Tim Zwar 16
More from around the web