Get best speakers for sound system

Get best speakers for sound system

There are 81 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Get best speakers for sound system. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Q: I'm building a sound system and researching speakers. What brands do you recommend I check out? A: There are lots of good speakers out there, but these eight are my top bang-for-the-buck recommendations: ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
richard

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2008
bar none bose for home audio and jl for car audio subwoofers bus bose for highs and mids bar none
BRIAN

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2009
I think the bose are very good for the home, and jl does make a good product, but the new Critical Mass RS57 fit and sound like a dream in my 2009 FORD pick-up. I had some Alpine and Infiniti speakers in my other trucks, but the CM RS6 and RS57 sound out of this world. I installed them in just under 1 hour. The best part is that they are thin flat and easy to install. The sound quality is second to none. I had installed them in my wifes 2007 Chrysler 300c and she loved the sound. I was very happy with the alpine speakers I had, but after I put in my wifes Critical mass speakers, I had to pick them up for myself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mike

Paramus, NJ

#3 Jun 24, 2009
by far the critical mass audio speakers and coaxals sound better than the alpine and infiniti. i have a 2006 bmw 750 and i upgraded to the critical mass rs4 and rs6 and the tweeters. it sounds very clean and crisp and never any distortion. i have critical mass rs69 in my 1987 z28 camaro and the rs6 in my qform kick-panels. it sounds great.
ANGELO

Paramus, NJ

#4 Jun 25, 2009
THESE CRITICAL MASS RS6 MIDS SOUND THE BEST. I HAVE THEM IN MY 2007 SUBURBAN LTZ IN THE DOORS,REAR AND CUSTOM KICK PANELS. THEY SOUND BETTER THAN ANYTHING OUT THERE. I HAVE THE UL12 CRITICAL MASS IN A 2.5 PORTED BOX AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING,'' YOU CAN FEEL ME FROM 2 BLOCKS AWAY''. THIS IS SOME KILLER GEAR.
Gino

Paramus, NJ

#5 Jun 27, 2009
The 2 way RS6 and RS5 speakers that CM makes sound great. They are not cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. I had them installed in my Chrysler 300c and it sounds much better than the factory top of the line system. The Critical Mass Audio speakers should be at the top of your list if you want the best car audio sound system.
CASEY

Paramus, NJ

#6 Jun 30, 2009
I have always had very good sound systems in my cars and trucks.The critical mass audio speakers sound the best in my opinion.I drive a 750 BMW and the critical mass speakers makes this car sound like a concert hall. Everyone loves the sound quality and the front image they produce.The RS coaxial speakers are made wiyh real carbon fiber and neo magnet and are thin flat shallow design.They fit any car so if you want the best take a look at critical mass audio, I am glad i did.
tony

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2009
the critical mass speakers sound great in my mustang, and they are light weight also. the sound quality is perfect and the instal was simple. no cutting no spacers, they just drop in. the rs critical mass coax systems rock. they look great also.i first heard them in a hi-end limo, that i used to drive executives to and from the airports. these limos ran from $175k to 275k bullet proof and all.they sound grat in the limos and they sound just as good in my pony.
David

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 15, 2009
Have you ever heard a speaker, that if you closed your eyes, you would think the performer - artist was sitting in front of you performing? I have, the Critical Mass RS57,RS5 and RS3 gave me that sensation. I love hi quality sound systems and Critical Mass has done it.The speakers are worth every dollar in my opinion.I know they make a ''sick'' subwoofer the UL12 I have not heard it yet but I have only seen good things online from people and experts that use them, and tested the speakers.Great product and fantastic results.
steve

Paramus, NJ

#9 Jul 15, 2009
my friend has these speakers in his toyota camry. they do sound realy realy realy good, but they are expensive. i guess ebay is my best bet. i would love to install the critical mass rs6 and ss69 in my honda accord, but i dont want to pay more for the sound system than the car is worth.i do agree with you guys, critical mass makes great speakers, just wish they would be more affordable.
David

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2009
I went to a car show this past weekend, and I finally got the chance to listen to the CRITICAL MASS UL12. It was outrageous, ridiculous and outstanding, ‘’wow’’ what a monster. It was super clear and it sounds good with all types of music. They were playing club and rock music and it was unreal how good the sound quality was. Wish I had the 3k to buy one...
Bob B

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jul 31, 2009
Just bought a used 2007 tahoe and and it had critical mass system installed in it. I did not know about this audio company, but it sounds great. My friends have 07 and 08 suburbans and my truck sounds 10 times better. I have the invoice of the person that had them installed and they used the RS6 all around the truck. The 6.5'' speakers are installed in all the factory locations and he added kick-panels with 2 more rs6 coaxials. The best part is that he paid $2000 for the speakers and i did not!!! Love that CRITICAL MASS SOUND.
Hershey

Paramus, NJ

#12 Jul 31, 2009
I just had a critical mass system installed in my 7 series bmw. I had all the speakers changed in all the stock locations with the rs4 and rs5 speakers. Also upgraded all the tweeters with the critical mass t1a with hi-pass x-over built in. The installer also changed the factory sub under the seat with a CM woofer. The end result is a top of the line sound system. The installer told me it was the best system he had ever installed, and he has been open for 15 years. I am super happy with the sound quality of my critical mass system.
VIPER MIKE

Paramus, NJ

#13 Aug 10, 2009
Just installed a set of CRITICAL MASS speakers in my 2003 Dodge Viper and they sound great. I love the sound of americam muscle and the sound of great music.The RS6 fit very nice in the car, I like the carbon fiber cone and thin shallow mount design.Also installed a pair of T1A Critical mass tweeters with xovers. They sound so good, that it feels and sounds like the musician is singing on the dash-board.Very happy with my purchase.Got them on ebay.
David

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 11, 2009
Just picked up a BMW Z3 roadster, and I knew I wanted the Critical Mass speakers all around the car. I installed the RS5 in the factory kick panels and the RS4 behind the seats. I also installed the Critical Mass 6'' speaker woofer in the factory location.It sounds Unbelievable.I think this is the best sounding Z3 in canada. These speakers are very thin and light weight and made with real carbon fiber cone and Neo. magnet.Love the sound. Now my ultimate driving machine is the ultimate sound machine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
tim

Paramus, NJ

#15 Aug 11, 2009
my bmw z3 drop top has the critical mass rs5 in the kick panels and the rs4 in the rear. the car sounds great now, 100 times better than stock system. there is nothing better than the fresh air with the top down,the sound of a bmw engine reving and some great sounding music on a great set of speakers.
Juan

Paramus, NJ

#16 Aug 13, 2009
I love the way that the critical mass RS speakers sound in my Jeep Wrangler. I like that they are made with real carbon fiber and other hybrid materials. The Critical Mass speakers are the best speakers for Jeep Wranglers. I installed the 4'' lift myself, so I saved $ by doing that. This left me with some spare cash for the speakers.
Mike

Paramus, NJ

#17 Aug 17, 2009
The best speaker for dodge viper are the critical mass RS6, they are super light weight and made of super strong carbon fiber materials and have the strongest magnets, made with neo hybrid materials.
The cm coax are so flat that you can fit them with no problems. My viper is now faster and sounds better than yours. lol :)
K CHANG

Paramus, NJ

#18 Aug 20, 2009
the critical mass speakers are the best for the subaru wrx sti. i had alpine hertz and jl audio systems, but the critical mass ss5 and ss6 sound great in my ride.much better than the other ones. i love the sound with my alpine radio and my old a/d/s amplifier.the critical mass ss coaxial speakers are both components and coaxias. they are bi-ampable so you can use them as components or as 2 ways.the system is stealth, only i know what i installed.
FAST JOE

Paramus, NJ

#19 Aug 23, 2009
I ALSO HAVE THE CRITICAL MASS SPEAKERS IN MY 2001 VIPER. THE CRITICAL MASS SPEAKERS, SOUND OUT OF THIS WORLD. THEY FIT VERY NICE WITH NO CUTTING AND THEY ARE LIGHT WEIGHT. THE SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT. THE RS AND SS CRITICAL MASS SPEAKERS ARE THE BEST.
Kubiak

Paramus, NJ

#20 Aug 26, 2009
For top of the line home audio I use Paradigm Signature subwoofers and Anthem Statement power amplifiers.This set up is the best.On the other hand, Critical Mass makes the best car automotive 12 volt speakers and amplifiers.They will make your car or truck sound like your top of the line home system.I use the rs and ss Critical Mass Audio speakers for the mids,mid bass,tweeters and I run the UL12 for the bottom end.I love music and that is why I use the best speakers at home and in all my cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Global Warming Skeptics Win Awards (Jun '14) 8 hr Time Will Tell 3
News Time for term limits (Jun '09) May 17 Norbert of Norview 51
2008 2009 2010 nissan upgrade factory color mon... (Feb '10) Apr '18 winfred 34
News Rev. Jeff Schreve, Pastor of the First Baptist ... (May '14) Mar '18 Fart Turdson 41
News "Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draws Protest Feb '18 Imprtnrd 18
News Tenants, landlords clash over rent control in S... Feb '18 David 1
News Amid negative reports, Upstate NY's del Lago ca... Feb '18 IescapedNY 14