"Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draw...

"Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draws Protest

There are 18 comments on the Harvard Crimson story from Feb 17, 2018, titled "Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draws Protest. In it, Harvard Crimson reports that:

Bearing rainbow-colored signs and wrapped in pride flags, students and faculty crowded into Emerson Hall Friday night to protest Jackie Hill-Perry, a speaker invited by religious group Harvard College Faith in Action who has been an outspoken critic of homosexuality. Hill-Perry, who writes that she was "saved from a lifestyle of homosexual sin and the like" on her website, has often spoken publicly about her sexual preferences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harvard Crimson.

Shirvell s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2018
I think the protesters should have been more extravagantly mocking of Hill-Parry. Why react seriously to these homophobic carnival barkers? These fundie types in psychosexual denial, assuming they haven't just made up a history of homosexuality for the purposes of then "being saved from the lifestyle," don't present or deserve anything like serious debate...or not just serious debate.

The student journalists should also ask around at this woman's high school or college or previous workplaces or previous women's communities. I'm betting there's a whole lot of crazy to be found.
Shirvell s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 17, 2018
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaud Jackie Hill-Perry!
Why? Are you under the impression she's a hunky guy?

She claims not to believe in reparative therapay, but only in abstaining from homosexual conduct fer jaysus's sake. That should appall you, closet case.
Rainbow Kid

New York, NY

#5 Feb 18, 2018
How did HCFA's fake christians get admitted to Harvard in the first place?
Have admission standards hit bottom?
youll shoot your eye out

Bloomingdale, IN

#6 Feb 18, 2018
Shirvell s Shrivel wrote:
<quoted text>

Why? Are you under the impression she's a hunky guy?

She claims not to believe in reparative therapay, but only in abstaining from homosexual conduct fer jaysus's sake. That should appall you, closet case.
If one can choose to abstain from adultery, why could they not abstain from homosexual activity?

Are you suggesting that gays have no self control?
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 18, 2018
youll shoot your eye out wrote:
<quoted text>
If one can choose to abstain from adultery, why could they not abstain from homosexual activity?
Because you're retarded, that's why.

For starters, xstains don't abstain from adultery in its various forms more than others abstain from adultery.

If you do abstain from adultery you "may" still jaysus fundie have sexual outlets - within marriage, namely. If a gay man abstains from gay sex in order to please some ignorant, sick jeeesus freeek he does not have any suitable sexual outlet for himself remaining.

Talibangelicals are psychosexually ill terrorists. They dissemble and they lie as the core of their project of bigotry.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#8 Feb 18, 2018
Ted Haggard s Masseur wrote:
<quoted text>
If a gay man abstains from gay sex in order to please some ignorant, sick jeeesus freeek he does not have any suitable sexual outlet for himself remaining.
He could use his hand, like you most likely do. Here's where you are really confused,' jeeesus freeeks' don't need to be pleased. According to them, it's Jesus that needs to be pleased. You're slower than a sloth.
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 18, 2018
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
He could use his hand, like you most likely do. Here's where you are really confused,' jeeesus freeeks' don't need to be pleased. According to them, it's Jesus that needs to be pleased.
Your well known psychosexual obsessions have taken a turn to include me, I see. A simple shower will not be good enough. I will have to visit a de contamination chamber at my nearest OSHA certified hospital asap.

Jaysus never said anything about homosexuality. The talibangelical jaysus freeeks can't seem to obsess on anything other than homosexuality.
Rainbow Kid

New York, NY

#10 Feb 18, 2018
<quoted text>

Are you suggesting that gays have no self control?
We were born to be love machines
If you have any complaints; address them directly to the manufacturer
Rainbow Kid

New York, NY

#11 Feb 18, 2018
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

He could use his hand, like you most likely do. Here's where you are really confused,' jeeesus freeeks' don't need to be pleased. According to them, it's Jesus that needs to be pleased. You're slower than a sloth.
Sexual attraction to dead bodies is called 'necrophilia'
We're not into necrophilia at this point in time
Since only gay men go to heaven; check in on us 100 years from now to see if we like it
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 Feb 18, 2018
<quoted text>

Your well known psychosexual obsessions have taken a turn to include me, I see.
Don't flatter yourself. I think you are so f*d up that how you got there can't be explained. Not even by you.
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 18, 2018
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
He could use his hand, like you most likely do.
I'm not flattered, I'm horrified. And not just by the prospect of an rcc closet case homophobe drawing me into his homosexualized online jihad against all things male homosexual, but by the extent of your underlying, clinical denial.

Those who try to deny they are lgbt, who try to deny their sexuality, are not trying to please jaysus, they are definitely trying to please all the sexually disturbed jaysus freeeks littering the professional homophobes' universe.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#14 Feb 19, 2018
I did not read the article, but if, as I gather from the foregoing posts, all she did was refrain from sex with another woman, then she isn't "ex" gay. She's still gay, just abstaining. Abstaining does not take away one's sexual orientation. It just means the person is in denial.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#15 Feb 19, 2018
<quoted text>

I'm not flattered, I'm horrified.
Avoid mirrors.
youll shoot your eye out

Bloomingdale, IN

#16 Feb 19, 2018
<quoted text>

Because you're retarded, that's why.

For starters, xstains don't abstain from adultery in its various forms more than others abstain from adultery.

If you do abstain from adultery you "may" still jaysus fundie have sexual outlets - within marriage, namely. If a gay man abstains from gay sex in order to please some ignorant, sick jeeesus freeek he does not have any suitable sexual outlet for himself remaining.

Talibangelicals are psychosexually ill terrorists. They dissemble and they lie as the core of their project of bigotry.
My point avoided and deflected. No self control huh?
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Feb 19, 2018
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not read the article, but if, as I gather from the foregoing posts, all she did was refrain from sex with another woman, then she isn't "ex" gay. She's still gay, just abstaining. Abstaining does not take away one's sexual orientation. It just means the person is in denial.
She explicitly claims not to support conversion therapy. Of course, she's not merely abstaining from sex or from sex with other women, she's pimping, imo, for those who bray that all lgbt persons must always abstain from sex with members of the same sex.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Feb 19, 2018
<quoted text>
Correct, fundies and other Christians obviously cannot stop committing adultery and other "sins."

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 20, 2018
Prosperity Fundieraiser wrote:
<quoted text>

She explicitly claims not to support conversion therapy. Of course, she's not merely abstaining from sex or from sex with other women, she's pimping, imo, for those who bray that all lgbt persons must always abstain from sex with members of the same sex.
I have no argument with you there. I've been a "practicing homosexual" for almost 60 years now, and there have always been folks saying we should abstain. Didn't believe it then....don't believe it now. And I have a feeling that the vast majority of GLBTs don't believe in it, either. Or straight folks, either. But if she wants to abstain, that's up to her. Personally, I think everyone should enjoy the ability to have sex as often as possible. We only get so many years of that pleasure, so we shouldn't waste them.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#20 Feb 20, 2018
<quoted text>

Yes, "cherry pick" that "sin" list!! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News God's Voice Conference to Equip Christians to S... 1 hr Okie Terror Stalker 9
News Google Home Hub joins the fight to put a screen... Oct '18 21st Century 1
News Oklahoma City rally is one of hundreds held Sat... Jul '18 Naaaggger Mom 3
News Question period is supposed to be about holding... Jun '18 bad at all levels 1
News Three Global Warming Skeptics Win Awards (Jun '14) May '18 Time Will Tell 3
News Time for term limits (Jun '09) May '18 Norbert of Norview 51
2008 2009 2010 nissan upgrade factory color mon... (Feb '10) Apr '18 winfred 34