64-slice CT scan danger

64-slice CT scan danger

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 18, 2007, titled 64-slice CT scan danger. In it, Newsday reports that:

The risk of getting cancer in their lifetime increases for people exposed to radiation during cardiac screening with a 64-slice CT scanner, an increasingly popular diagnostic tool, doctors in Manhattan said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Elby

AOL

#1 Jul 23, 2007
Yikes! I'm supposed to get this scan on Friday and now I'm scared to go through with it.
nina

Jackson, MS

#2 Jul 23, 2007
My husband and I had this test about two weeks ago. I am so angry that I was not told the truth about the amount of radiation used for the test. I was told that the radiation amount was no more than two chest x-rays. I don't have heart trouble, high blood pressure, nor high cholesterol. I had the test done because the public is told that women are more likely to die from heart attacks than breast cancer. A friend told me about the test and said it was being offered at a much lower price because the hospital had gotten a grant to be able to offer the test to the public. If I had known the true amount of radiation used, I would never have had the test done. Now I am angry and scared. If this new report is true, hospitals should not be offering this test to just anyone who walks through the door. I wonder if the hospital is trying to pay for their machine, run experimental studies, or just have not researched the situation thoroughly enough. Also, I now have to get my yearly mammogram which adds more radiation to the mix.
richard

Leesburg, FL

#3 Aug 21, 2007
if not too personal - what did the test cost?
melissa neufeld

Amity, OR

#5 Sep 1, 2007
How much does the ct scan 64 cost? thanks so much.
cindy

Baltimore, MD

#6 Mar 18, 2008
richard wrote:
if not too personal - what did the test cost?
what did the test cost>thank you
s n singh

Gajuwaka, India

#7 Jun 1, 2010
could you please let me know the potential hazards to the people who are in and around the installed CT Scan and MRI centers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scanners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walgreens to pay $2.25 million in price scanner... Feb '18 HTownTech 12
News 3D Dental Scanners Market - Top Segments and Co... (Aug '17) Aug '17 yasmine zazi 1
getting viper p-25 into scanner (Jul '16) Jul '16 wendyfurr 1
News Bar codes get around town, get on Google, get m... (Jun '10) Nov '15 evanpan 2
News Photo Preview: New Alexandria Giant Grocery Sto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Alexis 1
News For online security, rely less on passwords (Jun '15) Jun '15 MeganOBrien 1
News On This Day: First Universal Product Bar Code S... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bob 1