Full-body scanners: Full-body scanner...

Full-body scanners: Full-body scanners now in operation at Milwauke...

There are 20 comments on the Fox6 story from Aug 20, 2010, titled Full-body scanners: Full-body scanners now in operation at Milwauke.... In it, Fox6 reports that:

Full-body scanners are now in operation at Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

Wimpie

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Aug 20, 2010
This is a strip-search, period. It makes no difference that the technology allows it to be done on an industrial scale, it's a violation of privacy that ultimately has, at best, no effect on safety. At worst, it exposes frequent fliers to elevated doses of x-ray radiation which may cause more deaths by cancer than the terrorists could ever kill with an airplane.

Body-cavities are not revealed, thus making this simply an exercise in power-mongering voyeurism.

You MUST opt-out of these intrusive searches, and maybe be wanded/patted by a same-sex guard. I did this a few months ago, which gave me the opportunity to officially express my displeasure - the guard wrote down the reason for my opting-out for their official records (it's a strip-search, I said). I suggest more people do this.

Don't forget that there is no real way to validate what level of scanning is being done by the TSA. Example images on placards at the airport only show what the government want normal people and potential terrorists to see. If terrorists knew exactly how much scanning was occurring, they could adapt likewise.

Therefore, it is implausible to expect the TSA to be honest about how high the scanning level is set. In effect, the TSA will feed the general public propaganda to stop the enemy from being more diligent in their stealth.

Nice, eh - considering this was the state of the art 4 years ago:
http://rupture.co.uk/Terminal%204.html
stop crying

Sussex, WI

#2 Aug 21, 2010
Wimpie wrote:
This is a strip-search, period. It makes no difference that the technology allows it to be done on an industrial scale, it's a violation of privacy that ultimately has, at best, no effect on safety. At worst, it exposes frequent fliers to elevated doses of x-ray radiation which may cause more deaths by cancer than the terrorists could ever kill with an airplane.
Body-cavities are not revealed, thus making this simply an exercise in power-mongering voyeurism.
You MUST opt-out of these intrusive searches, and maybe be wanded/patted by a same-sex guard. I did this a few months ago, which gave me the opportunity to officially express my displeasure - the guard wrote down the reason for my opting-out for their official records (it's a strip-search, I said). I suggest more people do this.
Don't forget that there is no real way to validate what level of scanning is being done by the TSA. Example images on placards at the airport only show what the government want normal people and potential terrorists to see. If terrorists knew exactly how much scanning was occurring, they could adapt likewise.
Therefore, it is implausible to expect the TSA to be honest about how high the scanning level is set. In effect, the TSA will feed the general public propaganda to stop the enemy from being more diligent in their stealth.
Nice, eh - considering this was the state of the art 4 years ago:
http://rupture.co.uk/Terminal%204.html
OMG, stop frickin crying about it. If you dont want to do it, then opt out. comparing it to a strip search, you my friend are a class A loser and I'm guessing a single loser too...
wildcat

Brawley, CA

#3 Aug 21, 2010
The people that complaint about more security. Will be the same people complainting and trying to sue because the government or the airports didn't do everything possible to prevent an attack. This is for our safety.
BILL

Cudahy, WI

#4 Aug 21, 2010
People are never happy. They just like to complain
DMarie

Zionsville, IN

#5 Aug 22, 2010
I have traveled to many places, not much anymore. I think that having these full body scanners is good. However, I am a modest person, having a beautiful body or not. I don't know if I would opt out or not, I would make that move when I got there. Plus, I would never harm anyone, or bring anything dangerous with me when I travel, so I just might opt out for a pat down. Who knows? I just might like that, WOO -HOO!!!
DMarie

Zionsville, IN

#6 Aug 22, 2010
On second thought, the person patting me down would probably be another female!!! I was just kidding on my first comment.........the heck with it, I don't want to be patted down by another female TSA person. Body scanner, here I come, I would have nothing to hide.
freddy

Kingsland, GA

#7 Aug 22, 2010
I'm... hung. When they see that, the line will come to a complete stop because all the TSA workers will want to check it out.
I get that quite a bit. I think it's just the initial shock factor.
Curmudgeon at Large

Westmont, IL

#9 Aug 22, 2010
I agree with Wimpie..and I'm astonished at how casually we are willing to surrender what most of us regard as an important freedom. Name calling is an effective way of ending a discussion or an argument, but winning one demands reasoned analysis and debate. That is certainly missing here, as in an understanding of what it means to be a conservative: a commitment to conserving/preserving our constitutional freedoms.
say no

Sussex, WI

#10 Aug 22, 2010
Curmudgeon at Large wrote:
I agree with Wimpie..and I'm astonished at how casually we are willing to surrender what most of us regard as an important freedom. Name calling is an effective way of ending a discussion or an argument, but winning one demands reasoned analysis and debate. That is certainly missing here, as in an understanding of what it means to be a conservative: a commitment to conserving/preserving our constitutional freedoms.
freedom from what...not seeing your body..OMG, such a sad group of people who are crying about rights..you have the right to say no, so STFU and say no
Bus rider

Kansas City, KS

#11 Aug 22, 2010
THIS is your mother taught you to always wear clean underwear!!! Just smile & say "Cheese". Next week it will be on facebook!
Bus rider

Kansas City, KS

#12 Aug 22, 2010
freddy wrote:
I'm... hung. When they see that, the line will come to a complete stop because all the TSA workers will want to check it out.
You're hung????????? FAR OUT!!!!!
DMarie

Zionsville, IN

#13 Aug 22, 2010
I am "PROUD" of my son, he has chosen to serve our Country. He has been to Iraq, he will be on active duty once again in the future. My best friend is a Colonal, working at the Pentagon. They both have told me that full body scanners are needed. I just hope that these scanners do prevent any scumbag, sick minded humans from ever devestating our Country again! No, I am not clueless!! If these measures,(scanners), are a plus, then bring them on!!
John Doe

West Bend, WI

#14 Aug 23, 2010
I find no problem of being fully body scanned.
Doty

Wisconsin Dells, WI

#15 Aug 23, 2010
It makes me glad I can't afford to go anywhere right now, because honestly I don't know how I would respond to be body scanned like that. One part of me says it is for security reasons, but another part of me won't feel comfortable having a stranger see my not so pretty, over the hill body. I think that if I could ever afford to travel, I either drive or take the train or a boat if it is across the ocean.
Frequent Flyer

Kansas City, KS

#16 Aug 23, 2010
freddy wrote:
Well,...If you're hung, then they'll certainly want to see YOU in their full-body scanner! It'll give them something to talk about, around the water cooler!

“I only speak my OWN opinion”

Since: Apr 09

Menomonee Falls, WI

#17 Aug 23, 2010
Why are so many against this? I want TOTAL assurance that when I'm stuck in airplane at 35,000', it's not going to blow up! If this is what is necessary to achieve this then scan away! Since we actually in this world with nut jobs that would hijack planes and fly them into skyscrapers or conceal explosives in their underwear, you better get used to this minor invasion of your "precious" privacy. After all the person looking at the scans can't see you and looking at the example of what the image looks like, it's apparent the person being scanned isn't recognizable. I'd bet money after doing this job for a few hours (let alone weeks and months), that person isn't going to notice whether the person being scanned is a super model or a super chunk.
Milw Dude

Milwaukee, WI

#22 Aug 24, 2010
Great, now the TSA will not only be sitting on their @$$es, but they will be drooling!
What a county, have a veil you don't want to remove, no problem just step over here and let me check out your BOOBS, oh, I mean bombs! Too funny!
Teacher

Sussex, WI

#23 Aug 24, 2010
so to the people opposed to it, are you the ones hiding in the corner of the locker room because you dont want everyone to see you?? sad sad sad
freddy

Kingsland, GA

#24 Aug 25, 2010
DMarie wrote:
I am "PROUD" of my son, he has chosen to serve our Country. He has been to Iraq, he will be on active duty once again in the future. My best friend is a Colonal, working at the Pentagon. They both have told me that full body scanners are needed. I just hope that these scanners do prevent any ****, sick minded humans from ever devestating our Country again! No, I am not clueless!! If these measures,(scanners), are a plus, then bring them on!!
Next, they will want one that looks up my bum!
Slinger Resident

United States

#25 Aug 26, 2010
freddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Next, they will want one that looks up my bum!
Yeah,...BUT, think about the money you'll save on a colonoscopy!!! Then you could afford an extra carry-on!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scanners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting viper p-25 into scanner Jul '16 wendyfurr 1
News Bar codes get around town, get on Google, get m... (Jun '10) Nov '15 evanpan 2
News Photo Preview: New Alexandria Giant Grocery Sto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Alexis 1
News For online security, rely less on passwords (Jun '15) Jun '15 MeganOBrien 1
News On This Day: First Universal Product Bar Code S... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bob 1
News The a oenumber of the beast,a hand scanners (to... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WTF 2
Handheld scanners (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jamestheduke21 1
More from around the web